Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:02 pm

rosespider13
My town was infested with werewolves.

Garou or Uratha?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:44 pm

My guess would be Gauru..... rolleyes

rosespider13

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 pm

TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o

christmas confuses me to no end gonk
What about it confuses you?

i don't really know, actually. i think it has more to do with the people (that i know specifically) who participate.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:48 pm

whiporwill-o
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o

i don't really know, actually. i think it has more to do with the people (that i know specifically) who participate.
What is confusing about these people that you know who participate?

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:14 pm

rosespider13
My guess would be Gauru..... rolleyes

Pity.
While they're much munchier, I much prefer the flavour of the world of the Uratha and where they fit into it.
Gaurdians of the Earth is all well and good, but I found the Garou a little pansieish for my tastes.
The Uratha, at least, are ******** nails. "Protecting the earth is only a secondary result of maintaining the gauntlet. Gaia can kiss my furry a** if she thinks I'm out to protect her".
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:16 am

TeaDidikai
Shearaha
Found this in the witchcraft thread

Quote:
Perhaps Wicca itself needs another name then. Perhaps just calling it the Gardnerian (Alexandrian, etc) Tradition would suffice?
Because it's original meaning is basically to practice witchcraft. Therefore, in a round about way, all who practice witchcraft could call themselves Wiccan.

Now I may be getting snotty about it, but it's kind of true.

Now, I know of witches who never have practiced in a format of the whole Wiccan thing. The duality gods, the 8 holidays, etc. And they don't want to even associate with the term, especially because the whole 'religion' of Wicca is not traditional.

But when you break down words, it kind of gives you a new view on things.
Can't say I find that to be the worst thing a pagan to say, especially since it has a fair basis in fact and is demonstrating an understanding of the history of the word's use by Gardner and isn't relying on fallacies. Hell, it even goes so far as to point out that not all witches would consider using the term.

For me it was mainly the part where she was saying that rather then correct people who just take up the title Wicca that those who earned it should just call themselves something else.

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:21 am

CuAnnan
Pity.
While they're much munchier, I much prefer the flavour of the world of the Uratha and where they fit into it.
Gaurdians of the Earth is all well and good, but I found the Garou a little pansieish for my tastes.
The Uratha, at least, are ******** nails. "Protecting the earth is only a secondary result of maintaining the gauntlet. Gaia can kiss my furry a** if she thinks I'm out to protect her".
I gave them both amiss and played a Corax, mainly for my own amusement and the combo of Eidetic Memory (which for some reason covers voices/conversations as well)/Voice of the Mimic. Radio Free Raven is on the air, bringing you the latest from inside Pentex - complete with background noises and all conversationalists in their own voices!

Plus, it let me wear silver with no penalty, which annoyed my cairn's dogs. xd
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:12 pm

rmcdra
whiporwill-o
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o

What is confusing about these people that you know who participate?

well, for the holiday itself, i have heard so many different stories as to it's origins. as for the people, they are just confusing about it all, i can't just describe it, it's more like a collection of observations made over the years that i can't really set into words.

whiporwill-o

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:04 pm

I tend to consider Christmas the most successful of all amalgamated holidays.
there's a little something from all the contributing cultures. It's like the Katamari ball of festivals. 3nodding
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:41 pm

Fiddlers Green
there's a little something from all the contributing cultures. It's like the Katamari ball of festivals. 3nodding
*rolls the Katamari Christmas Ball over her Buddhist iconography, pulls out a Buddha with a Santa hat* Score!

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Byaggha
*rolls the Katamari Christmas Ball over her Buddhist iconography, pulls out a Buddha with a Santa hat* Score!

Well, the heftier images of Buddha are like a shaved Santa... ninja
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:38 pm

Byaggha
Fiddlers Green
*scratches chin* This planet holiday feels very syncreticy.

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:13 am

Shearaha

For me it was mainly the part where she was saying that rather then correct people who just take up the title Wicca that those who earned it should just call themselves something else.
Why do we assume that is unreasonable. Look at it this way, Gardnerian and Alexandrian were initially by many accounts derogatory terms, and yet the Wica use them a great deal in order to distinguish themselves.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:19 am

TeaDidikai
Shearaha

Why do we assume that is unreasonable. Look at it this way, Gardnerian and Alexandrian were initially by many accounts derogatory terms, and yet the Wica use them a great deal in order to distinguish themselves.

If it happens that the Wicca themselves choose to call themselves by a different title then I have no issue. I just don't like the idea that they should because a buch of people stole the title they already had.

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:22 am

Shearaha
TeaDidikai
Shearaha

If it happens that the Wicca themselves choose to call themselves by a different title then I have no issue. I just don't like the idea that they should because a buch of people stole the title they already had.
Then why not insist that Gardner has no claim to the title because he changed elements from the New Forest coven's practices?

And since there are Gardnerians who reject Alex Saunders claim of the title, why not insist that the Alexanderians change their title too?

I don't mind your position, I just see a lot of inconsistencies.
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games