Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Ravenclaw Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 164 165 166 167 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:47 am
User Image
Canaan Grey
RavenclawThird YearThirteen Years OldSingleReserve Keeper

Canaan was not the most graceful flyer, but he managed to side around to make his block. The Quaffle slid across his gloved hands, and this was barely enough to deflect it off course, and clang off the hoop and not go in. The Bronze Team Keeper collected the lopsided red sphere, and chucked in the direction of one of teammates. "Rhiannon, catch!" he called out.

OOC:
Rawwry

User Image
AC: 14
Modifiers: +4 Blocking the Quaffle, +4 Shooting the Quaffle
Special Skills: Good Arm, Hold the Line, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Action: Putting Quaffle back in play
Effect Value:  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:53 am
User Image
User Image

w e x d o n ' t x b e l i e v e x w h a t ' s x o n x T V - - -
f i r s t x y e a r x r a v e n c l a w x
q u i d d i t c h x p i t c h
q u i d d i t c h x t e a m
w h a t x n o w

Rhiannon huffed as she failed to snag the quaffle away from Lavinia. Though, as the Bronze Team keeper, Canaan blocked the shot, she cheered, "Nice, Canaan!" She grabbed hold of the quaffle being tossed to her and started off toward the opposite side of the pitch.

Position: Bronze Chaser
Modifiers: +4 AC, +2 stealing.
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe.
Total Roll:
Posts to Goal: 1/3
Lives: [] [] []

Quote:

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾- - - - - - - - - - - - a n d x w h a t x w e x w a n t x w e x k n o w x w e x c a n ' t x b e l i e v ex - - - - - - - - - - - -☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
addaellis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:54 pm

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

fifth year || Ravenclaw prefect || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club || Astronomy Club

Sona had to barrel roll to dodge as the Quaffle flew narrowly over her one pass, but she was soon in position to reach out for the snitch again.....

This time the snitch headed straight for the goal post. Sona narrowly pulled away in time to prevent herself from a nasty crash with one of Caanan's goal posts, but in doing so lost track of the tiny golden ball. Awww...

Stats:
AC: 17
Modifiers: +7 to spotting/ catching the snitch, +5 to other (roll 12+ to spot, 15+ to catch)
Special Skills: Natutral Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
Lives: <3 <3 <3

Sadnesss D:

”QUOTING”

User Image User Image User Image
I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
♫♪
"Chasing Cars", by Snow Patrol. Cover by Caleb Hyles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:02 pm
User Image
User Image

w e x d o n ' t x b e l i e v e x w h a t ' s x o n x T V - - -
f i r s t x y e a r x r a v e n c l a w x
w h a t x n o w

Rhiannon kept flying, she wasn't too sure how much time they had left in their scrimmage, but she'd like to at least get in one more shot before they finished, if not make the goal.

Position: Bronze Chaser
Modifiers: +4 AC, +2 stealing.
Total Roll:
Posts to Goal: 2/3

Quote:

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾- - - - - - - - - - - - a n d x w h a t x w e x w a n t x w e x k n o w x w e x c a n ' t x b e l i e v ex - - - - - - - - - - - -☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:00 pm
User Image

You said, oh girl, it's a cold world
                                        When you keep it all to yourself
                                        I said, you can't hide on the inside
                                        All the pain you've ever felt
                                        Ransom my heart, but baby don't look back
                                        'Cause we got nobody else

Nico checked the time and almost swore. Yikes they were close on time! Nico blew the whistle to end tryouts "Hey bring in guys!" Nico said " let get cleaned up and hit the locker rooms me and Jonah will pick the team and I'll have it posted tonight!" Nico summoned the snitch and with assistance got the bludgers and quaffle secured

Rawwry

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

murruelecreuset

Graydon Ironshield

Trickblues

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

You know that sometimes, it feels like
                                                                            It's all moving way too fast
                                                                            Use every alibi and words you deny
                                                                            That love ain't meant to last
                                                                            You can cry tough baby, it's all right
                                                                            You can let me down easy, but not tonight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:02 pm
Ravenclaw Quidditch Team

Team Captain
Nicodemus Lovette

Team Vice Captain
Jonah Lane

Keeper
Benjamin Clarisse

Chasers
Ignatius Hepburn
Lavinia Gismondi
Brook Knapp

Seeker
Nicodemus Lovette

Beaters
Charlotte Jenkins
Jonah Lane

Reserves
Rhiannon Engels - Reserve Chaser
Canaan Grey - Reserve Keeper
Lillith Whitethorne - Reserve Beater #1
Aidene Kieran - Reserve Beater #2
Sonora Li - Reserve Seeker #1
Loke Nalson-Lillantine - Reserve Seeker #2

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You said, oh girl, it's a cold world
                                        When you keep it all to yourself
                                        I said, you can't hide on the inside
                                        All the pain you've ever felt
                                        Ransom my heart, but baby don't look back
                                        'Cause we got nobody else

Nico entered the pitch and got all set up. It was his last year and last season to bring home the cup. Jonah needed to step down as vice-captain, Nico understood though. Running a club and Quidditch Captain? Nico sure wouldn't be able to do it. He had already chosen his new Vice Captain and hoped she is able to handle it. As he finished setting up he hoped for a good turn out

You know that sometimes, it feels like
                                                                            It's all moving way too fast
                                                                            Use every alibi and words you deny
                                                                            That love ain't meant to last
                                                                            You can cry tough baby, it's all right
                                                                            You can let me down easy, but not tonight

orange

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:31 pm
Run little sister, run so fast
I see he’s gaining on you
Take a breath and make it last
The darkwater horizon
Smile like you mean it and just
Cast the light of hell right out of here

User Image
LAUREL
NICOLE
HILL

RAVENCLAW │ HALFBREED │ SECOND YEAR

Laurel had never actually seen a quidditch match before, so while she had a rudimentary idea of how the game was played, beyond knowing how to fly, she was pretty much in over her head. For most people, this probably would have been intimidating, but she was mostly just curious and eager to get up in the sky. Stereotypes held that the Ravenclaw team traditionally both sucked and was underserved, so she didn't know what she'd prefer. If the bar was set really low, she'd probably have a shot of making the team. On the other hand, she didn't like losing much, either.

Username: The Forgotten Weasley
Character's Name: Laurel Hill
House: Ravenclaw
Year: Second
Advanced Flying I: no
Advanced Flying II: no
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
Any Special Skill: Dang Healthy, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Chaser

OOC:
Position: Beater
Mods: +2 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Deft Dodger
Lives: (X) (X) (X) (X)

Username

No one else can see it, the shape
That makes you fall on fallow ground
So no more laying down, and no more dragging out
It’s the darkhorse you give legs to, no one else can ride
In the wake of strange beginnings, we can still stand high

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:56 pm
User Image

User Image

h e y , x l i t t l e x s o n g x b i r d - - -
s e c o n d x y e a r x r a v e n c l a w x
r e s e r v e x c h a s e r
t r y o u t s

Rhiannon made her way down to the quidditch pitch, quite eager to tryout for the team. Sure, maybe she thought it was a little bit rigged last year, but she enjoyed the practices nonetheless. Rhi took an application from Nico and thanked him, before quickly jotting down all the necessary information and handing it back. The second year moved to stand next to Laurel as they waited for try-outs to begin. She looked over at her, "Ready?" she asked simply. Rhiannon definitely felt she was, but she knew better than to get cocky this early. Look what it had cost her last year.

Username: Rawwry
Character's Name: Rhiannon Engels
Year: Second
Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe.
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Keeper

Position:
AC: 15
Modifiers: +5 AC, +3 stealing.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾- - - - - - - - - - - - n o x b o d y x s i n g s x o n x e m p t y x - - - - - - - - - - - -☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:37 pm
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

third year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club seamstress || Astronomy Club baker || Adventurer's Guild paladin || Cooking Club pâtissière
Dueling Club duelist || Fencing club squire || Martial Arts Club founder || Quidditch reserve beater

Aidene had found out over the summer that Jonah--her neighbor and beater buddy--had been grounded from Quidditch this years due to grades or something. Thankfully she had succeeded on her charisma check to persuade her dad not to ground her as well, but she had to work hard in classes this year, but for now, she had promised Jonah that she would do her best to make him proud. At least Quidditch-Charlotte and Lilith would be familiar faces! And, as she trudged to the Pitch with her Starsweeper XXI in one hand and a jug of iced tea in another, she spotted another surely-beater friend.

”Laurel! Come to join the ranks of the best team at Hogwarts and the best position on the team?” She grinned, then added with a wink, ”Also, when we get back to the dorm, I saved you a piece of that Demelza Howe peach strudel.” She'd given most of that morning's work to Jonah and her Charlotte because they weren't coming down for Quidditch, but did save a piece to complete her quest of sharing a Demelza Howe snack with Laurel. If she'd known Laurel was going to be down here she would've just brought it along!

Aidene traded the jug of iced tea for a sign up form with an apologetic, ”Hey Nico, sorry I don’t have cookies this year. But I figured iced tea would be a better practice snack. Special blend with peach!”

Username: addaellis
Character's Name: Aidene Azura Kieran
Year: third
Advanced Flying I: yes
Advanced Flying II: yes (currently taking)
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
Second Choice Position: Reserve Beater (or any)

Stats:
AC: 16
Modifiers: +4 to hitting bludgers, +2 to everything else
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing

”The Forgotten Weasley"

User ImageUser Image User Image

I'm on fire with a blade.
You're about to hear my name
Ringing in your head like oh
So keep your eyes on me now
You'll like whatever you see.

~"Pop/Stars" by K/DA (ft. Madison Beer, (G)I-DLE, Jaira Burns) from League of Legends

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:17 am
♖ Brook ♖ Knapp ♖
♖Third Year♖
User Image
▬▬"Food is cute."▬▬

Brook ran to the field, ready for quidditch try outs. It was going to be a great year this year! She had taken advanced flying, so she had learned os many new things for playing. It was going to be WONDERFUL. Of course, the sad part was that Jonah wasn't in quidditch anymore, who was she going to bet against with Aidene, with all of his knocking of self out. They'd have to find a new victim of bets. But hey, maybe Aidene would get to play this year! When Brook arrived, not many people were there yet, but Brook heard the words "Demelza Howe peach strudel." She turned to Aidene, "YOU STILL HAVE SOME LEFT? YOU SAID IT WAS ALL GONE. I feel betrayed Aidene." She smiled at Laurel, Rhiannon, and Nico, "Hi! Are you excited for this year? It's going to be great. I sense another win for Ravenclaw for the Quidditch cup this year."

She filled out ehr application and handed it to Nico.

form
Username: Stefan Lee Salvatore
Character's Name: Brook Knapp
Year: Third
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
Any Special Skill: Good Arm; Sharp Eyes; Great Catch
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: reserve chaser

▬▬"Boys are cuter."▬▬

Position: chaser
AC: 12
Modifiers: +4 catch; +4 shooting
Special Skills: Good Arm; Sharp Eyes; Great Catch
Lives: ♖♖♖
Roll: --
Trying to: Get to the Goals --/3 AND/OR Shooting: -- OR Passing To: -----

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:43 pm
User Image
Canaan Grey
RavenclawFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingleReserve Keeper

Canaan made his way out to the Quidditch pitch, looking forward to the start of the season. It was that magical time of the year when all things Quidditch were possible and the chance to do great things on the pitch was there for the taking. With his broomstick slung over his shoulder, he was whistling a Quidditch chant, while seeing whom was already there. With a little luck he might end up on the first-string, but he was equally happy to be a reserve, as he liked simply being on the team.

Username: Graydon Ironshield
Character's Name: Canaan Grey
Year: Fourth
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3 (one year as Reserve Chaser, two years as Reserve Keeper)
Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Hold the Line, Natural Flyer
First Choice Position: Keeper
Second Choice Position: Wherever we're thin

OOC:
Username

User Image
AC: 16
Modifiers: +6 Blocking the Quaffle, +6 Shooting the Quaffle
Special Skills: Good Arm, Hold the Line, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Action:
Effect Value:  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:48 pm
User Image
                                                I've been long, a long way from here
                                                Put on a poncho, played for mosquitos,
                                                And drank til I was thirsty again
                                                We went searching through thrift store jungles
                                                Found Geronimo's rifle, Marilyn's shampoo
                                                And Benny Goodman's corset and pen

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

ƑƖƑƬӇ ƳЄƛƦ || ƦЄƧЄƦƔЄ ƁЄƛƬЄƦ || ƦƛƔЄƝƇԼƛƜ ƤƦЄƑЄƇƬ

════════════════════════

Lillith got to the pitch, already looking around and frowning. She figured she had a good shot at making the team now that Charlotte was gone, and the redhead tucked a piece of hair behind an ear while she picked up a form from Nico. She quickly filled it out and looked around at everyone else, noting who was or wasn't there. She was just that much more determined to play, and she wanted to know who she'd be competing against for the position. Handing it back to Nico, she settled into stretches, wondering how long before tryouts officially began.

Modifiers: +7 to everything
                                                Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Dang Healthy
                                                Lives: ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
                                                Final Roll: --

Username: Diamond Wales
                                                Character's Name: Lillith Whitethorne
                                                Year: Fifth
                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 4
                                                Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Dang Healthy
                                                Second Choice Position: I am definitely going for beater.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I am going to make the team this year.
                                                OOC:

-◎-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

You get down, real low down
                                                You listen to Coltrane, derail your own train
                                                Well who hasn't been there before?
                                                I come round, around the hard way
                                                Bring you comics in bed, scrape the mold off the bread
                                                And serve you french toast again

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:04 pm

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

sixth year || Ravenclaw prefect || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club

Sonora had spent most of the morning hanging out with her friends.. She was really sad that Jonah wasn’t going to be in Quidditch this year, but as with the rest of the summer, did her best to cheer him up. It would be okay! He was still friends with everyone, and besides, they could still fly around the Pitch for fun!

So she headed down to the pitch with Iggy, making casual conversation. It seemed like forever ago that she felt like she couldn’t look at Iggy without feeling overwhelming guilt. She still felt terrible when she thought of it and still didn’t know how she could possibly say anything about her feelings. But at least all their friends were okay now. So this crush...could remain silent. Not now. Not yet. Maybe...

They had reached the Pitch, and Sona caught the tail end of Aidene teasing Brook good-naturedly. ”I said I have to save some for a quest and this is quest! And you got to lick the bowl!” Aidene waved Iggy over, even though she’d seen him just a few moments ago. She stuck out her boots with a grin. ”Heya Dragon Boy! Got your lucky socks?”

Sona smiled at the energy of the younger students already lighting up the Pitch. To be honest, she missed Jonah’s presence in the middle of it all already. Then she brushed off the thoughts and went to get forms for her and Iggy. There was Quidditch to play. And she couldn’t wait to fly!

Username: addaellis
Character's Name: Sonora Li
Year: sixth
Advanced Flying I: yes
Advanced Flying II: yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 5
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
First Choice Position: Seeker
Second Choice Position: (any)

Stats:
Modifiers: +7 to spotting and catching the snitch, +5 to other
Special Skills: Natutral Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch

”Kungfudemoness"

"Stefan Lee Salvatore"

Trickblues

User Image User Image User Image
Every time I see you smile
Every time I hear your voice I wanna
Dance and sing and be a little crazy
Now that you're with me, I'm fine
Knowing I can take my time
Jumping without hesitating
Cause you will always catch me when I fall
♫♪
~"When I Fall" by the Gardiner Sisters

addaellis

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:28 pm
User Image User Image
Benjamin "Benny" Clarisse
Fourth Year Ravenclaw
Fourteen Year Old - Half Blood - Keeper

Location : Quidditch Pitch - Ravenclaw Tryouts

Benjamin was looking forward to another year of Quidditch. He wasn’t in it as much as his cousin was but to be fair, he had a mother who went pro. It was hard for Benny to see himself going in that direction. There was so much more he could be doing after graduation. Luckily that wasn’t for a good number of years.

Walking down to the Quidditch pitch with Jess like he normally did, Benny left her at the stands. Heading over he grabbed a form and filled it out. He didn’t fear that he wouldn’t be playing. Honestly, he was certain he’d do just fine blocking goals today. If all went as planned, he’d be happy to play Keeper again for the team. His parents would be happy for him he was sure.

- - - - - - - - - -

Username: murruelecreuset
                                                  Character's Name: Benjamin Clarisse
                                                  Year: Fourth Year
                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 4 (MTA)
                                                  Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Hold the Line
                                                  First Choice Position: Keeper
                                                  Second Choice Position: Chaser

With : Ravenclaws...

OOC : - - -

Passing: --- - Total Roll: --
                                                  Modifiers: +7 AC, +9 Blocking, +5 Stealing / Shooting (MTA)
                                                  Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Hold the Line
                                                  Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Oh, my boy, don't worry, you won't be lonely
                                                  I think you'll make friends easily enough
                                                  Now then, what to do with you?
                                                  Ah, yes, bright and curious as you are, it'd better be
                                                  Ravenclaw!

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 164 165 166 167 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games