Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:43 am

True Colours of Destiny
maenad nuri
Please, please stop trying to get me to move. I said I'll consider it -- but I need my current job to get to go to grad school. I need to stay around here, not in the suburbs.

At this point in time, I would hiss at someone who suggests moving to suburbia. sweatdrop

He loves the suburbs. I have a thinly veiled contempt for them.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:55 am

jonasgarland
Namikikyo
Gypsy is a racial slur that is extremely hurtful, I would appreciate you changing it.

Actually. No it isn't. There are people who call themselves gypsies. It isn't a racial slur. It may be considered offensive or derogatory, but so can any word in the English language. The word gypsy is a word once used describe traveling folk. It does not apply to race, get that out of your head.

No Sir, it is not. I wish I could tell you in your face how stupid you are for believing this and how dare you tell me what to get out of my head. I gave you links and an example of how it is a slur.

So I'll ask again;

Please go back to history class and kindly change the ******** name.

Namikikyo

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:01 am

maenad nuri
True Colours of Destiny
maenad nuri
Please, please stop trying to get me to move. I said I'll consider it -- but I need my current job to get to go to grad school. I need to stay around here, not in the suburbs.

At this point in time, I would hiss at someone who suggests moving to suburbia. sweatdrop

Is this because of the image it tries to convey as being a paradise when it is a cesspool of suppression, hypocrisy, and denial?

Or am I being too pessimistic?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:16 am

rmcdra
maenad nuri
True Colours of Destiny
maenad nuri

Is this because of the image it tries to convey as being a paradise when it is a cesspool of suppression, hypocrisy, and denial?

Man, you just hit Naperville on the head.

maenad nuri
Captain

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:20 am

maenad nuri
rmcdra
maenad nuri
True Colours of Destiny
maenad nuri

XD wow I didn't even know the town/community in question. I was afraid I was just making a sweeping generalization there.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:35 am

rmcdra
maenad nuri
rmcdra
maenad nuri
True Colours of Destiny
maenad nuri

XD wow I didn't even know the town/community in question. I was afraid I was just making a sweeping generalization there.

Hubby grew up in somewhat poorer areas of suburbs than I did. So he views suburbs as a step up. I don't really.

Plus -- work will pay for grad school. Like a lot of it. There's no telling if I'd be able to find a job with the same company (with the same benefits) if I move. It makes me a little nervous that he's trying this hard to convince me, when I want to get my goals accomplished too.

maenad nuri
Captain

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:03 am

maenad nuri

Hubby grew up in somewhat poorer areas of suburbs than I did. So he views suburbs as a step up. I don't really.

Plus -- work will pay for grad school. Like a lot of it. There's no telling if I'd be able to find a job with the same company (with the same benefits) if I move. It makes me a little nervous that he's trying this hard to convince me, when I want to get my goals accomplished too.

What is it about the suburbs that makes it appear as a step up to him? It sounds like you are living quite nicely too. What he's looking for might be actually closer than he thinks.

Also is he still aware of your goals? I know my fiancee and I both have a tendency to forget what we each want. It's good to have deep heart to hearts about dreams and goals in my experience with my fiancee. I learn something new about her too.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:05 am

rmcdra

What is it about the suburbs that makes it appear as a step up to him? It sounds like you are living quite nicely too. What he's looking for might be actually closer than he thinks.

I have no idea --he's also thinking Chicago itself, which might be interesting at least, for a short time.
Quote:

Also is he still aware of your goals? I know my fiancee and I both have a tendency to forget what we each want. It's good to have deep heart to hearts about dreams and goals in my experience with my fiancee. I learn something new about her too.

He better -- I remind him that it's my turn for the higher learning once he's finally done with this round for him.

maenad nuri
Captain

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:16 am

maenad nuri
rmcdra

I have no idea --he's also thinking Chicago itself, which might be interesting at least, for a short time.
Sounds like something to explore.

Quote:
Quote:

He better -- I remind him that it's my turn for the higher learning once he's finally done with this round for him.
XD I'm sure he remembers but it may be muddled with other things on his mind right now. Is there anything going on with him currently that could be pressing his need to move to become more vocal? If this is too personal feel free not to answer, I'm just throwing some questions to think about that might help you generate discussion with your Hubby.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:28 am

A little too personal, but finishing school and trying to get things stable always looms in our heads, and he feels it a bit more intensely than me.

maenad nuri
Captain

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:43 am

maenad nuri
A little too personal, but finishing school and trying to get things stable always looms in our heads, and he feels it a bit more intensely than me.

Maybe keeping in mind or finding out why he feels it more might also help in future discussions on this topic?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:13 am

The whole situation with Roman Polanski has brought out the rape apologists in swarms.

Apparently, just saying no isn't enough, you have to punch the rapist in the face too. Oh and if you get drunk it means you auto consent to sex with someone. Clearly. >.<

I ******** hate people.

Recursive Paradox

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:38 am

I didn't mean to, I'm sorry.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:03 am

~Is still waiting for the apology~

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:06 am

Recursive Paradox
The whole situation with Roman Polanski has brought out the rape apologists in swarms.

Apparently, just saying no isn't enough, you have to punch the rapist in the face too. Oh and if you get drunk it means you auto consent to sex with someone. Clearly. >.<

I ******** hate people.

Keep in mind though, that for three decades, the girl has been desperately trying to get lawyers and the media to just drop it already - she has already settled with him out of court and would rather you, me, the media, the law, and everyone else gawking at them just let her get on with her life and quit drudging up incredibly painful memories.
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games