Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelfire5x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:06 pm
That works.

I wish they'd make dirtbike rough riders, i've seen the GW conversion for it, but, to be honest, it's pretty lame.

Army bikes have always vbeen tiny frame things.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:00 am
I've just completed the veteran terminatory guy for Cagalli's army (This one was a complete surprise piece)
Captain Lysander... then I sculpted some hair out of greenstuff (used the GW modelling tool to shape the mass, then detailed using a surgical stitch cutter I stole from hospital), filled the "knee leg" so it matches the other "fused" leg of the armor... put the shield on a 90 degree turn, then added a sickle.
The ULTIMATE communist.  

Ophiuchus

Silvia Crow

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:10 am
I made a 4 legged hive tyrant with an underslung Venom Cannon, tusks, and a crown of claws. I got to upload a pic of it soon...not done pointing it yet though...  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:06 pm
Bump from the second position on page 3...  

Lozt_1

Relkin9

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:25 pm
Lozt_1
Bump from the second position on page 3...

Hey, what do you think you are doing? This is my job. Sheesh, trying to give me competition or something... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:51 pm
lol  

Reddemon

ArmosD49

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:35 pm
I haven't done much conversion work bt I am planning to do so with my dreadnought but dont know what

First model to use with conversion, I used some greenstuff to create a custom shoulder pad that looked like it came from some kind of shell creature. In my command squad I used some greenstuff and some nid parts to make my champion, puttying scything talons to his backpack making them look like wings. so can anyone help me on ideas for the dreadnought  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:49 am
ArmosD49
I haven't done much conversion work bt I am planning to do so with my dreadnought but dont know what

First model to use with conversion, I used some greenstuff to create a custom shoulder pad that looked like it came from some kind of shell creature. In my command squad I used some greenstuff and some nid parts to make my champion, puttying scything talons to his backpack making them look like wings. so can anyone help me on ideas for the dreadnought

Well, tell us what you want him to look like, and we can help. I mean, we need to know if you want him covered in scythes, or if you want him to have wings.  

Relkin9

ArmosD49

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:48 am
no I just want to make ehim taller and kinda make him look like ajax on the website under dreadnought conversions, but I neede help on knowing how to do that  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:58 am
ArmosD49
no I just want to make ehim taller and kinda make him look like ajax on the website under dreadnought conversions, but I neede help on knowing how to do that
read the profile BY Ajax. It says:

"To add some height, I added metal washers along the waist servo, and metal Warlord Titan leg guards also helped the theme. I took the shield from the Warhammer Bretonnian Fighter Shield sprue (to reinforce the knight theme). For the helm, I modified a Chaos Space Marine Defiler head. I cut an inverted V-shape from the helm and then filled in the gap in the middle with epoxy putty. I also sculpted the jaw underneath to complete the face. For the extra exhaust pipes, I just drilled holes in two lascannon barrels from the Dreadnought boxed set with a pin vise.

As for the weapons, I modeled them after drawings and artwork from the Epic 40,000 range. I used the lascannon from the Razorback and the missile launcher from the Dreadnought boxed set (along with some plasticard and putty) to make these weapons."

There. That tells you EXACTLY how to make it.  

Cagalli Yura Attha

Reddemon

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:29 pm
Im plannin on makin a pit fighter warband usin Men of the Empire Militia box & the Tomb Kings box. Most of the time ill use the buckler arm to hold the sheild. some times ill have to use the buckler to hold a extra wepon  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:04 pm
Well, I say just go with your instincts on the Dreadnaught.  

Relkin9

runda

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:44 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:46 am
runda
The only conversion I�ve done was when I made some gladiators by taking some Kroot and Space Orks and glued bits and pieces of armor on them and gave them an assortment of close combat weapons to give them that savage look.

Well, how long have you been at it? And for what game?  

Relkin9

runda

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:32 am
Relkin9
runda
The only conversion I�ve done was when I made some gladiators by taking some Kroot and Space Orks and glued bits and pieces of armor on them and gave them an assortment of close combat weapons to give them that savage look.

Well, how long have you been at it? And for what game?

it for warhammer 40k and I've been working on it for a week give or take a few. I'm thinking of maybe making some rules for them so I can have a use for them  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games