Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
What do your parents think? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

miko__hellsing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:53 am
my mom is pretty cool. Is really rare when she said tht she dont love my suit or the accesory tht I have.
my father he like the cloath but he hate everything else xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:29 pm
Well, both my parents are supportive of how I am... because I'm just a normal person who's different... they say I can listen to any music I want, just as long as I don't follow stupid propaganda; and they support my individuality; they don't shove religion down my throat, it comes to me gradually, on my own terms. the only thing my dad doesn't like is when I wear dog collars... I can wear a million spikes; but he'll only say something if I wear my dog collar; and they don't like the music I listen to, but they don't say anything to me about it...I guess I have weird parents xp  

Tierra_de_Fuego

Desirable Capitalist

6,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Window Shopper 100

mee_shee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:18 pm
Miine know.

They hate it.

But they let me wear my stuff anyway.

They don't like me wearing my "garbage" when we go to a really nice place though, that's the only thing.

And they don't let me wear it to school.

Let's just say I don't to school for the sake of me staying alive.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:57 pm
at first my parents just freaked out and told me to stop being "gothic"...and im like: "im not a type of art known to be found in the 1500's in ancient cathedrals"...as i do in my own smartassy way...buuut...they didnt appreciate it...but now they just tell i cant wear all black to church and thats ok with me...as long as they dont yell at me anymore -_-...  

~Loves_Yami~

~Loves_Yami~

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:59 pm
Tierra_de_Fuego
Well, both my parents are supportive of how I am... because I'm just a normal person who's different... they say I can listen to any music I want, just as long as I don't follow stupid propaganda; and they support my individuality; they don't shove religion down my throat, it comes to me gradually, on my own terms. the only thing my dad doesn't like is when I wear dog collars... I can wear a million spikes; but he'll only say something if I wear my dog collar; and they don't like the music I listen to, but they don't say anything to me about it...I guess I have weird parents xp
lmao not weird...yours are better than mine...-_-...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:27 pm
my parents are really cool with it, except my dad doesn't really like it when i wear all black. he makes smart-a** comments about it that really bug me.

my parents don't really care of the music i listen to, as long as i listen to classical every once in awhile.

my mother actually buys and makes black clothes for me, which is awesome.

:]

although they hate it when i wear my collars and whatnot.

[ Die Katze ]

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:19 pm
My parents raised me on Pantera, Black Sabbath, Metalica, Type O Negitive, and etc. So, as far as my taste in music goes they have no problem.
How I dress is split though. My Mom doesn't mind and she's aware that I know that there's a time and a place to be freaky. My Dad on the other hand, can not stand it. He wants me to dress "more like a lady." It doesn't help that he's the biggest metrosexuall I've ever seen. (He has more shoes than I do.) And he sometimes makes the mistake of saying "Geez [bk], if I was a girl, I would so wear that!" (To which I usually reply "I've got friends who can arrange that.") He's not aloud to shop for clothes with me because we always end up arguing... and usually these some how turn into very heated arguements. Basically they happen because he makes me feel like s**t for not picking one outfit over the other. And because he loves argue. (He could have been a lawyer in another life if he only knew how to make sense.)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:47 am
I'm really not sure about how my parents feel about it. I'm sure that they would hate it if they knew, but let's just say that I'm taking the um..."transformation" slowly. But they let me wear what I want and do what I want, which is nice.  

ChiRubian

Disease of the Flesh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:18 pm
My Parents are happy that I'm goth. They really like who I am and also the clothes. They like me better now then in my pre-goth period. and I like myself better now then before. I Have kind of always been goth on the inside btu didn't dress like one. But now I do dress like one and like it!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:50 pm
:...There are worse things...:

As long as my parents don't catch me with black lipstick and such any month other than October...it's fine. My aunts and cousins on the other hand...Different story.

My dad does, however, refuse to go into Hot Topic with me. My mom takes me there instead- or my friends, if they're around.

:...Than a shattered chandelier...:

6shattered6chandelier6

Vexworth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:26 am
My mom doesn't care how I dress at all. She thinks I'm completely insane, but she doesn't really do anything about it. Maybe it's because I don't wear massive amounts of chains and am more of a literary/artistic type than a 'grrr' type, I don't know.

My dad constantly thanks me, because he's happy he's not raising anyone 'boring'.

I think, also, they give me an excuse ... because my biological father (I'm adopted o_o) was known for his trenchcoat and sunglasses, so I can blame it on genetics.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:12 pm
Muted Faith9
I was just wondering how peoples parents reacted to their children being gothic. I mean, most parents don't like the music, the stereotypes that go with being gothic, and my parents even hate the clothing. My parents really don't know about me being gothic as they are so much against it that if they found out I would probably be disowned. So how did your parents react? Or do they even really know?

y mother is in deneil its kind of funny  

Hunter of the Dammed

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:47 pm
My parents are cool with it.

My father and I don't really talk much, so I'm not really sure if he likes or dislikes my taste in clothing, music, and whatnot.

My mom on the other hand, likes a lot of the music I listen to, and really likes my style of dress (though it isn't anything she would wear). She is really an awesome mom. So long as a garment isn't wildly expensive, she's willing to buy me whatever clothing I want. Alongside that, she's grown quite fond of The Cruxshadows as of late, and is pretty cool with the other bands I listen to, though she isn't very fond of my baroque music. sweatdrop

Overall, my parents realize that just because I'm clad in odd black clothing, it dosn't make me any better nor worse a person. My parents realize that I have a good head on my shoulders, I'm a decent human being in terms of my personality, and when it all boils down, I know, as do my parents, that those are the attributes that truly matter. It's not the clothing you wear, nor the music you like, but who you are that really matters. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:15 am
My mom wouldn't care, she thinks that stuffs pretty cool anyways.
Its my dad that I have to worry about.
It was funny this Christmas because my one older cousin got me a studded belt.
My dad just gave me this glare.
Then of coarse I'm like "I can wear this with my net top" and he's like "When did you get a net top" "When I was shopping with Ang last year" again all I got was glare.
As long as I don't go "over board" he'll let me wear what I want, but he did ban me from wearing my leather biker jacket when I'm with him.

kykana

Invisible Informer

8,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:06 am
"its just a phase" has become my mother's mantra

other then that, she sighs and rolls her eyes

its not the color of my dress, its the cut of my cloths that she busys herself with.

but shes quaker, if she had it her way, id be dressed like the amish  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces