Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
The Complaint Dept Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you consider this thread cathartic?
  No
  Yes
  Where's my damned dinner?
View Results

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:57 am
Lil-Jo
.......................................... GAS PRICES!

...............................GAS PRICES!

.........................GAS PRICES!

GAS PRICES!
Exactly sad  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:53 pm
Lil Brat
Lil-Jo
.......................................... GAS PRICES!

...............................GAS PRICES!

.........................GAS PRICES!

GAS PRICES!
Exactly sad

*Spitting foam out of his mouth.* GAS... PRICES...
I'm gonna walk or bike every day to my new job, even if it's 13 miles away. My absolute limit is 20.  

Harbone
Crew

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:27 pm
Really? Is it gonna be up-hill both ways wink  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:25 pm
Considering where he lives it probably is...  

Lil-Jo
Crew

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:08 pm
The great thing about the Springs is that everything, on a bike, is downhill once you get started. The slopes are often so steep you can cruise down one hill and practically crest the top of the next before you even start peddling!

(The bad thing about the Springs is the eye-gouging distances between everything. It's an ex-resort town surrounded by strip malls and tract homes, so nothing is convenient at all. And there's really very poor public transport for a town this size.)

This is in stark contrast to Portland, Oregon, where everything is uphill and covered in urine, even the flat bits.

No, that's not fair. Sometimes there are butt-loads of trees in the way and the road bike path is an unpassable mire of hepatitis-laden mud and water, too.

(The good thing about Portland is that everything is pretty much accessible by bike and the public transport is really good for a town that size.)

Both towns have a surfeit of rednecks who suspect that you are, in fact, a pulverizeable f** for, among other things, having a bike. I think that's one of the other reasons I'm not afraid to wear borrow my wife's more comfortable lounging clothes when I run short on laundry. It's not like I got a reputation to uphold or anything, and I'm still pretty light on my feet, for a fat, old guy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:10 pm
I do not like this new mouth thing... I liked my old facial expression and when I logged in today it was gone. I don't care for any of the choices currently available. Argghhhh ~ I'm getting to old for change. stressed  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:25 pm
I haven't been near Dress Up in days, because of all the glitches - and the "open" style mouths I'm seeing people wearing are ugly - they don't even fit properly onto the avatars' faces. Apparently, next time you customise and save your avatar, your eyes may change colour automatically, which I'm not happy about either. You will be able to buy contact lenses in future, if you want your old eye colour back. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:40 pm
The only reason I ended up changing my mouth style was when I logged in, I didn't even have a mouth anymore... what's up with that. And if you go change your eye color etc, then you lose the hairstyle you had to pay for... some of these changes are really starting to irritate me. gonk  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:03 pm
Yes, I don't usually complain about the changes Gaia makes, but these latest ones are messing with your avatar's appearance - and it seems beyond your control. That, I don't like. stare  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:27 pm
Me either. I'm much too mouthy to not have one on my avatar's face. lol But these new ones... where's the "gag me with a pitchfork" emoticon... ?  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:38 am
So, I finally went to Dress Up, after avoiding it all week because of all the glitches, and I now have a new mouth (a choice, of sorts - it was either one of the new ones, or no mouth at all... stare ) and new eyes (no choice - automatic colour change). The mouth is not too bad, although I was happy enough with the old one. My eyes were grey, and are now a sort of chalky blue - they also look a bit "glassy" compared to the old version. As long as I keep my Romani Glasses on, the difference doesn't really show. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:39 am
I'm right with you... I do not like the mouth and eye changes... I think I will spend some time deleting my Avi and see what I can do to make her so I like her again.  

Lil-Jo
Crew

Jendaya

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:00 pm
I finally give myself a mouth the other day, I too preferred my old mouth. I haven't messed with my eyes yet - kind of scared too.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:00 pm
My eyes changed on their own with the new save...

New complaint... Heat and Humidity with no airconditioning...  

Lil-Jo
Crew

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:04 pm
Another one... chasing after my sneaky dog down the road bare footed, getting blisters on the balls of my feet... The other dog climbs the fence because she thinks she wants to help. Coming back for the van to go after the first dog and putting the other one back in the fence...warning her not to get out again. Leaving in the van looking for the first dog again, drive around for a while and come home to find him in the yard waiting for me. The other dog has climbed the fence again and has been rolling in the wet mud of my flower garden. Put the first dog in the house, bring the other one back to the garden hose to wash her off... then she comes in the house wet and leaves her mark everywhere...

gonk  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games