Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Witches Weekly--Updated July 15th, seriously. -- old topic Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dark_reki

Dapper Gaian

2,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:21 pm
Quote:
The Divine

What is your definition of the divine, if you believe in divinity at all? (Do you adhere to a god/goddess, one spirit, many deities, etc)

I believe in the goddess and god as spirit, something more etherial, a powerful energy, as oppossed to some kind of all powerful being/s. I soppose I believe in them in the same way as the Native Americans did/do

Quote:
What do you find most annoying about the Pagan Community?

Individuals who insist that THEIR way is the right way. I've had it where I've speaking to another Pagan about how I do things and they instist it's wrong and I should do it differently.

Quote:
Are there any specific symbols that are sacred to you or that you hold close to you?

My Pentacle it represents who I am and where I stand in this world. I am proud to be a Pagan and have no shame in wearing it openly.

Quote:
Does you spirituality change when seasons change? If show, how does it change for autumn?

I would say it is stronger at Spring Time. It's such an amazing time all this growth and change I cannot see how it cannot effect you in some indepth way.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:07 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

maenad nuri
Captain

Aya Azura

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:03 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:57 pm
"So you're a Pagan. Why?"

Good question. ^^ I discovered Witchcraft and Paganism to be more than just fairy tales and bad movies when I was 16. At the time, I was searching spiritually for something to fill a void I felt that I had. I stumbled onto a site called Spiritonline.com looking for fairy clipart for a project for school and devoured the site's every page. I realized that witchcraft and Paganism are more than just a bunch of magic spells and dreaming about the moon. Its' a lifestyle and a faith. I'm Pagan because I've made a consious choice to BE Pagan, to call myself one and to live in a way according to some of its basic (yet very diverse and ever-changing) characteristics. It's a lifestyle and faith that fit me to a T. Finding this Path was like finding a part of myself I hadn't realized I had lost.

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:39 am
New Question!

Describe your preferred symbol of spirituality (pentacle, celtic cross, triquerta, etc). Explain what it means to you.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:10 am
Nuri
New Question!

Describe your preferred symbol of spirituality (pentacle, celtic cross, triquerta, etc). Explain what it means to you.

User Image

The Zagret Wygiecie Kucherl is a symbol of protection. While I wouldn't say it is a "symbol of spirituality", it is used in my practice as a talisman.  

TeaDidikai

Gideon Starorzewski

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:53 am
Nuri
New Question!

The "chaos star" or simply "chaos symbol" that appears in my signature. It's generally attributed to Michael Moorcock, the fantasy author:

Michael Moorcock
The origin of the Chaos Symbol was me doodling sitting at the kitchen table and wondering what to tell Jim Cawthorn the arms of Chaos looked like. I drew a straightforward geographical quadrant (which often has arrows, too!) – N, S, E, W – and then added another four directions and that was that – eight arrows representing all possibilities, one arrow representing the single, certain road of Law. I have since been told to my face that it is an "ancient symbol of Chaos" and if it is then it confirms a lot of theories about the race mind. … As far as I know the symbol, drawn by Jim Cawthorn, first appeared on an Elric cover of Science Fantasy in 1962, then later appeared in his first comic version of Stormbringer done by Savoy

To me it represents unlimited potential. The freedom to explore and be whatever I need to be.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:37 am
Nuri
New Question!

A sun with eight points a bit like this:
User Image
(mine's prettier) is special to me. It's for happiness, connection to my god and overall me-ness. It suits me.  

Pelta

Starlock

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:16 am

Don't really have a prefered symbol. Used to prefer the pentacle for its representation of the four elements, save it has one too many points for that. whee I end up using a variety of things nowadays. I prefer nature symbols to things more abstract. Like... an icon of Moon, Sun, and Earth and such.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:21 pm
Describe your preferred symbol of spirituality (pentacle, celtic cross, triquerta, etc). Explain what it means to you

About two years ago, I still wore a pentacle. I had a hand made silver one crafted by a guy here in Edmonton. I wore it because for me, it represented balance in all things (balance between the elements). I stopped wearing it when I began to wander a bit. I don't wear it anymore. I still feel that it is an important symbol for me, but it doesn't hold much weight with me anymore.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This is what I would call my personal symbol. I am not sure why. I didn't even realise how much significance it had until recently. For me, it represents the sea - in particular the Ocean. Which I have never seen (unless you count looking out an airplane window, which I don't). The Ocean, and everything about it is totally foreign to me, yet familiar. I feel a pull from the Ocean, and yet I have never seen it. It's spiritual significance, I suppose, is that for me, it represents that journey, that mystery that is still covered in my life. It is just me.. I'm not sure what else I can say.  

VisasMarr

Adiriel

Liberal Voter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:33 pm
Nuri
New Question!

The first pentacle of the sun.
It is my seal.
I think one of my other forms got it from his father.

twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:03 pm
Nuri
Each weekmonthwheneverIremember, I will post the new questions from Witches Weekly here, and I invite you all to answer them.

circle. It represents the cycle of life, the continuity of the universe, and perfection.  

Wood Sorrel

Scathefyre

Everyday Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:46 pm

The chaos star, because of it's meaning and the fact that before I even knew what it was called I was drawing it all over my sketch books and I dubbed it "The insanity symbol" and it was my sign, the way I used it as a magical symbol it represented people's raw energy and chaos, so it kind of woke me up to realize that tons of people out there where using the same sign under a similar name for similar reasons.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:36 pm
This is something my dad crafted for me when he found out my mam was pregnant.
It is yer standard Celtic four pronged knot. It is my personal talisman and has been known to bite people. *grin*  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:50 pm
Nuri
New Question!

Well the NSAC symbol is a sunflower. I personally, do not have one.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff