Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:34 pm
RinoaHeartilly
Hey, I was wondering if there was already a topic where people can post their band jokes, cuz' if not, I wanted to make it. 3nodding I already scanned through all the topics, but I wanted to double check and make sure that I didn't post the same topic twice whee Thanks! biggrin

Aryah posted jokes in all the sectional threads a while back, but we don't have a topic for just jokes, so go ahead. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:39 pm
Durza the Shade
RinoaHeartilly
Hey, I was wondering if there was already a topic where people can post their band jokes, cuz' if not, I wanted to make it. 3nodding I already scanned through all the topics, but I wanted to double check and make sure that I didn't post the same topic twice whee Thanks! biggrin

Aryah posted jokes in all the sectional threads a while back, but we don't have a topic for just jokes, so go ahead. biggrin

Yay! Thanks ^_^ blaugh  

RinoaHeartilly

Polly Piper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:55 am
A suggestion applying to the constant locking of repeat threads:

-People want gold, ..right? One of you could make a sticky saying something about gold as the title to catch the eye's of members. A monthly contest could be held, and whatever members follow all the rules (not including the non-active members) get a certain amount of gold. I'm willing to supply the prize gold if you all decide to try my idea. I've plenty gold.

domokun sorry for posting in the administrator's thread! domokun

X_x -runs off-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:45 am
Hayashi Aki
A suggestion applying to the constant locking of repeat threads:

-People want gold, ..right? One of you could make a sticky saying something about gold as the title to catch the eye's of members. A monthly contest could be held, and whatever members follow all the rules (not including the non-active members) get a certain amount of gold. I'm willing to supply the prize gold if you all decide to try my idea. I've plenty gold.

domokun sorry for posting in the administrator's thread! domokun

X_x -runs off-

It is a good idea, but here is the problem with it:

One- people don't read the stickies, obviously they don't read it because well breaking the rules is part of it and not do they not read the sticky but also the front page to the guild when they first joined and I can tell by their request. Probally 2 out of 15 read it because on the front because in there it says "Please in your request state that you understand this rule." I was thinking about making in mandatory . . . but then I would be declining 98% of our requests. sweatdrop And I'm not a mean person like that. sweatdrop sweatdrop

Two- It's too easy to break and get around. That involves a lot of modding. We don't have the mod power to do that. Right now that are only two to three mods around here (including myself). At least I don't have the time to sit around and browse every thread and take note of every active member lately. I mean sure, it could be easier but hmm- how would it be?

Three- There are too many members. I've been running this guild for at least half a year almost to a year. (It might be a year . . . ) There are only a few true active members and then the rest of the people might come in waves. They'll be with the guild for you know a short while and then you'll never see them again for months and then they'll pop up again. And we constantly have the ever posting new members which the one thread they break the rules on might be their first and only post to the guild. So in truth the only people worthy of getting gold for the guild would be the active members that stick with the guild, because if you just do the people that are active and not breaking the rules . . . well that doesn't mean they'll stay active for a good time.

But anyways I love that members like are you are reading this sticky and seeing the problems of the guild and trying to help. It was a good sugestion and it might still work out if we can fix all the little holes in there.

In other news I plan on starting another guild unity/get to know each other thread. It's going to based of the game I Never. Where you post something you've never done and then you browse through and see if someone posting something you've actually done and you reply to it saying you have done it. 3nodding And it doesn't have to be all muscially related. 3nodding

Oh yeah for the Halloween Event should we have our own thread for the guild members?  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

Ascend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:14 pm
I was thinking.

Maybe we should set up our threads (or at least the newer ones) as you would a General Discussion one. I'm no GDer, but from what I've seen there, they post a thought or opinion and then a "discussion" topic or question. Most of our topics are obviously about one subject (ie. Low Brass, Trumpets, Six Flags Competition) but if you had a random thing you wanted to discuss, I think that would be a good format. 3nodding Quite a few new threads are like that; just random.

...Then again, how would we promote that? gonk No one reads stickies. ;__;  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:58 pm
Einstein Ami
I was thinking.

Maybe we should set up our threads (or at least the newer ones) as you would a General Discussion one. I'm no GDer, but from what I've seen there, they post a thought or opinion and then a "discussion" topic or question. Most of our topics are obviously about one subject (ie. Low Brass, Trumpets, Six Flags Competition) but if you had a random thing you wanted to discuss, I think that would be a good format. 3nodding Quite a few new threads are like that; just random.

just make it? sweatdrop
though i'm afriad
it might become more like the chatterbox
it would have to be really modded  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:34 pm
I leave tomorrow morning for BOA Grand Nationals in Indianapolis, and will return Sunday. Kings High School performs at 12:00 noon tomorrow, Thursday. Wish us luck!

And now I need to go to bed . . . we have to be at our departure point at 4:45 AM tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:13 pm
Good luck, Durza! domokun

Masquanade
Einstein Ami
I was thinking.

just make it? sweatdrop
though i'm afriad

I have another suggestion: an Exchange thread where members can promote their quests or shops. Emphasis on promote; it would be for posting a link to your quest or shop, not for begging.  

Wildervast

Space Werewolf

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:47 am
Silver Gryphon

Masquanade
Einstein Ami
I was thinking.

just make it? sweatdrop
though i'm afriad

I have another suggestion: an Exchange thread where members can promote their quests or shops. Emphasis on promote; it would be for posting a link to your quest or shop, not for begging.

hmmmm
yeah i guess so
i also want to do an art thread

So possible Thread Suggestions:
Discussion Thread
Promotion Thread
Art Thread  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:26 am
Masquanade
Silver Gryphon

Masquanade
Einstein Ami
I was thinking.

just make it? sweatdrop
though i'm afriad

hmmmm
yeah i guess so

Discussion Thread
Promotion Thread
Art Thread
I'm not sure If I can post here, but maybe you could have a music composition thread, where one can share their work writing music?  

Rahmoon

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:02 am
Rahmoon
Masquanade
Silver Gryphon

Masquanade
Einstein Ami
I was thinking.

just make it? sweatdrop
though i'm afriad

hmmmm
yeah i guess so

Discussion Thread
Promotion Thread
Art Thread
I'm not sure If I can post here, but maybe you could have a music composition thread, where one can share their work writing music?

hmm yes
i believe we don't already have a thread like that
but i'll check through the forum to see  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:08 am
Before I have to run off to school I would like to ask
Should I clean up the forum? I mean going back and deleting some of the really old threads that haven't been updated in quite some time. Now I'm not talking about all the old threads, but someone of them to cut down on the forum-ness.

Also one of the members and I had a serious problem. NOt really serious, it's actually quite funny. She was complaining about how there was an error on the OLD member list. How I didn't have concert and marching french horn listed. And I told her I had mellophone and french horn up for that. Than she proceeds to tell me what they look like and once again I inform her I know what they look like. Anyways after a few miscomunications I get to this: there is a marching french horn, a concert french horn, AND a mellaphone. Now i've never heard of a marching french horn and I proceed to tell her that and that it was the old memberlist which is no longer updated. Plus none of the other members complained and none of the members listed that as their instruments therefore why do I need to change it?

As my band member would call it. She was an extremists. sweatdrop  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

Wildervast

Space Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:26 pm
Masquanade
Before I have to run off to school I would like to ask
Should I clean up the forum? I mean going back and deleting some of the really old threads that haven't been updated in quite some time. Now I'm not talking about all the old threads, but someone of them to cut down on the forum-ness.

Also one of the members and I had a serious problem. NOt really serious, it's actually quite funny. She was complaining about how there was an error on the OLD member list. How I didn't have concert and marching french horn listed. And I told her I had mellophone and french horn up for that. Than she proceeds to tell me what they look like and once again I inform her I know what they look like. Anyways after a few miscomunications I get to this: there is a marching french horn, a concert french horn, AND a mellaphone. Now i've never heard of a marching french horn and I proceed to tell her that and that it was the old memberlist which is no longer updated. Plus none of the other members complained and none of the members listed that as their instruments therefore why do I need to change it?

As my band member would call it. She was an extremists. sweatdrop

I thought a mellophone WAS a marching horn. o_O  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:01 pm
Masq, should I decline all people that don't include "I won't make repeat topics" in their join request? There was quite a few, and I was declining most.  

Ascend

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:25 pm
No you don't decline them. I said please post. It's not required. sweatdrop I'm just seeing how many people actaully read the front of the page and how many don't. Some do, some don't.

But yes there is a MARCHING french horn and a CONCERT french horn AND a mellaphone. The magicalness of it all.  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games