Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Recommended Reading List Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nines19

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:44 pm
iSpikeDog
rmcdra
Nines19
City Dreamer
They're more science related than pagan, but still going against Christianity and Catholicism.

...is this seen as a good thing?

I second that and would also like to point out that Catholicism is a branch of Christianity, not a separate religion. Also I would like to know how exactly does Brown's books go against Christianity?

actually they meant only the catholics..

Can you prove that City Dreamer only meant Catholics, when s/he actually mentioned "Christianity and Catholicism" specifically?

iSpikeDog
if you wanna get technical the catholics burned our ancestors and much more...

Whose ancestors? And can you please provide some citations on this? And can you please show that they did so because they were Catholics and thus must have been religiously motivated; in other words, that them being Catholics had anything to do with their actions?

iSpikeDog
they even killed off the Knights Templar...

Can you show us some citations on this?

iSpikeDog
which was actually the purest christian movement ever...

Can you show us this as well?

iSpikeDog
all my christian family has accused me of either a) being a devil worshipper b) turning my back on "God" c)being rebellious.... they have no idea what i seek....

Can you show us how your family is representative of all Christians, including myself and rmcdra and Gho and the other Christians in this guild?

iSpikeDog
most christianity has done some bade things...

Can you show us some proof of this?

iSpikeDog
there are extremists though i've never seen a pagan or wiccan go out killing in the name of our religion..

And I have never seen a Christian kill anyone in the name of Christianity. Does that invalidate your argument?

iSpikeDog
because it's against our code and law..

What code and law? Whose? Is it universal to all pagans? How and why?
How is killing people not against the Christian Law of Agape?

iSpikeDog
against our redes..

Which redes? What do they state? Do they hold true for all? Are they to be taken as law, or as advice? How do they compare to the Christian Law of Agape?

iSpikeDog
stand strong brothers and sisters...

Who are you calling "brothers and sisters"? Why should they "stand strong"? What does "standing strong" consist of?

iSpikeDog
brightest blessings )O(

Blessings of whom? For whom?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:42 am
if i'd known i was going to get shot down by people like you guys for all this... all of revealing myself as a person who can see and sense things... who in fact has been targeted PERSONALLY by a demon!! people like me are hunted. and all i get in return is hate. i try to help you and you people only shun me. you are the ones who don't have the properly opened mind. have your mind open to new ideas but do not let yourself be led. that is a fools way to salvation. doing the right thing of your own mind, body, heart, and soul are where your salvation and blessings from the Goddess originate. she sees your good deeds and writes them down in stone. also don't do anything harmful things to others like insulting them like you've done me. whatever good and bad you send forth will come back to you three fold.

as for the rede you wish to know here it is. short version:

Bide the Wiccan law ye must,
In perfect love and perfect trust,
Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill,
And harm you none, Do what ye will

What ye send forth comes back to the,
So ever mind the rule of three,
Follow this with mind and heart,
Merry ye meet, Merry ye part, And merry ye meet again  

iSpikeDog

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:56 am
iSpikeDog
if i'd known i was going to get shot down by people like you guys for all this... all of revealing myself as a person who can see and sense things... who in fact has been targeted PERSONALLY by a demon!!

Why is it that demons always seem to be "haunting" the annoying people?
Good on them, I say.
Quote:
and all i get in return is hate.

It will be very helpful in the long run if you learn the difference between critical questioning and hate. I can tell you, they aren't even close.
Quote:
i try to help you and you people only shun me.

Perhaps because what you're saying doesn't make sense and/or is inconsistent with reality?
Quote:
you are the ones who don't have the properly opened mind. have your mind open to new ideas but do not let yourself be led. that is a fools way to salvation.

I speak for myself, but my mind *is* properly open to new ideas. It's not my fault your new ideas trip my bullshit meter too far biggrin
Quote:
doing the right thing of your own mind, body, heart, and soul are where your salvation and blessings from the Goddess originate. she sees your good deeds and writes them down in stone.

Wow, a goddess that offers salvation? And records deeds in stone? Which goddess would this be, and if she is not one of the goddesses I give honor to, why should I care?
Quote:
also don't do anything harmful things to others like insulting them like you've done me. whatever good and bad you send forth will come back to you three fold.

Doubtful.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:57 am
what are your thoughts on ellen dugan? i find that her books are very beginner-esque and a bit fluffy (i tend to think that llewellyn may have something to do with that to sell books, no proof though), but i do enjoy her writing style and i like that she gives her personal experiences. her book cottage witchery is what inspired me to a) keep a journal and b) start a garden, but like with any book from llewellyn, i take much of her text with a grain of salt.  

whiporwill-o

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:34 am
iSpikeDog
doing the right thing of your own mind, body, heart, and soul are where your salvation and blessings from the Goddess originate. she sees your good deeds and writes them down in stone.

Which goddess?

Quote:
also don't do anything harmful things to others like insulting them like you've done me. whatever good and bad you send forth will come back to you three fold.

Bullshit. I've been actively rewarded for doing damaging things in the past.

Edit: If everything we did came back three-fold, I would have been cooked and eaten by countless giant chickens by now. stare

Quote:

That's not the Wiccan Rede, the Wiccan Rede is simply "an it harm none, do what ye wilt."

A couple of notes about this, its phrasing isn't a prohibition against causing harm, merely a complete allowance for any action that doesn't cause harm. Secondly, it's a rede it is advice.

And for the record, you were "shot down" because you presented things as fact without any form of way to back them up, and wouldn't even honestly answer a challenge on this.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:40 am
iSpikeDog
if i'd known i was going to get shot down by people like you guys for all this... all of revealing myself as a person who can see and sense things... who in fact has been targeted PERSONALLY by a demon!!

Why would a demon be interested in you? Seriously, are you so arrogant that you claim the cosmological forces of evil are aware of you?

iSpikeDog
people like me are hunted.

Sure y'are.

iSpikeDog

Entropy > your bastardised interpretation of the TFR

iSpikeDog

Firstly, it's "An'" not "And".
Secondly: "If it's a banana, then it's a fruit" Does this mean that the only fruit are bananas? don't be absurd. The Wiccan rede does not prohibit harm and if you read it that way, you're wrong. It's not about interpretation, it's about understanding the words. They're quite simple.
Thirdly: The Wiccan Rede is advice not Law.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:46 am
Follow up question:
How is it that you can deal with the cosmological forces of evil attacking you but some people on the internet not being nice to you bothers you?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:12 am
CuAnnan
Follow up question:
How is it that you can deal with the cosmological forces of evil attacking you but some people on the internet not being nice to you bothers you

idk... i get scared sometimes here but i can defend myself.. over the internet people will always be doubtful even with eyewitness accounts because they simply do not wish to believe it. listen i have to say something will change in the near future... of course the mayan calendar is bull... but seriously... there will be a shift in the balance between light and dark... also... i want you guys to know this. the goddess i worship is actually the embodiment of all goddesses. she goes by many names. diana, gaia, terra, isis, aphrodite, hecatate, maiden, mother, crone... many names but all are embodiment of the goddes.. in case you haven't noticed... though i am a guy i am a dianic wiccan :3
oh and the "an harm ye none, do what ye will" comment proves you haven't even gotten to the coming of age yet. it's a ritual initiation into wicca. also i haven't done it yet because the full rede is much longer... for the full rede read this http://www.wicca.com/celtic/wicca/rede.htm
copy that link into your url and go there.. read and learn ok? i am inexperienced in my progression but at least i make an effort to learn.  

iSpikeDog

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:32 am
iSpikeDog

idk... i get scared sometimes here but i can defend myself.. over the internet people will always be doubtful even with eyewitness accounts because they simply do not wish to believe it. listen i have to say something will change in the near future... of course the mayan calendar is bull... but seriously... there will be a shift in the balance between light and dark... also... i want you guys to know this. the goddess i worship is actually the embodiment of all goddesses. she goes by many names. diana, gaia, terra, isis, aphrodite, hecatate, maiden, mother, crone... many names but all are embodiment of the goddes.. in case you haven't noticed... though i am a guy i am a dianic wiccan :3
oh and the "an harm ye none, do what ye will" comment proves you haven't even gotten to the coming of age yet. it's a ritual initiation into wicca. also i haven't done it yet because the full rede is much longer... for the full rede read this http://www.wicca.com/celtic/wicca/rede.htm
copy that link into your url and go there.. read and learn ok? i am inexperienced in my progression but at least i make an effort to learn.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:14 am
iSpikeDog
the goddess i worship is actually the embodiment of all goddesses. she goes by many names. diana, gaia, terra, isis, aphrodite, hecatate, maiden, mother, crone... many names but all are embodiment of the goddes..

Ah, soft polytheism.
It doesn't wash with me, but if it works for you, more power to ya. However, I think it would help you to actually READ the myths of all of these goddesses (and then some). I don't think this doling out of salvation and/or recording of good deeds is something all goddesses do. I certainly don't see Frigg or Freyja dealing in salvation or fussing over my good deeds to write them in stone.
Quote:
in case you haven't noticed... though i am a guy i am a dianic wiccan :3

Dianic Wicca doesn't exist. Most Dianics have dropped the term "Wicca" as they realize their faith has broken from the orthopraxy of Wicca and there is emphasis on the goddess-figure rather than a focus on the polarity between the goddess-figure and god-figure.

Quote:
it's a ritual initiation into wicca.

I'm rather confused as to what the Rede has to do with initiation into Wicca.
Quote:
for the full rede read this http://www.wicca.com/celtic/wicca/rede.htm

Ugh. I hate that site. So much misinformation.
You'd be better off lurking around Amber & Jet and having a good crawl through their archives.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:04 am
whiporwill-o
what are your thoughts on ellen dugan?
Don't really mind her myself.

Quote:

i find that her books are very beginner-esque and a bit fluffy (i tend to think that llewellyn may have something to do with that to sell books, no proof though),
What parts are fluffy?

Quote:
but i do enjoy her writing style and i like that she gives her personal experiences. her book cottage witchery is what inspired me to a) keep a journal and b) start a garden, but like with any book from llewellyn, i take much of her text with a grain of salt.
I pretty much place her as a transition between Cunningham and Galenorn myself.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:56 am
iSpikeDog
CuAnnan
Follow up question:
How is it that you can deal with the cosmological forces of evil attacking you but some people on the internet not being nice to you bothers you

Look, no one here hates you, or is trying to persecute you. We do, however, question your sources of information and the conclusion you've drawn from that information.

Telling us you "know" things doesn't do us any good. I know things, as well, but I know that they might not apply to everyone, they might not be real, or they might not make sense.

Also, doomsday prophesies and mass awakenings, and blue-shifts and stuff have been thrown around forever, with people being absolutely positive it was going to happen "soon." Everyone has dreamt of the end of the world, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen within their lifetimes.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:13 am
iSpikeDog
idk... i get scared sometimes here but i can defend myself.. over the internet people will always be doubtful even with eyewitness accounts because they simply do not wish to believe it.

No, you're wrong.
We don't accept "eyewitness accounts" because they come from children or teenagers who
have shown little to no scholastic bent,
can't really classify what it is about their experiences which makes them demonic attacks, as opposed to pleas for attentions, delusions or mental ilness, etc
or are making claims so outrageous that they defy rational belief

iSpikeDog
listen i have to say something will change in the near future... of course the mayan calendar is bull... but seriously... there will be a shift in the balance between light and dark...

There is no balance between light and dark. Light and dark are in a constant state of flux caused by the rotation of the earth.
However, you are using light and dark as synonyms for good and evil. This is offensive to many of us.
A) Many of us don't believe in an objective force for good or evil
B) We don't buy into your personal delusions of prophecy
C) We get people just like you, with the chosen one complex and the battling forces of evil/demons/dustbunnies every three months or so.

iSpikeDog
the goddess i worship is actually the embodiment of all goddesses.

No, my Goddesses are not just aspects of some other being. They are entities in their own rights.

iSpikeDog
oh and the "an harm ye none, do what ye will" comment proves you haven't even gotten to the coming of age yet.

No. It proves that I have studied Wicca in a more indepth manner than you have.

iSpikeDog
it's a ritual initiation into wicca.

Actually, I have twice done the neccessary preparation and study for first degree initiation, under two seperate lineaged covens. In both cases, I was asked to read the ritual neccessary for initiation. Do you know what I found, both times, reading said Rite?
The Wiccan Rede doesn't figure in it. Anywhere.

iSpikeDog
also i haven't done it yet because the full rede is much longer... for the full rede read this http://www.wicca.com/celtic/wicca/rede.htm

Your link doesn't address the fact that "rede" is a synonym for "advice" and that the text, even according to your terrible terrible cite, is
"An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will" and not "And ye harm none".
Now, returning to my earlier point, which you have yet to acknowledge, "an" is an old way of saying "if".
Making my analogue of "If it's a banana, it's a fruit" more poignant than you realise.
THE. WICCAN. REDE. DOES. NOT. PROSCRIBE. HARM.

iSpikeDog
copy that link into your url and go there.. read and learn ok?

No.
I am not a Wiccan.
I have no intentions, at present, of becoming a Wiccan.
Why would I learn a piece of terrible doggerel that is not part of the teachings of Wicca?

iSpikeDog
i am inexperienced in my progression but at least i make an effort to learn.

You are not making an effort to learn.
You are, in fact, making a distinct effort not to learn.
I have just presented you with several facts and you are choosing to ignore them.
Round here, we call that fluffy.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:21 pm
iSpikeDog
if i'd known i was going to get shot down by people like you guys for all this... all of revealing myself as a person who can see and sense things... who in fact has been targeted PERSONALLY by a demon!! people like me are hunted. and all i get in return is hate. i try to help you and you people only shun me. you are the ones who don't have the properly opened mind. have your mind open to new ideas but do not let yourself be led. that is a fools way to salvation. doing the right thing of your own mind, body, heart, and soul are where your salvation and blessings from the Goddess originate. she sees your good deeds and writes them down in stone. also don't do anything harmful things to others like insulting them like you've done me. whatever good and bad you send forth will come back to you three fold.

How does this apply to all people? It is the Wiccan Rede; how does it apply to non-Wiccans?
Will you please answer my other questions and challenges?  

Nines19

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:03 pm
CuAnnan
iSpikeDog
idk... i get scared sometimes here but i can defend myself.. over the internet people will always be doubtful even with eyewitness accounts because they simply do not wish to believe it.

No, you're wrong.
We don't accept "eyewitness accounts" because they come from children or teenagers who
have shown little to no scholastic bent,

Them being children and teenagers is a reason for not believing them? You'll accept eye-witness testimony from an adult with little to no scholastic bent.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff