Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
[DANCE HALL] MAIN DANCE THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KimCare

Swashbuckling Bookworm

29,325 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wry Dealer 500
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:52 am
Elizabeth (Eliza) the Friendly Ghost
Eliza snapped from the enchantment fast enough to - hopefully make contact with Doyle and Eros.
If she was still alive she would have tried to grab their shirts but in her current state may have felt like an unnatural gust of cold air.
"Now wait a minute -"
Pausing to compose herself and maybe likewise catch the attention of the zombie fiend, the normally docile spirt continued.
"I know I'm not much. But tonight I took a chance and made three friends. Even my humble flower gifts were received. And yet the night isn't over yet. WE. are not over yet. Are we...?"
It was a simple speech.
But to say so much without stuttering.
Eliza felt herself flicker.
But if they could somehow stay united despite this crazy feelings....
It would all be worth it, if they could still stay friends.
She was only a little ghost.
But hopefully could still a positive spirit...?

Green Minuet

KitsuneAura

Micillia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:41 pm
Mingling was hard work, and Kane just...wasn't really down with any of it. The lack of any kind of expression on his face indicated just as much, but because he had agreed to do the mix and match thing and had been given not one, but two, dates...well, he was there and dressed rather nicely. He was making his way through a small cluster of creeple when someone--a ghoul in a pretty black dress--introduced herself as Maple. That was one of his dates, apparently, so he kind of slid into the small crowd and made his way over to her.

"Hi, are you..." he began to say when she started to kind of smile. Slowly. And he got a little confused but continued anyway. "Uh...Maple, you said? I'm Kane. I think we're...um, yeah. From the mix and match thing."

xchirigami
Found 'er!

OOC
User Image
                Name: Kane O.
                Journal: click

Species: Monster (Skinwalker)
                Year: One
                Outfit: (working on it...)

Description: He looks like an average high school kid--a little lanky and with messy hair. He usually has a very small camera on him and a little notebook for taking notes, and is otherwise a very, very quiet kid. He'll sometimes say something if he feels like he has something to add to a conversation, but otherwise...good luck.

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:14 pm
Dancing, to a satyr, was like breathing. Even better was the fact that it was at that mid-point in the entire affair where the eager goblins had left the floor and the too-cool-to-be-here types were still hanging around the walls. There was enough room for the two lovely ladies to roll their hips and create a kind of maelstrom of pure deliciousness.

"I wanted to be here!" Her voice was quiet beneath the thrum of the music, very personal, just for them. "You know you can hold that debt over my head whenever you want your way, Merry." And it was implied rather clearly that Mia was all too happy to let the chimera have whatever she wanted from the satyr.

Rising up on the very tips over her hooves she brushed lips over her partner's cheek. "I tried to make sure I was at least as pretty as you. And you don't want to stay in this crowd all night...right?" Prom was fun and all but being alone with someone was twice as much fun.

beejoux

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:46 pm
"Wow..." When the sea monster finally said something he almost laughed. "Did you not hear a single thing I said? You must not get out much."

How could she still be so focused on movement and that instinct if she was around other monsters all the time? She'd never get anything done.

Ceiliog tucked his wings back up against him and shook his head. "You really should work on that whole 'must predate thing'. You'll miss a lot of what's going on if you get distracted that easily you know."

Enoh Love

Grymoire

Dapper Lunatic

Azure Desiderium generated a random number between 1 and 8 ... 1!

Azure Desiderium

Eloquent Lunatic

10,725 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:07 pm
Kalden considered the other for a rather long second, and it took him a few moments to assess something that should likely have been obvious, considering the state of those with access to the punch bowl.

The beverage, traditional in most shindigs of this sort, had been spiked. Royally.
It was too late for the lion boil, of course, as he'd already had a sip of his, which had his skin flushing a rosy hue, and his ears twitching against his (luckily contained) mane. "Ah....Hymn, well..." He had to take a brief interlude to assess his own mental state, and finding it satisfactory, he plowed right on.
"I wasn't necessarily certain you'd turn up." He slung an arm around the Gryfon (careful of those wings), and grinned widely, "But I'm glad you did."

All right, important note to himself...his companion was definitely experiencing certain effects of what he'd drank already, but clearly they weren't the same of everyone. Which meant...Jack-dammit all, he was in charge of making certain that his friend didn't do anything idiotic whilst under the influence. He could only imagine the aftermath that would be Hymn if his sudden nonchalance resulted in anything that went against his usual state of mind.

So he went a safer route. "But since you're here..." Withdrawing, he gave a jaunty half-bow, his arm folding over his waist. "Would you like to dance?" Yes, that was a much safer route than potentially having his intoxicated friend wander off. "I have not danced in quite some time."

Also it might stir something of a breeze and cool him down, since stripping off ANYTHING in front of Hymn was absolutely not an option.

Kanth

Quote:
1. Hot head - Did it get a little hot in here, or is it just you? It feels like the room's temperature has gone up about ten degrees, and if you can flush, your skin takes on rosy(or species appropriate) hue.

Quote:
Kalden is a quest student. A 6'3" boil with blue eyes, black sclera,
long silver hair tipped in teal, and a lion's ears and tail.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:35 pm
The boil wasn't sure if he should stand in the corner and watch the students or actual go out and mingle and possibly make an entire fool of himself in front of everyone. Not to say that making a fool of himself was the game plan just Vale knew he had the tendency to go overboard a little sometimes, as if the scar running across his nose wasn't proof enough of that already. His parents had mentioned sending him to Amity, something along the lines of trying to fix his behavior and teach him some sort of skills in responsibility but so far everything just sort of seemed as if it was just fun. Sure sure the thought of having to attend classes would be tedious but there were a lot of students, there was gym, and there was potential in getting caught up in something seemingly dangerous or playing some horrible prank on a classmate. There were things to do, possible trouble to find, and maybe someone worth fighting than one of his four brothers.

Tucking his hands into his pocket, Vale started to rock back and forth on his feet taking a moment to look around the room. Spotting a ghoul with a similar visting pin as him he glided towards her trying to put on his best impression of behaving. “Hey you need a dance partner?” He at least have her a wife pleasant grin before pointing at his own visitor pin so she at least didn't feel entirely alone.

Thalea

baby_gwing

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:59 pm
"I can't really dance, Kalden." Hymn admitted, sighing as he glanced at the crowd once more then turned to his friend. "Besides. Don't you want to dance with someone who's far prettier than me? Like that lady over there." He pointed to someone random, then lowered his arm with a sigh.

"... never mind. Looks like they're dancing with someone else." He took a few steps back and then plastered himself against the wall again, smiling... but no longer hunching.

It seemed that the gryfon was perfectly happy where he was at.

Ears flicking back and forth in a slightly interested fashion, Hymn lifted a leg and pressed the ball of his foot against the wall, tail dancing to the beat of the song that was currently playing... but it was clear that he had no interest in dancing whatsoever. He was more inclined to just listen and do his own thing rather than be the center of attention... even if he didn't have the pit of anxiety knotting at the center of his stomach like it usually did.

"Sorry, Kalden. It's... just not my thing. Really." Hymn offered a smile at his friend, ears perking forward to show that he didn't really mean any harm by it -- he didn't really want to let down his friend, but he just had no interest in this particular thing.

"Ah-- if you want... we can try playing a few games? Perhaps there are some prizes we can win..."

Of course, that had been Hymn's first concern -- the games...

Quote:
Hymn is a white gryfon with lots of fur, having grown up in the cold -- he is very sheltered and shy, so anything new or unknown makes him break down and unable to cope.

In short, Hymn is a crybaby.

Azure Desiderium

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:32 pm
Despite the ill effects of the contents of the cup in her hand, Maple still found herself taking sips every now and then of the liquid. Perhaps more to stop herself from verbally expressing how it was making her feel, as the others couldn't stop themselves from what had happened with them. Still, the smile wasn't going away from her lips and it had even spread to something that seemed genuine.

In an instant her attention fell to the boil who had found his way over and began to nervously introduce himself. "O-oh!" Still she seemed to stutter, "y-yes, I'm Maple!" Oh Hecate, she sounded so cheerful, part of her was just so worried about this. This is what she had been avoiding and the portion of her effected by the drink was wondering why, because this was a great moment! One of her dates had found her! "I'm s-so g-glad we f-finally g-get to m-meet."

_ p a o cx
inner Maple is crying... when the effects wear off its going to be bad xD

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:53 pm
Visne The Zombie

Visne listened to the ghost's speech with her mouth agape. A drip of mucus formed on her chin as her eyes welled up with emotion from the girl's speech. "Vwhat-" The zombie started, still speaking gibberish yet completely unaware of it herself, "The entire world! was the sweetest thing in the sweetest thing in." She hiccuped once, her emotions getting the best of her. She wiped the drool from her mouth onto her wrist, and then grasped Eliza's hands in her own, or tried to. "OLEST! ill be you tonight! Your just the world forever and ever and ever! Eliza im so glad i met you tonight!" The girl hiccuped again, this time unsure if it was the drink of her emotions.

"Lets be best friends FOREVER!!" The zombie said, loosing another tooth as she said the words with passion. She made a friend! She was doing it! She was being a student at school! The zombie oozed a little more mucus before hiccuping again and pulling away. She should have spent a minute looking for the lost tooth, but she was just so full of happiness and emotion and all of that stuff. The zombie turned to the other two, mucus tears still in her eyes. "Lets start this school year off being the BEST OF FRIENDS! All THREE of us!!" Visne looked around again, making sure her numbers were correct. Yep! She counted three people in front of her, Eliza, Doyle, and Elizabeth the kelpie!

KimCare

KitsuneAura

Green Minuet
Ever do that thing where you count all the people you see... forgetting to count yourself... well Visne lives that, every day.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:00 pm
Her smile kept on getting more smile-y, which helped him feel a little less anxious about this whole thing, even if she was still kind of stuttering through her own introduction. The boil nodded kind of dumbly in agreement and awkwardly extended his hand. He wasn't even sure he was supposed to do that, so it was back and forth with the handshake gesture for a second before he decided that no, he could save any kind of physical contact for another time. Or maybe never. Who knows.

"Um, yeah, definitely. Did you happen to find the our other date?" Kane wriggled a finger around, pointing at those in the small crowd around them, those that she'd likely been mingling with before he showed up.

chirigami
Poor, sweet girl. lol

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:06 pm
Considering that he'd never really been to a party or anything before, the sphinx had been exploring since he'd set foot onto campus. At least, places that he thought he could get away with. It wasn't exactly as fun to make discoveries alone though, and so he'd finally paid mind to where the Corrividus seemed to be trying to lead him. The Prom was the entire reason he was around, but it wasn't like he'd had a date lined up or anything. Zander was expecting a bit of casual conversation, food and games. Especially games. He just hadn't checked those out yet.

Presently helping himself to some of the provided snacks, it took a moment to realize that someone was talking to him. "Hm? I'm here for the dance, same as you." Assuming that was what the phoenix was there for. "I'm pretty sure I'll be avoiding the literal dancing part, though. I didn't come with a date, so I guess that isn't a big deal. The food is alright. There's games too, I heard. Did you bring anyone?" Zander peered at him and didn't see anyone nearby... Except the gnomes at the punch bowl. He furrowed his brows at them. That was probably something he should avoid. Those guys were wasted. "I'm pretty sure there's something in the punch..."

Fyrion probably didn't consider that such a small question would make someone so talkative. The phoenix was the first person to approach the sphinx and it was like he had to make up for all of the conversation he hadn't had the chance to engage in.

OOC
Those Present:
  • Deacon is (still) a Y2 student. Well dressed. Think noble. Golds and reds. He certainly has the arrogance of Someone Important, even though he isn't.
  • Zander is a quest student. He's running around in simple peasant's garb, colored in earthy tones.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:17 am
Idiots and morons. Those were the exact words that Yvette would use to describe her neighbours who occupied the rooms at the other end of the corridor when the fight that they got into over Jack only knew what, resulted in everyone's temporary expulsion from the demon dorm while the school authorities got someone in to clean up the mess.

Storming into the gymnasium in an outfit that she had hastily put together based on what she had managed to grab from her wardrobe, Yvette proceeded to stuff her face with the food from the refreshment table as she continued to fume quietly to herself over the fact that she was being forced to come to the prom over something as silly as that. There is no cure for stupidity. Hmph!

Deciding that she was done with all the negativity plus she might as well make the most out of her time while she was here at the prom, she swept her gaze across the room. Quite a couple of visiting students abound it seemed. Spotting a dragon boil who was dressed in a somewhat ridiculous outfit complete with a skirt-like overlay, she laughed to herself and headed over.

"The both of you... aren't enrolled with us are you? How are you finding things so far? Is there anything that I can help you with?"

hanging gallow

Thalea

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:14 am
Efreet had signed up for the mix'n'match thingy for the dance because he figured it was the best way for him to get a date for the too-fancy shindig. It took a lot of pressure off of him after all, cause it meant that he didn't have to try and find someone to like him enough to go with him. He was a friendly sort of guy but he didn't exactly have any tight bonds with the rest of the halloweenies at school.

He'd done his best to 'suit up' while being mindful of the fact that he really couldn't wear anything. That was the true downside of being flammable BUT he had done his best to fasten a tux-looking design on his magmaed body, most of him solid to touch that hopefully wouldn't burn the lady nice ol' Merry had set him up with.

He didn't even register that the gal's name was familiar to him, probably because he was blocking most of those events outta his mind, and he made his way towards where he was supposed to meet his date.

"Yo~" He called when he approached a nice dragon-looking gal that fit what he knew of his soon-to-be date. "T-Tanita ya?"

aria starstone
sorry about the wait!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:19 am
The witch took his hand, shaking it more enthusiastically than she normally would have under normal circumstances. It was bordering on bizarre and that part of Maple was really not liking this despite the smile gracing her face.

"I h-haven't," she replied in earnest as her gaze began to wander just slightly as if suddenly daydreaming. She sighed, "I've b-been h-here," avoiding everything and everyone. Thankfully that seemed naturally pleasant without the side effects of the drink, "Th-the walls are s-so n-nice and c-comforting."

_ p a o cx

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:03 am
Hitsuzen

Fyrion really hadn't been expecting so much speaking, but in a weird way it was a relief. He was glad someone was speaking to him, and it was better than posing on the throne as he had been. "Nah no date, not that there are not a lot of nice prospects here, but it is more like I wasn't really expecting a flyer for dance to come to me."

He shrugged a little and adjusted his wings down his back and tossed his long tail of a braid over his shoulder. "Still as you said there is a kind of nice atmosphere here."

When it was mentioned there was something in the punch Fyrion laughed a bit. "Well seems someone wanted to lighten things up, but the good thing is, I am far from interested in drinking that stuff. I do not like the idea of drinking things that are tainted."

He took a deep breath and looked around. "So you are not already a student here? I think I will be enrolling quite soon. I have seen worse schools." Generally the Phoenix wasn't chatty either, more flirty but it was nice to actually talk to someone after a night of just posing on the throne.  
{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games