Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Daring Investigator 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:41 pm
Okay. I've got a question.

I'm going to start collecting the Pokemon (Ninetales, Arcanine, Flareon) for a second character I'll be making in the future. Would it be alright if I put the Ninetales I just claimed in the Pokemon Daycare to spend time there so she can level up before the character is actually made?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:47 pm
Jewel of Antares
Okay. I've got a question.

I'm going to start collecting the Pokemon (Ninetales, Arcanine, Flareon) for a second character I'll be making in the future. Would it be alright if I put the Ninetales I just claimed in the Pokemon Daycare to spend time there so she can level up before the character is actually made?

The way we currently have it set up is that you need to post the character in the lab, at least, before you start posting a pokemon of theirs in the Daycare. However, once you've posted them you can begin posting the pokemon to level up : )  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:50 pm
Loonamist
The way we currently have it set up is that you need to post the character in the lab, at least, before you start posting a pokemon of theirs in the Daycare. However, once you've posted them you can begin posting the pokemon to level up : )

God damn it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:45 pm
SpectralEternity
I can't remember what the ruling we made was on trying to catch a fainted pokemon when it escapes the first pokeball gonk Yukie had 90% chance and flopped stare

The boss is going to beat him up if he keeps screwing up like this lol gonk

Edit Nvm sweatdrop sorry for that  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:52 pm
Please excuse me as i rage silently over rolling a 10 twice. Any other number and iv have caught the little f%$er but noooooo stare Rage rage RAGE scream  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:02 am
Loonamist

I didn't understand where your calculations came from at all....Where did the extra 2 damage points come from?

Also, your post has a cool in the middle of it. Just sayin'.

Also, also, I don't see how typing out the calculations are that big a deal. She did 70 damage to him, and if people read along, they'll know that's because Geodude used Defense Curl, which removes 10 damage points. I also don't enjoy typing on this infernal thing, so less typing is better for both my patience and my tablet's lifespan. sweatdrop I can also do the math in my head, so I would never remember to type it all out anyway.  

That Taisho Guy

Daring Guildsman

6,875 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Married 100

KiIala

Nine-tailed Cat

12,440 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:05 am
Do you have to roll dice to figure out if you can dodge during a battle? Im so confused at battling. x3  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:08 am
Sythril Vythethi
Loonamist

I didn't understand where your calculations came from at all....Where did the extra 2 damage points come from?

Also, your post has a cool in the middle of it. Just sayin'.

Also, also, I don't see how typing out the calculations are that big a deal. She did 70 damage to him, and if people read along, they'll know that's because Geodude used Defense Curl, which removes 10 damage points. I also don't enjoy typing on this infernal thing, so less typing is better for both my patience and my tablet's lifespan. sweatdrop I can also do the math in my head, so I would never remember to type it all out anyway.

Ah, that's because it doesn't remove 10 damage, and confusion like that is easier to track if it's typed out : ) It does 1/10 less damage when defense is raised. A 'stage' is 1/10, not 10 damage. It also helps reduce confusion or simple mathematical errors when doing it in your head, and, especially when more calculations are needed, keeps track of things more easily o wo

S i l i c a a

All attacks are assumed to hit unless the pokemon's evasion has been raised : ) So you only have to role if that's the case, or if the attacking pokemon's accuracy was lowered.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

KiIala

Nine-tailed Cat

12,440 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:14 am
Loonamist

Ah alright thanks. [: <  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:14 am
Loonamist
Ah, that's because it doesn't remove 10 damage, and confusion like that is easier to track if it's typed out : ) It does 1/10 less damage when defense is raised. A 'stage' is 1/10, not 10 damage. It also helps reduce confusion or simple mathematical errors when doing it in your head, and, especially when more calculations are needed, keeps track of things more easily o wo

...What? Okay, hold on. For those us who didn't discuss the battle system, speak in layman's terms. Please.  

That Taisho Guy

Daring Guildsman

6,875 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Married 100

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:24 am
S i l i c a a

No problem! : )

Sythril Vythethi

There's an explanation and example in the Battle Information thread in case I don't quite do it justice here, but a stage is 1/10. So if a pokemon's Defense, in this case, is raised, then the damage they receive from physical attacks is reduced by 1/10 of what it would normally be. Though, I just realized, bubble is a special attack, so the damage it inflicts wouldn't actually be reduced (I'll edit that in my next post).

It can be a bit difficult to get the hang of, but this is why we encourage constructive criticism (so long as it's worded politely), so that we can get an idea of how people feel about things, and what might need to be changed.

I'm sorry about the confusion >:  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:44 am
Loonamist
There's an explanation and example in the Battle Information thread in case I don't quite do it justice here, but a stage is 1/10. So if a pokemon's Defense, in this case, is raised, then the damage they receive from physical attacks is reduced by 1/10 of what it would normally be. Though, I just realized, bubble is a special attack, so the damage it inflicts wouldn't actually be reduced (I'll edit that in my next post).

It can be a bit difficult to get the hang of, but this is why we encourage constructive criticism (so long as it's worded politely), so that we can get an idea of how people feel about things, and what might need to be changed.

You really think I can understand all that? Why can't it be simple addition and subtraction? Or, actual numbers and not fractions and decimals?

Anyway, are you going to attack, or does Agatha attack? Your sample doesn't say anything about that. I'm not willing to waste a post with Ezra just standing there like an idiot. I'm literally just wasting space at that point.  

That Taisho Guy

Daring Guildsman

6,875 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Married 100

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:49 am
Sythril Vythethi
Loonamist

You really think I can understand all that? Why can't it be simple addition and subtraction? Or, actual numbers and not fractions and decimals?

Anyway, are you going to attack, or does Agatha attack? Your sample doesn't say anything about that. I'm not willing to waste a post with Ezra just standing there like an idiot. I'm literally just wasting space at that point.

Because we're trying to stay true to the games, and several people have voiced their enjoyment of that : )

Because I wasn't sure if you were going to switch pokemon or not, I didn't have Onix attack ^^ If you're not going to, I can edit in an attack.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:59 am
Loonamist
Because we're trying to stay true to the games, and several people have voiced their enjoyment of that : )

Because I wasn't sure if you were going to switch pokemon or not, I didn't have Onix attack ^^ If you're not going to, I can edit in an attack.

And....What happened to keeping everyone in mind? Staying true to the games only works if we're not the ones doing the actual math. Some of us can only do simple math without losing our minds all the time and feeling we screwed up somewhere. At this rate, the mods will have to type out all my battles because I sure as twinkies can't understand all that.

Anyway, no. Agatha is staying on the field until she's knocked out. If she's knocked out. Maybe she'll be Ezra's lucky coin in this battle.  

That Taisho Guy

Daring Guildsman

6,875 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Married 100

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:05 am
Sythril Vythethi
Loonamist

And....What happened to keeping everyone in mind? Staying true to the games only works if we're not the ones doing the actual math. Some of us can only do simple math without losing our minds all the time and feeling we screwed up somewhere. At this rate, the mods will have to type out all my battles because I sure as twinkies can't understand all that.

Anyway, no. Agatha is staying on the field until she's knocked out. If she's knocked out. Maybe she'll be Ezra's lucky coin in this battle.

This is just a starting point, as I mentioned : ) We're open to changes if the majority votes to change it. And we'll be trying to have votes regularly. If you want to propose an alternate method, then we can bring it up when we do that, and get feedback, and do a poll : )

And alright ^^ Edited~
I have a feeling she'll be able to pull through, given Onix's typing x3  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games