Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Empire Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:25 am
Everlasting Chaos
Lt. Brookman
Everlasting Chaos
Lt. Brookman
Well, the new handgunners will come in a boxed set with option of building them as handgunners or crossbowmen obviously. I like the new look, heavier looking weapons that are not yet that far ahead in time. Though the mechanism is one of a flintlock, I found the matchlock more fitting for rank and mass soldiers.

Awww, but that means the Militia won't have crossbow bits anymore! Nuuuu!!!! But I do LOVE the new look for the guns. Princess Mononoke style! xd

I had also heard a rumour that the Empire was getting some form of missile launcher-type weapon that would basically be a weaker long-range Helblaster. Which might be cool, but I'm still going to be pissed if they don't make the Hochland Long Rifle better.

Remove bitz from the militia sprue? You are babbling, you know that right? If GW were to remove parts they'd have to re-do the whole mold, costing them a small fortune in revision and casting costs. The crossbows will stay on the militia sprues!

If that's the case then they won't come in the Handgunner sprue. 3nodding

And why not? Why is it that both the militia sprue and the handgunners sprue can't get crossbows then?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:28 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Lt. Brookman
Everlasting Chaos
Lt. Brookman
Well, the new handgunners will come in a boxed set with option of building them as handgunners or crossbowmen obviously. I like the new look, heavier looking weapons that are not yet that far ahead in time. Though the mechanism is one of a flintlock, I found the matchlock more fitting for rank and mass soldiers.

Awww, but that means the Militia won't have crossbow bits anymore! Nuuuu!!!! But I do LOVE the new look for the guns. Princess Mononoke style! xd

I had also heard a rumour that the Empire was getting some form of missile launcher-type weapon that would basically be a weaker long-range Helblaster. Which might be cool, but I'm still going to be pissed if they don't make the Hochland Long Rifle better.

Remove bitz from the militia sprue? You are babbling, you know that right? If GW were to remove parts they'd have to re-do the whole mold, costing them a small fortune in revision and casting costs. The crossbows will stay on the militia sprues!

But don't handgunners have a higher ballistic skill than militia? They're two different units that can wield crossbows.  

Lethkhar

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:32 pm
Lt. Brookman
Everlasting Chaos
Lt. Brookman
Everlasting Chaos
Lt. Brookman

And why not? Why is it that both the militia sprue and the handgunners sprue can't get crossbows then?

Let's get fluffy!

The reason why they can't both have Crossbows is because of the nature of Handgunners vs Crossbowmen. Handgunners are State Troops, soldiers that have been trained as regulars in the Imperial army. The other State Troops are Halberdiers, Swordsmen, and Spearmen. If you notice to show that they're all State Troops those four units are wearing proper military uniforms. By contrast, the Free Company, Crossbowmen, Archers and Huntsmen are all considered members of the Imperial militia. They have considerably less formal training than the State Troops, so are less disciplined than the State Toops are. As a result, the militia doesn't bother wearing any fancy uniforms.

And now I'll get right down to the point. Because Handgunners wear uniforms and Crossbowmen don't, putting crossbows in both boxes would require the creation of 2 different types of crossbow sprues. And if you take a look at other GW models (I'm looking at you Carnifex!) you'll see that GW doesn't like putting sprues in more boxes than they need to, sometimes leading to a lack of options normally available to the model.

And also the Free Company box has the bits to make any of the militia models, so it's just easier to do.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:13 am
Actually, crossbowmen will always have a place in the ranks of the Empire.

GW has previews up of the new plastic general/captain kit, which contains enough parts for a mounted model and one on foot, with plenty of bitz to put the new Orc boss kit to shame. Also, GW is finally releasing new horses! Pistoliers will get a much needed musician and from the looks of it, are in plastic this time round.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
Look at those fine beasts! No longer will we be forced to ride ponies. Maybe they'll do new armoured warhorses as well.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:48 am
Plastic.... Pistoliers...?

*Goes into shock*  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:00 am
I feel pretty ripped, as I created my own recently out of spare Empire knight parts. But I want me a new batch now, same with the general, eventhough I already have me a pile of captains, champions and whatnots.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:27 pm
Does anyone else feel the new great weapons for armies are becoming a little... 'great' in size?

I remember when a flail the size the middle general was carrying would be considered two handed for Empire.

Ah well, still good models.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:30 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Does anyone else feel the new great weapons for armies are becoming a little... 'great' in size?

I remember when a flail the size the middle general was carrying would be considered two handed for Empire.

Well we all know the Empire men have to compensate agiansts what the Brets and other humanoid races hold.  

Reddemon

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:40 pm
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal

Well we all know the Empire men have to compensate agiansts what the Brets and other humanoid races hold.

xd

That reminds me of a family guy episode...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:53 pm
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal

You mean like an obsession to do everything on their own when a good squad of Leadbelchers would get it done with a fraction of the effort? xd  

Everlasting Chaos

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:17 am
I think the weapons are far too big, that dude with the hammer just looks tarded.

And I don't see what Empire soldiers have to compensate for, if they can't compensate for weapons, they still carry the largest codpieces in the known universe.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:53 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal

You mean like an obsession to do everything on their own when a good squad of Leadbelchers would get it done with a fraction of the effort? xd

1. I'm not sure if you really understood what he was implying there.

2. Either way, what you just said was ******** hilarious in the context he was implying.  

Lethkhar

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:02 am
Marcus McFlufferson
I think the weapons are far too big, that dude with the hammer just looks tarded.

And I don't see what Empire soldiers have to compensate for, if they can't compensate for weapons, they still carry the largest codpieces in the known universe.

Well, unless they make Blackadder themed codpieces, that would be ah, interesting. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:27 pm
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal

1. I'm not sure if you really understood what he was implying there.

2. Either way, what you just said was ******** hilarious in the context he was implying.

rofl Yeah, I have minimal idea what I was saying too. xd  

Everlasting Chaos

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:48 am
Oh bollocks! GW is going to release the Empire army deal this December, which will include:

- Plastic General - captain kit
- New soldiers of the Empire kit (20 men)
- Two kits of pistoliers (one with pistols and the other with all repeating rifles - each fiver strong)
- Twenty ranged troops (image showed ten new handgunners and ten new crossbowmen BOOYAH)
- Empire knights (12)
- Empire Cannon
- New Empire army book
- Kit will contain a limited edition bright wizard

Release date UK and NE: 16-12
Price: 135 Pounds Sterling

My general reaction after nearly completing me own Empire army: "Damn it, now I want to start over again!"

The new Empire troops are a mxied bag, I'm not that fond of the new facial designs, they remind me a bit too much of the Bretonnians. However, I still want them, they look a ton better then the old models. They are more dynamic. I'll try and get an image or two up soon.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games