Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Mpreg Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mpreg
  :D
  D:
View Results

Demoni Nightmare

Rainbow Prophet

11,675 Points
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Astral Veteran 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:54 pm
Androgynous Dusk
Demonic-Nightmare
Personally, I rather am fond of MPreg. I will say though, I understand why some people don't like it...I just prefer some reasoning behind it, and more sound than "Harry randomly gets pregnant lolozz!"

This is true. I like the reasons the authoress of the Harry/Snape fic (I really can't remember her pen name) 'Time, Truth, and Sacrifice' and several other fics, gives

Cool. The great thing about Potter is that it really IS, like, more possible for MPreg to happen, too. (Magic, potions, etc)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:22 pm
Yeah, I'm all for it. I'd say I was freaked out about it at first, but that's not entirely true. I gave up entirely too quickly on this issue. Not much protesting going on at all.

I'm more likely to buy into it if it's a creature blood fic of some sort, but I'll read it any way I can get it. It's not my all time fav type of story either, but I do love it when I see it.  

saifai

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:29 pm
I've noticed lately that most of the best mpreg fics have the character(s) in question as magical beings.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:51 pm
Sirius Black-Lupin
Mpreg is at the very top of the list titled "Things That I Won't/Don't/Can't Read"

I've never liked it, and not because no one writes it well (which usually will make me like something because I had previously seen crap authors try to use something) for lots of different reasons.

1) Physically Impossible, I doubt even magic is that advanced.
2) Ow...it hurts for a female, assuming that they do manage to have a reasonable explanation for it (and other species is not reasonable in the HPVerse) I can't even begin to imagine the pain a guy goes through.
3) It's called adoption. Most homosexual couples who want children use this method (or try to at least) and it works best in not only the Real World, but in every fandom imaginable. What fandom can't have characters either adopt or find some poor child in an alley to take care of?

I just find it far to outlandish for my tastes--and considering what I do like, that's saying a lot.

I don't like it because it's physically impossible, seriously.
I understand that it's based off of a fantasy series, but come on.. aside from the magic aspect of the book, everything else is pretty realistic.  

smitten saccharine

FallenAngel231303

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:00 pm
External Penetration
I've noticed lately that most of the best mpreg fics have the character(s) in question as magical beings.

i noticed that too, i think it makes it easier to explain the pregnancy but i think it adds a lot of spice to the fic if its introduced correctly!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:13 pm
External Penetration

I've noticed that too, and one character is usally godmoded  

Androgynous Dusk

A CLOCKWORK ORGASM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:14 pm
To me, MPreg is slightly terrifying, to say the least.
I mean, in some situations, it's funny and contributes to the story, but really - most of the time it's stupid.

I only like it if it's done correctly and interestingly. <3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:57 pm
I'm going to ignore all of you and just keep saying, No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no for the rest of the post.

I hate MPreg (if you haven't noticed xD).
Firstly, guys aren't supposed to have children! I don't care if they're wizard or aliens from another world, or frigging 6 eyed creatures! MALES DO NOT GET PREGANT! You got it?

Ernestly, people. Just think about the certian body part that will get crushed or shrunk into non-exist mood when that happens. Also, the point of Slash just gets thrown to the side.

I read a certian Fic with MPREG as a warning, and all I was thinking during certian parts and such, was Pathetic! And had bells ringing off in my head while I raged and finally turned it off.

I don't like it, and so I won't read it. Poor defenseless Harry, or Draco, pregant as a woman! x-x

Anywhoo, I guess I could slightly understand why people might like it. Not much, but heh.

StargemKitty

RukaMaron

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:49 pm
Personally, I think that not many mpreg stories arewritten well and believably. And this might sound a little harsh but a baby usually takes away from the whole "I love you" Romance thing that they slash couple have. Though I do agree that adopting a child is awesome. Because usually in those fics the child is old enough to understand what is happening and can actually join in with the plot. I tend not to read mpreg stories because they go off on tangents. I know I know! Big generalization but thats how I feel. If anyone knows any good mpreg then I would be happy to read it biggrin . I just don't feel like weeding through all of the bad ones.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:43 am
RukaMaron
Personally, I think that not many mpreg stories arewritten well and believably. And this might sound a little harsh but a baby usually takes away from the whole "I love you" Romance thing that they slash couple have. Though I do agree that adopting a child is awesome. Because usually in those fics the child is old enough to understand what is happening and can actually join in with the plot. I tend not to read mpreg stories because they go off on tangents. I know I know! Big generalization but thats how I feel. If anyone knows any good mpreg then I would be happy to read it biggrin . I just don't feel like weeding through all of the bad ones.

For me, personally, MPreg is more suited for RP than fanfic, sort of. XD;  

Demoni Nightmare

Rainbow Prophet

11,675 Points
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Astral Veteran 100

Tia_blue

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:00 pm
I guess i should give it an honest shot and read some, but every time i see it i have that reaction where everything in me goes GAHHHHH! NO WRONG WRONG! kinda like the reaction i get when i see Snarry.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:02 pm
Demonic-Nightmare
RukaMaron

For me, personally, MPreg is more suited for RP than fanfic, sort of. XD;

ya i could see that working more than a ff. i usually love stories where ppl adopt a child, because it could really happen, but Mpreg is just so...i don't know...unrealistic.  

Tia_blue

Arial Kothem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:31 pm
I've yet to read one written well, but the concept is not horrible.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:41 pm
I haven't read any good ones, and the ones I have read, I've stumbled upon.

I don't dislike the idea, I think it's different but I have nothing against it.  

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Josette27

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:24 pm
I love mpreg, it doesn't bother me at all, I love when people come up with ways of how they have birth.

I especially love Mpreg!Harry. ^_^

whee  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas