Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
Emo = stupid... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think about emo?
It's good.
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
It's retarded.
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Even POP music is better than EMO!
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Ska is god.
50%
 50%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 55

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:01 pm
Elbryan233
I don't think there's anything wrong with emo. It's all just music. There's plenty of emo I like, along with ska and punk and blues and all the rest of the crap I listen to. What pisses me off are the scene-y kids who whine and moan and feel like they have to act the part and dress the part just becuase of the music they listen to. Turning music into just a fashion sense is stupid, no matter what kind of music it is.

THANK YOU!
Now try convincing EVERYBODY in Arizona of that fact sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:14 pm
Elbryan233
I don't think there's anything wrong with emo. It's all just music. There's plenty of emo I like, along with ska and punk and blues and all the rest of the crap I listen to. What pisses me off are the scene-y kids who whine and moan and feel like they have to act the part and dress the part just becuase of the music they listen to. Turning music into just a fashion sense is stupid, no matter what kind of music it is.

That's why I like real emo. wink  

IbunWest

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:43 pm
King Of The Ska
Elbryan233

THANK YOU!
Now try convincing EVERYBODY in Arizona of that fact sweatdrop
And New Jersey while you're at it. Then again, there are people who choose to dress semi-according to the music they listen to mostly because they actually enjoy dressing that way. I listen to punk music, I wear big black boots, raggy old clothes, and I have a mohawk. I dress this way 'cuz I enjoy it, not cuz I'm trying to make a fashion statement. ******** fashion! I'll wear whatever the hell I want!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:05 pm
I love ska and I wear a fedora and dark sunglasses with everything >>  

Red-Baron

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:48 pm
Red-Baron
I love ska and I wear a fedora and dark sunglasses with everything >>

I wear my riding cap, brown leathter Converese, slacks, and a band t-shirt  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:45 pm
just like the hippies biggrin  

Red-Baron

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:56 am
I have decided the perfect description of me is: dress like a goth, skank like a rudie, sqeal like a fangirl. I dont know what it says about me, but rude girls are supposed to wear skirts and heels, not practical at all!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:07 am
And that brings us back to me ranting about women don't seem to understand the concept of dressing comfortably. xd Besides, bet you look real cute in a skirt. wink  

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:42 am
Ivan_The_Punk
And that brings us back to me ranting about women don't seem to understand the concept of dressing comfortably. xd Besides, bet you look real cute in a skirt. wink

In a skirt maybe, but not heels,if I can wear DMs with it Ill be happy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:49 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Red-Baron

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:59 am
girl_no_13
Ivan_The_Punk

Quite personally, skirts and sneakers are much cuter than skirts and heels. Heels piss me off for some reason, and I'm tempted to trip the dimwits who wear them. No offense to any ladies here who do enjoy heels. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:41 pm
Ivan_The_Punk
girl_no_13
Ivan_The_Punk

Quite personally, skirts and sneakers are much cuter than skirts and heels. Heels piss me off for some reason, and I'm tempted to trip the dimwits who wear them. No offense to any ladies here who do enjoy heels. xp

Hurrah! If you ever fancy coming to the UK come to Brighton, and i will no longer feel unladylike in my trainers and big boots!

This has nothing to do with emo!  

girl_no_13

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:30 am
Someone has probably posted this before, and if they have I apologise, but I couldn't be arsed to read the whole thread:

Emo can be excellent. The original emo bands like Fugazi, and Rites of Spring for example. The depressive emo bands which cater for angst-stricken teens are a relatively modern phenomenon and have really turned the entire genre into a laughing stock.

Personally I have no problem with someone writing about how they're depressed if they genuinely are. Great love songs, even the miserable ones, are some of the most enduring pieces of music ever written and I feel I would have missed out somehow if I'd not heard Samiam's 'Mud Hill'. It's the self-pitying, smudged red eyeshadow (to look like they've been crying y'see?), hanging about Leicester city centre with no intention of buying anything emo-kids that piss me off. Some of them will even glance at my Henry Rollins shirt, then smile and nod as if I have some link with these Atticus-clad cretins, and will smile back.

Oh, and pop is a truly great genre of music. True pop transcends all boundaries and can last for years. It's fairly rare though.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:35 am
I'm not really that big into Rites of Spring, and I still need to check out Fugazi. I really enjoy Hot Water Music, Jawbreaker, and Gray Matter though.  

IbunWest

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:29 pm
I can no longer slag off emo as much as I have previously done, as my brother discovered my Oskar CD that I had forgotten about- high voice, very angsty, a bit of screaming- I own a emo CD!
Im not really sure how I feel about that, shock I think, I am taking refuge in ska, but Im not ashamed to admit that I still sort of like Oskar but god its depressing! crying  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games