Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
What type of goth are you? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what kind of goth?
  punk goth
  hippie goth
  skatergoth
  gothy goth
  i'm not goth
  GOLD LOVING GOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

grotesquekreeple

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:03 pm
i would have to say gothy goth hey i like saying that it interests me so...  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:29 pm
Gothy goth  

RoseGeist

darkXmoon

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:38 pm
Emperor Lothar
darkXmoon
I am the mod that just deleted both posts on what is and what is not goth. Before this turns into a flame I want to kill the spark.

I am a goth and I only have 2 goth bands on my play list. Voltaire and some chick from France. I hate almost all other goth music out there right now. I'm a happy goth and I know what I want on my play list, this does not make me any less of a goth. Also the Lolita fashion is not goth in Japan but is goth in the states. Lolita is popping up more and more in goth fashion and excepted for its dark beauty and cosplay friendliness.

as for the goth at heart, I liked that because I can relate to it. I have to dress a certain way for certain occasion for work related reasons. I may look like a prep while doing it but deep down I'm still a goth at heart. Even if I'm having a blue jeans and flannel shirt day, I may look like a bum but I'm still a goth.
Meaning were not allowed to discuss?

Discussing you opinion is one thing we very much encourage in the guild. Saying your opinion is fact or better then some one else's, then no.  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:03 pm
I don't know what kind of goth I am. I don't wear the clothes, because my dad would kill me. I am interested in what you might call the poetic side of death and I do write poetry and short stories from time to time. I also happen to like stuff like System of a Down and Spit. No clue if that helps at all with a diagnosis.  

NeoApollyon

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:38 pm
I'm a me, and I like it that way. But when it comes to Goth, I'm whatever goth I want to be at the moment. Sometimes it's punk, somtimes it's gothy goth, and what ever I feel like being tomarrow  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:44 pm
Feafaroth
I don't know what kind of goth I am. I don't wear the clothes, because my dad would kill me. I am interested in what you might call the poetic side of death and I do write poetry and short stories from time to time. I also happen to like stuff like System of a Down and Spit. No clue if that helps at all with a diagnosis.
Aww I'm sorry, you can't dress the way you want. ((I wish parents would just let their kids be themselves.)) I think it's futile supressing who a person wants to be though...My Dad had that issue with me but after a while he just gave up on trying to get me to be normal.  

Laharl Part Deux

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:26 pm
Hmm. I consider myself to be a "sugar goth". I am goth, but unnaturally happy and hyperactive most of the time. I'm also really starting to fall in love with anime and manga and the like, so add that in there... yeah. I'm one of the really weird ones...  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:42 pm
IM A HOTTOPIC GOTH LOLOLOLOL!!!111!!!!11!!

I really hate classifying myself.

What, am I a species in the Society Kingdom?

Oi vey.

But if you so must classify, what I said in the ages-old thread is this:: Perky Goth. I guess I still stand by it.

But honestly... calling yourself something is making yourself conform.

I find conformity to be the bane of existence.

Why label yourself when you are a mere human being.

You
exist. Is that not good enough? Must you give yourself superficial titles?

...sorry. I just hate trying to label myself as one thing or another. It drives me crazy.

Call me existentialist, or whatever you want, but I just feel that by overcomplicating ourselves we are ultimately hurting ourselves.

Alright, rant over.

.Sodomy.On.A.Stick.

Mime+Suicide

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.im not really into labels. Labels are for people who care about wat others think or so I think. EXPRESSING MY OPINION!!!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:05 pm
Ravenness15
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.im not really into labels. Labels are for people who care about wat others think or so I think. EXPRESSING MY OPINION!!!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Caring about what other people think is the most superficial thing you can do.

Why do you care?

What other people think does not define nor change you unless you let it.

You are who you are.

No one can touch that unless you let them.

So why worry what others think?

Their petty thoughts mean nothing.

.Sodomy.On.A.Stick.

Mime+Suicide

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:17 pm
[ Hara Miharu ]
Ravenness15

Why do you care?

You are who you are.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.VERY TRUE.
I think you should just be yoursle fna dif they dont like you well screw them. its not like their opinion matters anyways.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:23 pm
Ravenness15
[ Hara Miharu ]
Ravenness15

Why do you care?

You are who you are.

I think you should just be yoursle fna dif they dont like you well screw them. its not like their opinion matters anyways.

Exactly.

What they think won't get you a diploma.

What they think won't crank up your bills.

What they think ultimately means nothing.

Besides, you have your freedom to express yourself. You should be able to be who you are. And if people have problems with who you are, then they are ******** up, since their opinion is most likely based on something society said.

People judge others based on how they look most of all. Ever think the person behind the clothes might be a nice human being with feelings?

I hate people. Especially the stupid ones who don't think before they judge others.

.Sodomy.On.A.Stick.

Mime+Suicide

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:28 pm
[ Hara Miharu ]
Ravenness15
[ Hara Miharu ]
Ravenness15

Why do you care?

You are who you are.

Exactly.

What they think won't get you a diploma.

What they think won't crank up your bills.

What they think ultimately means nothing.

Besides, you have your freedom to express yourself. You should be able to be who you are. And if people have problems with who you are, then they are ******** up, since their opinion is most likely based on something society said.

People judge others based on how they look most of all. Ever think the person behind the clothes might be a nice human being with feelings?

I hate people. Especially the stupid ones who don't think before they judge others.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.yup but its life and our world is screwed up.
you have ot be a certain way to accept you and thats what you mostly see in high skool besides the whole world.
come on people get a life if you label yourself.
its better to be yourself then to be another copy.
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:46 pm
Ravenness15
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.yup but its life and our world is screwed up.
you have ot be a certain way to accept you and thats what you mostly see in high skool besides the whole world.
come on people get a life if you label yourself.
its better to be yourself then to be another copy.

Our world is terribly screwed up.

Honestly.

People don't even know what's important anymore.

They worry about what other people think and label themselves so others will accept that label as the whole and true definition of themselves without giving themselves meaning. In other words, by labeling themselves and living by this definition of themselves, they make their lives meaningless and worthless.

That's what I hate.

And being another copy of everyone else is just a waste of time. You are a human. You were designed to be different, not a clone of someone else. By making yourself into this clone, you are destroying any hope of uniqueness the human race hopes to hold in the future. And a world where everyone is the same is not just boring; it's stupid.

So there we go.

Any way you look at it, there's no point in labeling each other or yourself.

.Sodomy.On.A.Stick.

The Rose of Demise

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:47 pm
To tell you the truth, I don`t really know. I`ve been called a freak and a plain clothed goth. But personally, I think I might have my own catagory. I don`t care, but if you want to find out, it depends entirely on who you ask. These "catagories " will be lost the minute I graduate from high school.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games