Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
This is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Collowrath

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:24 pm
I'm more interested in why they would include sage and rose petals in a Kemetic cleansing ritual.

*shudders at sage*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:25 pm
TeaDidikai
Namikikyo
No, I have not. Other then the experiances of working with myself, then working with a deity. There just seems to be a difference, But that's only from personal experiance. .__."
Personal experience is a good start, but it needs to be evaluated critically, or you could well end up lying to yourself.

Quote:
I think it would be a positive effect, And will give me the closure to leave Witchcraft and go into Hellenic Mystism.
Fair enough. Not saying this is the case, but it looks like you have a lot of investigation to do.

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe it's time to reevaluate the goal.

That and a few other things.
Best of luck with that.

Thank you, Tea. You have no idea how much you've helped me on this.

heart

Namikikyo

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:30 pm
Collowrath
I'm more interested in why they would include sage and rose petals in a Kemetic cleansing ritual.

*shudders at sage*

Why so?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:31 pm
Nattfodd

To be fair, I never thought Crowley was much of an artist in any regard, unless he was drawing something that you could use a protractor or compass for.

There are other publishings though, with better illustrations, if I recall correctly. And not all are by Crowley in the Mathers/Crowley edition either, if I recall. (I no longer own the Goetia, when I split with my ex-girlfriend, that became her book... crying )

I don't really regard the Goetia as all that dangerous, either, more like accelerated natural selection. Most kids find it doesn't work for them (usually because they have no clue about context or systems to work with it in,) and advanced practitioners usually know well the dangers possible in messing around with Goetic workings.

It's the most part that causes trouble.

It's that whole Alexander Pope saying "A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again.".

I'm not worried about Ravenwolf-based Fluffies calling up Baal. (The ones we got in the shop were too busy being horrified that we stocked Crowley next to Cunningham twisted ) Besides, half of them couldn't find a sigil with both hands if it was tattooed on their a**.

I'm more worried about people with a bit of knowledge, potential in bulk and just enough information to be incompetent. I'm less worried about them summing Vual and more worried about the trouble that could follow if they didn't place Furfur in his seal properly.

And I don't like the mess it causes when someone calls up what they can't put back down.  

TeaDidikai

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:34 pm
Is that supposed to be a Kemetic spell? And I'm pretty sure rituals after becoming Remetj within the Kemetic Orthodoxy are oathbound, which would include priesthood rituals. I would ask what sort of priest he is (W'ab, Hem-Netjer, Sesh, Setem, Kher-heb, Heri-sesheta, or Heri-tep). If he can't answer, it's pretty much certain he's not a KO priest.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm
Namikikyo
Collowrath

*shudders at sage*

Why so?

Eh, the rose petals probably aren't a big deal, but sage? At least in the context of a cleansing agent, that seems a bit of stretch.  

Collowrath

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:37 pm
Collowrath
Namikikyo
Collowrath

*shudders at sage*

Why so?

Eh, the rose petals probably aren't a big deal, but sage? At least in the context of a cleansing agent, that seems a bit of stretch.

I'm not certain, but I don't believe there are any roses native to Egypt, at least not at the time heka was commonly in use.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:39 pm
Namikikyo
Guardian Tenshi Yami
Namikikyo
Guardian Tenshi Yami
Ok.. Ignoring the flamers... I'm a priest of Kemeticism. (Orthodox, not the reconstruction) I've got some experience with this, being fairly more sensitive to things like that. Here's what is customarily done to cleanse and put to rest a troubled spirit/remnant.

What you'll need
1 bottle of rose water (Easily bought at any grocery store)
dried rose petals
a metal dish that has wide brim, must be able to withstand heat.
3 types of incense (Like Nag Champa, Patchouli, and Sandalwood)
Matches
a bundle of Sage
Crystal Pendulum

Take the rose water, rub the dish down with it and then place the rose petals in the dish. Set them alight and in a semi circle around the dish, light the individual types at the three points of the circle (Median, Top, Median). Take the pendulum, dip it in the remaining rose water, hang it above the dish, light the sage bundle and hold it, chant the afflicted one's name (First is fine) 13 times, extinguish the flame in the dish with more rose water and then, with the lit sage bundle, trace the doorways.

What if she doesn't have all the tools? Last time I checked, most people don't keep a crystal pendulum in their back pockets.

And how are we supposed to know you're a Priest?

They're fairly inexpensive. That's a bloody shopping list, hon.
As for confirming my being a Priest, I can only say this. The Ancient Rites, being written in Demotic (the written language of early Egyptians) required three days of fasting, twelve blood offerings to various deities of various sects. In addition to the chantings in the spoken Dialect of Demotic, I'd say I have a good grasp as a priest. Modern Theology has eliminated the paperworks associated with being a priest of an almost dead religion

Is this true? All someone has to do is this to become a priest in this religion?

Something just seems fishy about this. Then again, I'm not well versed in Kemetic paganism.
I'm bat more than a couple eyelashes at anyone who divorces the choice of the gods from what it takes to serve them myself.

Namikikyo
Thank you, Tea. You have no idea how much you've helped me on this.

heart
Welcome.

Damn. My reputation is screwed isn't it.

Collowrath

*shudders at sage*
I'm befuddled as to why most of these steps are justified. Heck- I want to know where the ancient Egyptians bought a Brand Name Champa Flower Incense!

I mean... last I checked, Ailanthus Malabarica didn't grow in Egypt either.  

TeaDidikai

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:41 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
Is that supposed to be a Kemetic spell? And I'm pretty sure rituals after becoming Remetj within the Kemetic Orthodoxy are oathbound, which would include priesthood rituals. I would ask if he what sort of priest he is (W'ab, Hem-Netjer, Sesh, Setem, Kher-heb, Heri-sesheta, or Heri-tep). If he can't answer, it's pretty much certain he's not a KO priest.

That's what I thought, I figured it was oathbound.

But he's in the LD in some spirit thread, I'll ask him about it now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:45 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
Is that supposed to be a Kemetic spell? And I'm pretty sure rituals after becoming Remetj within the Kemetic Orthodoxy are oathbound, which would include priesthood rituals. I would ask what sort of priest he is (W'ab, Hem-Netjer, Sesh, Setem, Kher-heb, Heri-sesheta, or Heri-tep). If he can't answer, it's pretty much certain he's not a KO priest.
He might be trying to justify his position as a Priest of Right Belief using the Kemetic pantheon.  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:48 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
Collowrath
Namikikyo
Collowrath

*shudders at sage*

Why so?

I'm not certain, but I don't believe there are any roses native to Egypt, at least not at the time heka was commonly in use.

They're Persian in origin, as far as I know. They don't travel well either x.x

Nag Champa incense and patchouli both hit my palate in disagreeable ways. Sage hits me on a different level altogether - almost like a brick wall to the head. But I guess that's another discussion. smile That said, I wouldn't want them to "cleanse" me.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:49 pm
TeaDidikai
He might be trying to justify his position as a Priest of Right Belief using the Kemetic pantheon.

Totally possible.  

IH_Zero

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:51 pm
Collowrath
Most of them are just resource hogs and PH Princesses.
Quote:

Nag Champa incense and patchouli both hit my palate in disagreeable ways.
Why the patchouli?
Quote:
That said, I wouldn't want them to "cleanse" me.
Likewise.

Also, I'd be interested in finding an ancient Egyptian Crystal pendulum myself.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:56 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
Most of them are just resource hogs and PH Princesses.

My partner had some rose plants. Lasted about a week. They were the only things I've ever met that were more high maintenance than him.

Quote:
Quote:
Nag Champa incense and patchouli both hit my palate in disagreeable ways.
Why the patchouli?

Don't enjoy the smell.

Quote:

Oh, something tells me it can be found on ebay...  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:00 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

Oh, something tells me it can be found on ebay...

Damn you eBay.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games