Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
What's Your Age? And When Did You Start Liking Yaoi? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sonny Skrillex Moore

Fashionable Smoker

3,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:54 pm
hm where do i start, im currently 18 years old (hey i can legally buy yaoi now n.n XD)

I started liking shonen ai around 12 or 13ish, i found a anime called gravitation, i was completly baffled that Shuichi was a guy, that liked guys.

I fell in love with the series, despite it being written like a bad fanfiction, and from then on I found myself pairing boys together in regular animes.

heh Ouran High School Host Club and Fruits Baskets helped my obsession along. heart

|| Nyhm ||  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:19 pm
It was around 15-16 I just gave in and started to read yaoi fanfictions and shounen ai mangas <3

My favorite fanfiction, "The Seduction of Yusuke Urameshi" is still the best fanfiction I have ever read~ D8 <3 YusukeXKurama FTW! <3

If you havent ever read it, I totally recommend it ;3 <3  

Aurumfae

Itsumo_Dreamer

Dangerous Lover

7,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:36 pm
20. I got into manga and anime when I was about 13/14 and yaoi...I'd say about the same time...

T-T I miss going to conventions and everything omg I'm going to go crazy!!!

[[she's been poor so she stopped going to conventions and stopped buying manga and anime...]] [[Thank god there is the internet..]]  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:50 pm
Hi I'm 16 (I still buy Doshin's My mom does I just give it to her to pay and be the ID.) I fell In love with Yaoi when I was Like 6 I was in a room with my sister she was watching a chat (Naruto) It said WARNING YAIO so I watched it with her and she was grossed out but I loved it Yay Yaio.  

Mysterious Painter

Lonely Smoker

5,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sgt Darkwolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:55 pm
I'm 18 and I started getting interested in Yaoi/Shounen-ai at the age of 13.

That is when I was buying a lot of Manga since that was a pretty big thing with me and my friends at the time. I wanted to buy something new and came across a Manga with three boys on the cover, I took a look at it and didn't read the back since I was in a hurry. I was pretty interested because it looked nice. Once I got home I read it and was like, "Wait...what?! That guy likes the other guy!". The manga was named Eerie Queerie. xD

And that's how it all started.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:48 pm
I'm currently sixteen. If I remember correctly, I started to really get into it around the age of ten or so.

I've been in private school since I was six, so I was basically spoonfed information and beliefs, and I stuck with 'em. So naturally, I was all "homos are bad!" Eventually my mother had told me that my brother's gay. This, of course, turned EVERYTHING upside down. I adore my brother to death, and I knew he wasn't a bad person. This opened me up to sooo much more, and eventually I fell in love with it. Funny how I did a complete 180. It's a great thing, because it made me so incredibly open minded.  

Grellalicious

Twilight_Rein

Shirtless Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:34 pm
I'm the ripe old age of 18. Let me see, umm, I started liking shonen ai when I was like 11~12. I just knew seeing two dudes together was cute. When I read Gravitation I naturally wanted to read more with *depth* and I remember stumbling into a scanlation of one of the Gravitation remix doujinshi.

heart

I never looked back after that. And now with a job (about darn time too) I can start buliding my manga collection, with a nice sizable yaoi collection slowly growing. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:00 pm
I am currently 15. I started to enjoy yaoi at the age of 11, and has been an active advocate and supporter. Thankfully, papa and mama does not monitor online activity and inspect room or that would put an end to my happy days. xd  

reychop

900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Keamykaykay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:25 pm
Wow... Most people were very young when they first stumbled across yaoi! I thought that I was the only one and considered myself to be sorta... Warped... Nah, I'm currently fifteen and I first started liking yaoi when I was around 12. I was in denial about it until last year though. Lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:03 am
I'm 20 now and I think I was 12 or 13 when I first discovered yaoi when I accidentally stumbled upon a heero X duo fanfic and I feel in love!  

animeaddict195x

3,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Wall Street 200

so long big bowser

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:52 am
I don't remember exactly what made me love yaoi so much. I think I was like, 11-12 when I first began to like it. But I definitely first came across it when I was like, nine. Went through a Naruto phase and that should speak for itself. Lol, SasuNaru. I remember being in the fourth grade on neopets and being like, "ew, thats gross!" I was such a confused little girl.

I'm 13, btw. That should explain the crazy amounts of the work 'like' in my posts.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:36 am
When I first ran into Yaoi/Shonen-Ai around age 12, I though it was disgusting and I made fun of it. Then when I was 13-14, I fell in love with it. At the time I was playing Neopets and I started a Final Fantasy chatgroup. I was Kadaj there and the Yazoo and I kinda' hit it off. xD ;; I also ran into my first lemon which was based in Final Fantasy X and I said it scarred me for life... though I know I actually liked it.

So yeah. Now I'm 15 going on 16 in 5 months and Yaoi/Shonen-Ai fanart/fanfics/crap is literally my crack. ^^

Frozen Skye

Mixra_Kixra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:50 pm
When I started watching Yaoi when I was 8 and now I'm 16 Mew!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:38 am
I was sixteen when I encountered Tactics.

I'm now 20. biggrin And I am still a yaoi fangirl.  

Chouryou

Wheezing Lunatic

Aurora Zinnia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:34 pm
I am now 18, and i started to like yaoi when I was around 13-12 years of age the one that started me in on all the was once again gravitation (does anyone know why they stop pirnting Gravitation EX?), will i guess most of you knows what happenes after that..

Now a days I am more into loveless..... hahaha

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces