Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[General Chat] House of Yaoi Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syntria
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:01 am
That would be pretty nifty.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:31 am
"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."

Hm. We need more people chatting in here *nodnod*
- Oscar Wilde.

User_2629207

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:00 pm
So there are a whole bunch of supposedly gay guys in my science class. They're kinda annoying, because they keep talking about sexual stuff. Rather than giggling about it, I just wanna headdesk myself unconscious, 'cause they're distracting me from an easy A! >>  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:25 pm
Yamane-chan
moo anyone out there exclaim

i havent been watching good shounen-ai anime.

I mean there is Junjou Romantica and Loveless which I havent touched.
Anyone have any suggestions....

I'm a bit late to reply to this, but you can try:

Gakuen Heaven
Princess Princess (more crossdressing then shounen-ai but still good)
Sukisho
Yami no Matsuei (Decendants of Darkness in English)
Gravitation
Kyo Kara Maou
Nabari no Ou (it is more slash though)
Monochrome Factor
Meine Liebe Wieder (though I could not really get into this one so I have no idea if it is good or not)
Cluster Edge (I have not watched it yet)

...If you want more I'm sure I can think of some other titles? I have some "yaoi" as well, but here is the soft stuff.  

IIGRAYII

User_2629207

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:54 am

Meine Liebe Wieder is actually pretty boring, to be honest...

Yami no Matsuei, though, is totally awesome 8D
- Oscar Wilde.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:39 pm
Sup? I'm sorta new in the sense that I haven't been on gaia in FOREVER and therefore haven't really been doing anything guildwise in a few years. So I thought I would drop in and say hello. XD  

My Exquisite Chaos

User_2629207

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:27 pm
My Exquisite Chaos
Sup? I'm sorta new in the sense that I haven't been on gaia in FOREVER and therefore haven't really been doing anything guildwise in a few years. So I thought I would drop in and say hello. XD

Hi~ Welcome to the guild! :3 *shakes hand energetically*
- Oscar Wilde.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:40 pm
I really just can't get into shonen-ai or yaoi animes.

I mean I did like Gravitation, but they were able to balance the story of there being a musician enough with the love story.

I'm not a fan of love story anime honestly. The only love story anime I ever liked His and Her Circumstances.

Meh.....are there any shounen-ai or yaoi like series that aren't super focused on the relationship? Like there just happens to be gay guys?  

Pretty Pretty Priceless

User_2629207

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:25 pm
XIII falling stars

I mean I did like Gravitation, but they were able to balance the story of there being a musician enough with the love story.

I'm not a fan of love story anime honestly. The only love story anime I ever liked His and Her Circumstances.

Meh.....are there any shounen-ai or yaoi like series that aren't super focused on the relationship? Like there just happens to be gay guys?

Yeah, most of the BL anime out there is a bit disappointing :/ There is little material that doesn't revolve around the relationship between the characters (which is why I prefer manga, as weird as it sounds xD).
How about Yami no Matsuei? It doesn't really have that much boy-on-boy material (compared to other series, at least) but I really like it :3
And then there's the Ai no Kusabi series coming out, and while it does focus a lot on the relationship between the two characters, the story isn't as shallow as that of most other series in the genre.

Manga-wise, though, there's a lot more~

EDIT:
Too awesome for words.
- Oscar Wilde.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:40 pm
S a f f r o n S u g a r
XIII falling stars

Yeah, most of the BL anime out there is a bit disappointing :/ There is little material that doesn't revolve around the relationship between the characters (which is why I prefer manga, as weird as it sounds xD).
How about Yami no Matsuei? It doesn't really have that much boy-on-boy material (compared to other series, at least) but I really like it :3
And then there's the Ai no Kusabi series coming out, and while it does focus a lot on the relationship between the two characters, the story isn't as shallow as that of most other series in the genre.

EDIT:
Too awesome for words.
- Oscar Wilde.

Hope and pray that you never need me,
but rest assured I will not let you down.

I know of some yaoi/shounen-ai mangas that are like that — that focus on the story that just happens to have ghey in it. I shall list.

-Gorgeous Carat [four-book series in turn-of-the-century France about a thief and aristocrat. Very compelling and appealing to the intellectual mind.]
-Black Knight [Yay for princes and knights! It starts out with some relationship-oriented stuff, but that's only for like, a few pages in the first two books.]

Wow. I thought I knew a lot more than that. O_o Well, anyway, I recommend these two.

I walk beside you, but you may not see me.
The strongest among you may not wear a crown.

Drakie Cakie
Crew

User_2629207

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:14 pm
Draconis VonTrapp
S a f f r o n S u g a r
XIII falling stars

EDIT:
Too awesome for words.
- Oscar Wilde.

Hope and pray that you never need me,
but rest assured I will not let you down.

I know of some yaoi/shounen-ai mangas that are like that — that focus on the story that just happens to have ghey in it. I shall list.

-Gorgeous Carat [four-book series in turn-of-the-century France about a thief and aristocrat. Very compelling and appealing to the intellectual mind.]
-Black Knight [Yay for princes and knights! It starts out with some relationship-oriented stuff, but that's only for like, a few pages in the first two books.]

Wow. I thought I knew a lot more than that. O_o Well, anyway, I recommend these two.

I walk beside you, but you may not see me.
The strongest among you may not wear a crown.

Mmyes, I liked Gorgeous Carat <3
Lessee...FAKE is kinda like that, while it does involve a lot of the relationship between Ryo and Dee, the story revolves around their jobs as policemen (and some cute sidestories with Bikky and Carol)
Wild Adapter isn't really a BL series, but there is a whole lot of UST going on in there. Very entertaining and addictive like hell.
Vassalord... again, a lot of UST (almost painfully so) and has a really interesting storyline.
Oh, and Innocent Bird! It's got such a beautiful story ;__; I cried.
- Oscar Wilde.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:13 pm
XIII falling stars

You might like Clamp's works, stuff like "X/1999". It sort of hints at a relationship but never gets into big details. It is more of a tragedy then a romance and is not as girly as that group's other works.  

IIGRAYII

Pretty Pretty Priceless

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:32 pm
Serith Moren
XIII falling stars

You might like Clamp's works, stuff like "X/1999". It sort of hints at a relationship but never gets into big details. It is more of a tragedy then a romance and is not as girly as that group's other works.
I do like some Clamp.

Although I hear many of their stories with mostly male characters tend to be very tease.

But I've heard many good things about X/1999

Funny story about Clamp, I've talked to quite a few girls that totally hatte yuri, but loved Miyuki-Chan in Wonderland because it was so cute. (For those that don't know, it's basically Alice in Wonderland but all the characters are female and they all want to bang Miyuki.)
I admit I did too like that, even though I don't like yuri either.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:52 am
XIII falling stars
Serith Moren
XIII falling stars

I do like some Clamp.

Although I hear many of their stories with mostly male characters tend to be very tease.

But I've heard many good things about X/1999

Funny story about Clamp, I've talked to quite a few girls that totally hatte yuri, but loved Miyuki-Chan in Wonderland because it was so cute. (For those that don't know, it's basically Alice in Wonderland but all the characters are female and they all want to bang Miyuki.)
I admit I did too like that, even though I don't like yuri either.

I do love Alice in Wonderland (A LOT.) But Miyuki-Chan looks so scary xD haha.
- Oscar Wilde.

User_2629207

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:03 pm
Two awesome things to report.

Number one: Bryce and I are Facebook-engaged! As in, we don't have rings or anything, and we're not making wedding plans, but our Facebook statuses say that we are engaged. heart

Number two: So there are a lot of guys in my science class who joke about being gay a lot, right? The guy who sits behind me left class with a nosebleed today. And I thought to myself, "LOL. Must be all the yaoi talk." rofl

And a third that I just remembered: It's my baby cousin's first birthday! He's a year old now! heart

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games