Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Music Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:03 pm
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Wiggster
Black Sabbath or Idlewild?
Black Sabbath rock, Idlewild just arent famous or legend material.

I am truly getting pissed off with you Stewart. Therefore I have taken the decision to delete most of the irrelevant posts you make / have made in my guild. stare

Now thats a little immature, isn't it? He's allowed to speak his opinion.

Another new hat, I see?

Not when you see the amount of one-worded comments he spews. Plus he's my mate - he knows I only do it to tease him...

Yes, I prefer white - it tones well with the solar cloak ensemble I have in the pipeline...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:08 pm
Anyone know Jethro Tull? Sort of border country between Jazz aand Rock. Quite similar to one of my favourite bands at the moment, Focus. However, they're Dutch (Focus, not Jethro Tull.)  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:27 am
whapcapn
Anyone know Jethro Tull? Sort of border country between Jazz aand Rock. Quite similar to one of my favourite bands at the moment, Focus. However, they're Dutch (Focus, not Jethro Tull.)

Focus are old, we have them on vinyl. Hocus Pocus, wasn't it?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:10 am
Invictus_88
whapcapn

Focus are old, we have them on vinyl. Hocus Pocus, wasn't it?

Hoyes, with the yodelling. Hocus Pocus is a bit of a freak song, actually. Most of their music doesn't really sound like that. They have a very idiosyncratic sound, with their very melodic use of guitar, and Thijs Van Leer's charachteristic Hammond, flute and use of his voice.

Thijs Van Leer founded the band. The other key member was the legendary guitarist Jan Akkerman. There was also a bassist and drummer, although I can't recall their names right now. The band then split up when the musical egos of Thijs and Jan proved incompatible, and the baand went through various different formations before a long period of inactivity. Then, in 2004 the band re-forged itself with all new members apart from Thijs Van Leer. As far as I know, they're still touring. Unfortunately, they mainly play in Amsterdam, as I believe. Their new members are Bobby Jacoms (bass), Bett Schmark (sp?) (drums); and their new guitarist, Jan Dumee. He must be damn good, because my uncle, a very good guitarist and a huge fan of jan Akkerman, didn'r realise it wasn't Jan Akkerman playing on the 2004 cd I have.

That information was probably of absolutely no interest to anyone, but hey.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:50 pm
whapcapn

Yes. If you look on my journal, they're on my list of musical fabulousness.
My dad has a CD of theirs, you see. And I borrow his CD's occasionally.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:59 pm
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Wiggster
Black Sabbath or Idlewild?
Black Sabbath rock, Idlewild just arent famous or legend material.

I am truly getting pissed off with you Stewart. Therefore I have taken the decision to delete most of the irrelevant posts you make / have made in my guild. stare

Now thats a little immature, isn't it? He's allowed to speak his opinion.

Another new hat, I see?

Not when you see the amount of one-worded comments he spews. Plus he's my mate - he knows I only do it to tease him...

Yes, I prefer white - it tones well with the solar cloak ensemble I have in the pipeline...

Fair enough then.  

Ph_ish

fwikin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:40 am
blaugh THE EELS!!! they are great,
(first post with new hair) heehee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:30 am
fwikin

The who?

The Who are probably better..

Invictus_88
Captain

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:45 am
LED ZEPPELIN!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:15 pm
Invictus_88
fwikin

The who?

Oh harhar. wink

Behind Blue Eyes is on most of my favourite playlists. My avatar is listening to the Beatles right now, though.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:46 pm
Foetus In Fetu
Invictus_88
fwikin

The who?

Oh harhar. wink

Behind Blue Eyes is on most of my favourite playlists. My avatar is listening to the Beatles right now, though.

Beats the Limp Bizkit version.. (It was them, wasn't it?)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:09 pm
and_solo_said
LED ZEPPELIN!!!!!!!!

Yey! whee

Another dad-CD-borrowing crime there... although 'how the west was won' is actually -mine-.  

Ph_ish

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:18 pm
Invictus_88

Beats the Limp Bizkit version.. (It was them, wasn't it?)

*Shuddering fit*

Take the original classic song. Remove the legendary frontman, and replace him with a harp seal in a baseball cap. Remove any sense of progression from the song. Remove the great musical climax, and replace with half-hearted DJ effects.

Release, make money, make me unconsciously reach for pointy things.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:19 pm
Immigrant song is the best.....Or stairway to heavanHow the west was won rocks, they are so much better live.....Did you hear 50 cent is going to call his album 'How The West Was Won'? BLOODY CHAV!!!! SACRILAGE!!!! SACRILAGE I SAY!!!!!!!!  

and_solo_said

fwikin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:35 pm
and_solo_said
Immigrant song is the best.....Or stairway to heavanHow the west was won rocks, they are so much better live.....Did you hear 50 cent is going to call his album 'How The West Was Won'? BLOODY CHAV!!!! SACRILAGE!!!! SACRILAGE I SAY!!!!!!!!

The immigrant song does rock, but i am telling you, (and francis you have heard them before) the Eels are really good, especially the album called Beautiful Freak!  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games