Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Comedy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:36 am
ice_illusion
Anyone watch The IT Crowd? It's by the sam people as Father Ted. I've only seen two episodes but it is worth the effort of watching tv.

Doesn't that have something to do with Chris Morris?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:43 am
Lady of Spain
ice_illusion
Anyone watch The IT Crowd? It's by the sam people as Father Ted. I've only seen two episodes but it is worth the effort of watching tv.

That annoys me. I've a friend called Chris Morris, it doesn't sit easily on the brain when there's someone else I know by name but not by face in the public eye with the same name.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:13 am
Invictus_88
Lady of Spain
ice_illusion

That annoys me. I've a friend called Chris Morris, it doesn't sit easily on the brain when there's someone else I know by name but not by face in the public eye with the same name.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well, that's Chris Morris. A very brilliant man indeed.

<3  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:38 am
Lady of Spain
Invictus_88
Lady of Spain
ice_illusion

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well, that's Chris Morris. A very brilliant man indeed.

<3

Having just hunted down his Wikipedia page, I'm amazed I don't know more about him.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:36 am
Invictus_88
Lady of Spain
ice_illusion

Theres someone called Chris Morris in the year above me.
Must be a commen name.

Although it isn't as annoying/scary as the road safety advert that says "It was a dark night and Sue Bell was late to meet her friends at the cinema *crashing noise* Now shes the late Sue Bell"
That always gets me, I hope she doesn't go and die in any traffic accidents.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:03 pm
ice_illusion
Masada
ice_illusion

I want to it looks funny but I keep forgeting it is on. What time and day is it on again?

Either Friday or Saturday night.After 10.
I can't really remember.

Its tonight (Friday) at half past 9 on channel 4.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Hawkeye-iow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:33 am
Blackadder is amazing. The young Ones are amazing aswell  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:42 am
My girlfriend can quote great swathes of Blackadder, more I don't doubt than Stephen Fry or Atkinson can.

The Young Ones! I'm not sure anyone has mentioned that yet, those shows were mad. Utterly mad, I haven't seen any for a while which is a shame.

Very quite different sorts of comedy, but they certainly overlap.

Invictus_88
Captain

Rev.Matt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:24 am
Come with me now on a journey through time and space, to the world of the mighty boosh.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:29 am
they once did a fantastic university challenge spoof (I think it must have been a charity thing) with the young ones against basically the lot that came out of footlights.

Jeremy Paxman was giving out points "because I know your father"

The young ones gave me a secret but still burning desire to smash my head through a pane of fake glass, just once. One day..one day it will happen.  

ficklefiend
Crew

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:40 am
I love The Young Ones! xd heart I had an animation of them in my sig a few weeks ago... I might put it back actually, it was great lol. (edit: it's back) I recently watched both the series on DVD and loved it. When you first start watching it you're like " eek what the hell?!" but then when you get into it, it's hilarious xp My fave episode is the one where Alexei Sale is a vampire, and The Damned are in it 3nodding I'm also a huge fan of Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Dinnerladies.. and I'm prob forgetting loads..  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:18 am
Ah, the Young Ones! I absolutely adore it, but none of my friends seem to find it funny. Fools that they are.
I haven't seen series two, sadly, so my favourite episode so far is Bomb, especially when Neil makes the fallout shelter and starts painting himself white. Any instances of Rick's poetry are also wonderful.  

Spatterdash

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:44 am
haha the poem about Cliff in the first episode whee And Ben Elton in "nozin around" rofl cracks me up... You gotta see the second series, in my opinion it's even funnier than the first xd You heard Livin Doll? rofl heart

oh and I forget to mention Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps!! I love that show so much whee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:52 pm
Young Ones is one of my favorite series. Anytime Vyvan makes a 'smashing' entrance or Rik makes a dumb joke is great to me. I loved that whole Halloween episode the most probably. I'm also addicted to Bottom as well. Other favorites include Monty Python, Absolutely Fabulous, original Whose Line Is It Anyway, Mr. Bean, Blackadder, Red Dwarf, French & Saunders, The Comic Strip Presents..., Fawlty Towers and Benny Hill are some of my favorites.  

dExtrosien

Iggy The Balrog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:15 am
Red Dwarf = <3  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games