Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King Kento

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:59 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]
Mat
well damn I wasent able to sneak in any other games. But maybe on the 15th I will pick up World in Conflict

Do you mean "sneak" as in shoplift?
Are you accusing a man who has fought for two years in Iraq of shoplifting? Shame on you! talk2hand

Though I think it was obvious he didnt mean shoplifting, a military career doesnt mean s**t when it comes to whether someone would commit a crime or not.

Either way "sneak IN" shouldve been a clue as to what he meant, sanity.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:29 pm
King Kento
Kaori Kapoigne
[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]
Mat
well damn I wasent able to sneak in any other games. But maybe on the 15th I will pick up World in Conflict

Do you mean "sneak" as in shoplift?
Are you accusing a man who has fought for two years in Iraq of shoplifting? Shame on you! talk2hand

Though I think it was obvious he didnt mean shoplifting, a military career doesnt mean s**t when it comes to whether someone would commit a crime or not.

Either way "sneak IN" shouldve been a clue as to what he meant, sanity.

You could say "I couldn't sneak in any more games into my shopping cart" or "I couldn't sneak in any under my jacket". And while I wasn't "accusing", I was generally inquiring. Using the word "sneak" when referring to shopping doesn't paint me the picture that he's hiding something from his spouse. The situation wasn't clearly explained in the first place, so which am I going to think: the definition of the word "sneak" in context, or the plight of a underprivileged hubby?
"I took some sandwiches at the grocery store" could mean he ate two without buying them, bought them first, or got them off a free sample cart.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:14 pm
accutally I had said "Sneak more into the cart" A little while ago. And then the more recent sneak was in reference to that sneak  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:18 pm
[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

You could say "I couldn't sneak in any more games into my shopping cart" or "I couldn't sneak in any under my jacket". And while I wasn't "accusing", I was generally inquiring. Using the word "sneak" when referring to shopping doesn't paint me the picture that he's hiding something from his spouse. The situation wasn't clearly explained in the first place, so which am I going to think: the definition of the word "sneak" in context, or the plight of a underprivileged hubby?
"I took some sandwiches at the grocery store" could mean he ate two without buying them, bought them first, or got them off a free sample cart.

I didnt say you were accusing. I took it the way he meant it the first time. However they may have to do with the fact that I live with a significant other, and most people I know are married, and so its a rather normal sentiment.

"well damn I wasent able to sneak in any other games." Yes he couldve added, "into my jacket" or some such, but he didnt, so that mightve been a clue. And "sneak in" is very different from the way youre using "take". Most people, if they were going to use "sneak" in reference to shoplifting, wouldve said "snuck out".

Either way, you got it wrong, you were corrected, and I tired to give you a tip on language comprehension for the future. So Im not sure why youre arguing.

King Kento

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:54 pm
King Kento
[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

I didnt say you were accusing. I took it the way he meant it the first time. However they may have to do with the fact that I live with a significant other, and most people I know are married, and so its a rather normal sentiment.

"well damn I wasent able to sneak in any other games." Yes he couldve added, "into my jacket" or some such, but he didnt, so that mightve been a clue. And "sneak in" is very different from the way youre using "take". Most people, if they were going to use "sneak" in reference to shoplifting, wouldve said "snuck out".

Either way, you got it wrong, you were corrected, and I tired to give you a tip on language comprehension for the future. So Im not sure why youre arguing.

It was Kaori who said I was accusing, that was not directed at you.
And yes I stand corrected, so let's get back to the original topic.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:32 pm
[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]
Of what, you accusing Mat of shoplifting? I dont' see what you're getting at. confused  

Xenos Mortium

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:07 am
Xenos Mortium
[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]
Of what, you accusing Mat of shoplifting? I dont' see what you're getting at. confused
I think I can accuse him of a thing or two while we're at it rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:40 pm
Got my copy of Brawl. Somebody god, please play me on WiFi.

PS: If you normally have problems with lag, turn off your computer.  

Fogcutter

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:11 am
If I could afford it I'd already have Brawl. As it stands, though, I don't have much money to spare.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:52 am
I'll have to wait until June for it to be released around here sadly.

Army of Two is good, but really short so you and a buddy can just coast through it in no time at all. The coop mechanics are well done though, especially the ability to play air guitar with your buddy mid battle.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:14 am
Hot damn. My mom loaned me a bit of money and I was able to pick up Brawl. Just give me a day or so and I'll get most of the characters unlocked.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:52 pm
The release of Brawl might make me some money, seeing that people are looking to buy original Gamecube controllers, of which I have 3.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Fogcutter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:05 pm
So I beat the Subspace Emissary, and I got Toon Link unlocked.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:46 pm
Yeah. I wasn't able to do much on Brawl yet. However, I've discovered that Metaknight is loads of fun. The fact that he can fly, has high strength attacks, and massive recovery skills, I like him. That and the fact that his attacks look awesome. Nothing like the flashing seemingly warping blade.

Wait a second. Warping sword...phase sword...

Oh s**t. Metaknight is secretly a Callidus.
((Terribly sorry for drawing that connection.))

Wow. How long exactly IS Subspace Emissary?  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games