Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-A M P-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:53 pm
If they allow them for pets, might as well allow them for summons too.

Though, some might not be applicable, like one requireing the use of AP/MP.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:54 pm
-A M P-
l.a.v.
-A M P-
My initial reaction is no to everything.

Does a pet gain CP at the end of a dungeon? No...
So I don't think they should benifet from any org skills.

Though I may change my mind on this, this is just my initial reaction.

That might be a way for characters to abuse the Org. System though... They can now make stuff from two orgs, instead of the one, which I view as the biggest plus in being in a org.

AMP, that doesn't make sense. Even if a pet only gets to use CP gained by his master, his master can still choose to spend it on organization abilities for the pet rather than themselves. After all, one of the perks of having a pet is being able to train it.

Though I'll say again (as Gladiators also said), pets should by default be associated with the organization of their master.

Ok well org skills, ok, it is the masters CP being spent on them.
I was more so in disagrence with the whole pet joining a dif org.

Eh. Scratch what I said earlier and re-read my post - I got myself confused & had to fix it. You can't spend character CP on a pet, that's the whole point of Divine Ramuna...but if you go on special guild quests for training your pet to GET Divine Ramuna (ooh! special Beast Master's Quest!)...  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:58 pm
((Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Rather then making a new pet each time you get another rank of tamer, members of the beast masters should be able to level there pets as well.))  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:03 pm
Also, if people are worried about players abusing the Organization system, we can simply make a ruling that players cannot learn abilities from more than one organization at once, period. So even if their summon, pet, voodoo doll or what-have-you is somehow miraculously in another organization, they still can't learn abilities from it.  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:40 pm
Master of Gladiators
One other thing that came up briefly and was sort of resolved but not really; spending CP on Organization Abilities. It has been suggested that you can only spend CP you earned on Organization Quests; I think this is a bit bogus. Earning CP is hard enough without being forced to go on special quests to get the abilities you joined the Organization for in the first place. So can we say that you can spend CP on whatever Ability you have access to, regardless of it's location?

And keep the pet/master together. It just seems right. And they should have the same access to the abilities that their master has access to. It's his CP being spent after all. And Divine Ramuna... Quest Item.

Hmmm here are my feelings on the whole organizational CP. If people want to spend their normal CP on organizational abilities I don’t see a problem with it. However I think CP earned through organizational quests should only be spendable on organizational abilities.

My reasons for this are a lot the abilities offered by the organizations are nifty situational things. However, they are not nearly as useful if you spent those points buffing your actual attack or a stat you will be using in every fight. Having cp earned through organizational quests only spent on organizational abilities should encourage these abilities actually being used. However like I said I think CP earned through normal quests should be spendable on organizational abilities as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:45 pm
Still, an organization quest might be as long as a regular quest? Shouldn't CP just be CP and be able to be used on anything they want?  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:05 pm
An Organizational quest can probably be done at the same time as a normal quest, which is why I believe they were supose to have a different kind of cp. if the rewards where the same then you would only be able to do one at the time. This is the reason why mini games don't give cp and you can do as many of the mas you want.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:40 pm
When someone joins their first organization, do you think they should be allowed to relocate up to three CP (even if it means taking away a 3CP or less ability) to distribute them for an organization ability or should they wait to get their first organization ability?  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

cat_girl_nukunuku

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:21 pm
Here is the current finalized information list for the organizations. This is subject to change but I would like to go ahead and get the ball rolling on this. We can continue to debate it and change things as necessary.

A character can only be part of one organization at a time.
It is very difficult but possible to leave an organization, leaving is done by a special quest ran by a DM.
If you leave an organization you can keep your abilities gained while in it but cannot purchase new ones from the old organization (you can continue to invest in abilities that can have multiple points invested since you already know the base ability, kind of like how you don’t have to get a new AP Tamer to get a second CP in it because you already have the ability
Your pet is automatically considered to be in the same organization you are in.
Your pet can buy any abilities that you have available to you when they get CP from a divine ramuna.
Organization quests count as a quest and give the normal reward of 2 to 3 CP for completion (this means that you can only be in one organization quest or a regular quest at any given time). you can spend the CP gained from organization quests on anything you wish.
A summon or transformation can have any abilities that the character has available as long as the ability does not require the use of MP or AP.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:43 pm
Nuku's post looks good to me. I definitely like the idea of being able to spend regular CP on organization abilities and vice versa. CP is hard enough to come by; restrictions would be...annoying.  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:09 pm
All the base organizations are posted, should the special ones be added to the subforum as well. For ease of reference I would say yes personally.

Fury I would like you to put together the “current organizations their sects and members thread” (you can rename that) since you did such a good job with the DM one.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:17 pm
Alright. I would also like to edit the existing Organization thread in the System Rules subforum and change it to Special Abilities, so we can have a centralized ability thread. Is that alright?

And I think for the purposes of a centralized list, all organizations should be shown on that particular thread.  

Master of Gladiators

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:18 pm
I'm not sure if the special ones should be added there. It probably would make it easier, so I vote yes on putting the special organizations in the organization subforum! ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:58 pm
Master of Gladiators
Alright. I would also like to edit the existing Organization thread in the System Rules subforum and change it to Special Abilities, so we can have a centralized ability thread. Is that alright?

And I think for the purposes of a centralized list, all organizations should be shown on that particular thread.

I agree and I will make more threads for that purpose tomorrow, and yes you have my permission to change the current org thread.  

cat_girl_nukunuku

Menvra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:17 pm
hmm I was looking at the council badge. Does that ability count as a stun effect? Or is it hands down one blocked attack on bosses, players, etc. If so this a free unstoppable (save for the action I haven't implemented yet) pounce. Is this the intention of the item? Also since it is described as negating the attack rather than blocking it does it stop smash as well?  
RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games