Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplaying
The Hunted Desire (Accepting Profiles now) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think werewolves exisit?
  Hell yeah they do!
  No...
  Are you kidding? I'm one of them!
View Results

Gail Akriest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:25 pm
Akiera glanced down at the loose floorboard, Afraid of the sound. Dear gods, if she knows I'm here, She'll kill Tala outright... He could only pray that the girl thought it was a mouse or something. if not... Plan B; rush in, disarm her and Tala, and try very hard not to hurt anyone. It was a crecent moon, and even a crecent gave Akiera some power, more than the rest of his kind.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:00 pm
Tala quickly responded by grabbing the dirk off the table but Lucia was quicker.She pulled open the door and as Akiera stumbled at the sudden movement she pulled out one of her guns and pointed it at him.
"Get in." She spoke sharply.
Tala stood, frozen. She knew Akiera was the closest friend she had.. she couldn't let Lucia hurt him. She pulled the dirk slightly out of it's sheath. The blade was decorated with vines and flowers, leaves and mystical looking inscriptions. She closed her eyes in concentration. A slight light seemed to dance on the blade before she pulled it out completely. There was anger for the first time in Tala's eyes. "Let him go, Lucia. Put your gun away, and walk out that door and leave us in peace. He's not yours to fight with, and neither am I. You know the rhymes and rythms, and it's not the time. Leave." She paused for breath. "Now."  

Squiggle~Me`Penguins

Cabochon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:57 pm
Kat’s smile faltered at his confused expression. Oh damn, I probably shouldn’t have said that… she thought to herself. I thought he was being serious… maybe I’m just becoming too trusting, too vulnerable.

She blushed, rubbing the back of her head. “Heh, sorry about that. Now you probably think I’m some kind of stalker slut.” She was embarrassed, now scolding herself for being so upright.

“This is all new to me as well… I’ve never been a serious relationship before—“ She cut herself off, blushing a deeper shade of crimson. She felt like banging her head against the bathroom wall.

She resolved to just stop talking all together.

Still, in an attempt to regain her composure, she managed to say, “Sorry… I’ve always had trouble separating jokes from reality…” She too, looked down at her scuffed black boots, contemplating if she had indeed just screwed up her chances.

Bashful, Kat looked up to meet his eyes. “Amazing? You must have a different definition of amazing than I do, because I see myself as quite the contrary.”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:47 am
Nich looked at her.... "Of course your amazing. Beleive it or not i used to kick a little a** at living life, and i was never surprised... ever until a few hours ago. Ive traveled more in a few years than most ever will, and of all the girls ive met along the way, there is no doubt in my mind, that you are the most amazing."

He sighed and crossed the small room. Wrapping his arms around her waist he pulled her close.

"Kat... if i were to write a book on my exploits, the chapter on my happiness would have yur name. So relax, by no means have you offended me at all. In fact i beleive it my stake to apologize to you for making you feel that you did."

He held her still closer. He had to do something, or she was going to become deppressed at a foolish misunderstanding. He didnt even care, she seemed so bent on changing herself for him, but the truth was that she smelled like the forest, and she dressed like a vagrant, and both of these things he loved.

He softened his tone and said in a quiet and whispish yet commanding tone, "You said that youd never been in a serious relationship before? I geuss, that leaves me free to make a few assumptions."  

Noltic

Cabochon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:59 pm
Kat was nonplussed. I felt something when I first saw him. I thought it was hate… or maybe even fear. Now I realize it. It’s been years but… could I finally feel this way about someone? Because, somehow, he sees something in me. He’s making me see things in myself that I’ve never seen before. Finally, I accept who I am.

She spoke, her voice soft from trying to keep it from quivering. “I traveled in circles for most of my life, not knowing where to go, staying away from people… anything. Anybody who I met I was very hostile towards.”

She shivered at his touch, for it was just as shocking as before. “You have no need to apologize. You’ve done everything I could never have done. You’ve repaired my broken life. And… you’ve made me feel like someone cares about me… something I haven’t known in a long while.”

She rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes, suddenly feeling very tired. “I used to be a hardened outlaw.. but you've broken me down. And I bet you can guess how I feel." She sighed and opened her eyes, looking right into Nich's.

"Nich... I don't know what it is about you... but something just draws me to you." She smiled a little. "Call it crazy, call it a whim, call it whatever you want. But I'll call it love."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:04 am
Love... He'd never used that word in his life. Sure he'd said he loved his mum and dad when he was young, but the feeling quit his design after he figured out that he took second place to his little sister just because she was weak. Theyd made him into a hard and disagreeable person, and thats when he had quit feeling love.

Now though, Now... he wasnt sure what he felt. A physical manifestation of his nervousness. It was like a chill rising through his insides, and her saying that, it had meant so much to him.

He felt her pulse next to him, and it was slow. She needed rest. He swept her into his arms and carried her to her bed.

Sitting down beside her he looked into her eyes and smiled.

"I can't explain how i feel, iv never been good with that kind of thing. Though id have to say, since ive been near you i feel like all my stress has dissappeared. Kat, i just want you to know what your getting into."

He cared about her so much that he couldnt do it, he couldnt let hewr get so attached to him when he was so cold, so calculative, so unable to love. He didnt know what this feeling was, but he couldnt take the risk, he couldnt risk hurting her.

"Kat, Im a wretch, and i dont think that you should put so much faith in me," His stutter returned and so did the shake in his hand as he ran it through her hair,"I-I care about you t-t-too much to let you waste away whi-with me."  

Noltic

Gail Akriest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:44 pm
Akiera glanced at Tala, giving a slight nod to her. He was taking this under his control, to make sure it worked out the best for everyone. He closed his eyes and walked calmly into the room, hands low, and focused his might into his legs. I need to disarm her... Even if she's a hunter, or anything close to it, I should be able to disarm her. For once in his life, he thanked whatever gods were watching for the odd lycanthropy. Tala... I'm sorry, but no matter what you say afterwards, a dirk won't be able to counteract a gun. this is the only choice. He stepped again and pretended to stumble, bringing him within his range. He turned the stumble into a swift forward dash and brought his knee up into the crazy hunter-girls gut, turned swiftly, and snapped the hand holding the gun between his wrists, effectivelly disarming her. Then, before she could use the knife, he rolled away from her, kicking the gun out the door on his way. He turned back to the two girls, sweating. "Oh, man, I wish it was a half moon..." He muttered. He dropped to one knee out of weakness, but knew that Tala could take it from here. Fortunately. He barely had enough energy to block a strike, should it come to that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:06 am
Lucia calmly examined her wrist. "Broken." She spoke smoothly without pain. "Well good sir" She bowed to Akiera. "You have succeeded in disarming me. Think yourself lucky that you have achieved this, but unlucky that you did not check for a second gun." Her left hand shot unexpectedly for her leg and she pulled out a small silver pistol. She aimed it straight at Akiera, who lay near her feet. She suddenly felt something cold at the back of her neck, and she started to turn her head. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Tala's eyes blazed as brightly as the inscriptions on the sword, which seemed to shine with light. "We're even now. I've hurt you and you've hurt my friend. Now do as I say." Tala's hand moved, and the dirk cut deeply across the hand holding the gun, making her drop it and gasp in pain. "Leave!"Lucia felt too much pain to resist this command, but she glared at her twin sister, almost identical to her. "I'll find you again, Tala. We both have blame to share." She walked out the door, picking up the gun Akiera had kicked away and leaving the silver gun on the floor close to the desk.
Tala breathed a sigh of relief before kneeling down to Akiera. "Are you alright?"

Squiggle~Me`Penguins

Gail Akriest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:17 pm
Akiera, watching the girl go, nodded. "About as well as can be..." He said, and tried to stand. His knees buckled. "Ah, damn..." He muttered. He glanced up at Tala. "Um... do you think you could lend me your shoulder?" He asked. "I've used up to much strength." He said, a little embarrassed. "I know I shouldn't have tried that, but..." He shrugged. Everyone's alive. that's what counts.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:02 pm
Kat felt a twang in her heart. Was it right to say that? I fear that I may have lost him…

She was jerked out of her thoughts by the softness of the bed. It seemed like forever that she had been so comfortable. She looked up at Nich, silently thanking him with a warm and weary smile as she listened to him.

“Nich… I don’t care what I’m getting into as long as I’m with you. I feel like, with you, I can face anything. You strengthen me.” Again, as she had done many times before, she shivered at his touch, for it seemed so unreal.

“You’ve done so much for me…” she said. “If I did not have so much faith in you so, I would not have trusted you with my life. You could have easily let me slip and die, but you didn’t. Instead you saved me from being lost in a world I so desired to be free from. I know you suffer from the same ailment that I did and I intend to do you the same favor.”

She grimaced, staring with determination into his eyes, though it hurt to see his pain. “I will free you from the darkness.”

She was so tired, yet she resisted the urge to sleep. I can’t sleep now… I need to explain… Her thoughts became steadily blurred as she slowly began to loose consciousness. “It may not make sense to you Nich, but—“ Kat’s eyes flickered, dragging her to sleep. “—I would stay with you until the very end. I would hold on to you so the devil himself would have no choice but to drag both of us down.”

And with that, each muscle in her body relaxed and she fell asleep.

Cabochon

Noltic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:22 pm
Nich shook her her shoulders softly.

"Kat... you cant fall asleep, its against the rules. The hormone will cause you to hane night terrors, and most probably drive you mad. I dont think that I could let that happen."

Nich ran his fingers through her hair, and then he swung his feet onto the bed and kicked his boots off. "When i said relax, that didnt mean fall asleep, youve got a little longer to go."

He thought deeply about what she said, and he was purposefully avoiding it.He had no idea what to say. His entire life he'd been the leader, and there was never anyone there to help him.

"Once, when i was younger, i sank into chronic deppression. The only thing that saved me was my own will... no one cared. Your the first person kat who has ever even admitted to that. Im at a loss for words. I... just wish that i could be a better person for you."

He said all of this as he stared at the ceilng.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:26 pm
((damn it, sorry, I forgot she couldn't fall asleep sweatdrop ))

"Mmm?" Kat opened one eyes to look at him. "Oh yeah... right." Opening both eyes, she paused for a moment, and then rested her head on his shoulder. "How much longer?" She asked, also hoping to change the subject.

She longed for an answer, but couldn't help but to wonder what he was thinking. She sincerely hoped she was right to tell him how she felt. It's a big step... maybe taken too soon. she thought to herself. I may have ruined all we had... though it wasn't much to begin with.

Her mind began to stray into self-destruction again. She criticized herself for being so naive and cursing herself for straying what she once promised herself a long time ago.

That night, long ago, everything had just washed away because of trust. Maybe it was time to give trust a second, and last chance.

“But can’t you see Nich? You are a good person, you just deny it because… well, when you have been a good person, no one noticed. One of the most important things a parent can do is encourage their child, no matter what. Without praise or motivation.. well, I guess one could loose their will to live. And that starts at a very early age.”

Cabochon

Noltic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:45 pm
Nich sighed. She had unwaivering faith in him, and her insistance on it was begginning to make him beleive it.

His face suddenly hardened into a determined grimace, and he decided. He decided that whether he was or wasnt a good person, thats what this girl deserved, and considering she wasnt giving up on him, he was just going to have to rise to the occasion. He was going to have to be that good person.

"Allright, I'll do it... for you, ill be here for you... if not forever, then at the least until the day when i am no longer needed."

The stalwart and noble tone in which he said this was far from comforting. So to banish any discontent illusions from her mind, he bent down and kissed her softly on the cheek and whispered into her ear,"So be not thine soul uneasy... relax."

He then stood and scratched his beard. Then he came to a realization. After 2 years of traveling alone with only passing company, he had no reason to worry how he looked. Now however he had someone to impress.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:52 am
"It's a good thing you did, I couldn't have done it without you I don't think." She smiled and offered her shoulder for him to rest on.  

Squiggle~Me`Penguins

Gail Akriest

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:45 pm
Akiera smiled lightly and grunted in pain and exhaustion, pulling himself up to lean on her shoulder. "Thanks... Um..." He couldn't think of what else to say. The close proximity of their bodies seemed to steal the words from his throat. He felt his neck and face grow hot as he blushed violently. "Um..."  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games