Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
--- C H A T B O X --- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 ... 2614 2615 2616 2617 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:31 am
Macabre_Cogitation
Oh, and I will agree, Koontz's version of Frankenstein is much better!
I am waiting for the third one now...they are really good.

I want to read his new one, The Husband...so, I am going to mow me grandma's lawn today so I can buy it.

Koontz has gotten repetitive. He uses too many of the same themes and plot devices. I think if he does not find something new, he will probably slow down his writing, maybe even stop.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:32 am
IY_and_MCR
While I don't take long to read depending I am no match for what was discribed by Macabre.

I used to be able to read a lot faster, but I seem to effectively get dumber as time passes.

Random:
I can not get Destiny's Child to stop playing in my head.
This makes me sad.

You're so crazy

I doubt you are getting dumber, but you may not be using your brain enough. Like anything else, it can atrophy. Regular exercise for it is important if you want to have good mental abilities as you get older. It is especially important in people who are still developing (younger people).

And, i hate that band.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:35 am
zz1000zz
IY_and_MCR
zz1000zz
Now i remember! The movie was House of Frakenstein. No real actors, though people who are nerds like me may remember Adrian Pasdar (he is the cop in this) from Top Gun (he was Chipper in it).

I think i may know everything, but just am not able to remember it all.

It would be both cool and horrible to know everything, but be unable to remember any of it. Allthough, if unable to remember any of it you'd have no way of knowing how much you accualy knew.
Things that didn't need to be said, but are now anyway because I seem to be rambling.

And I shall attempt to find the movie.
It has intruiged me.

Take your hatered out on me

The movie was not that great (it was made for TV), but for what it is, i thought they did a great job.

As for the rest, meh. I know i know too much. I also know i know some things that i really would be best not knowing. The problem is that i know that i need to know what i know, but i do not know why. And you thought you were rambling.

I remember that Truman Capote supposedly had a 94% recall rate. It was said he could read a page one time, then recite it word for word. For me, imagine this. Every time you read something, every time you hear words or music, every time you think a thought, it gets put in a file. The file is in no particular order, and new data is put into it randomly.

That is roughly how i believe my brain works. Given enough time, i should be able to recall anything and everything i have ever read. Scary idea really.

On the other hand, there is another possibility i have to consider. It is possible i am insane, and i am not really that good.

Your brain works EXACTLY like mine.
But I can see the words move around in the air, much like an invisible book floating around in front of me, where I constantly add more to it.

I can recall the most random information at the oddest of times.
Such as when my friend said, "Pie tastes better than apples."
I told him a story about this guy who chocked on an apple I read in the newspapar 5 years ago.

Yep yep yep.
I can't recall at that accuracy, but my brain instantly makes interwebbing connections of words to create a memorable condensed version of the materials.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:38 am
zz1000zz
Macabre_Cogitation

I want to read his new one, The Husband...so, I am going to mow me grandma's lawn today so I can buy it.

Koontz has gotten repetitive. He uses too many of the same themes and plot devices. I think if he does not find something new, he will probably slow down his writing, maybe even stop.

Yeah, I've noticed that as well.

Often, the publishers just release his older works with newer covers, making it seem he is re-writting stuff...
but, he is re doing older works...oh well.
I love his writing style.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:41 am
Similar? Maybe. Exactly alike? Not a chance.

For one, i do not unconsciously recall anything. My brain makes no connections for me, and when i remember something it is because i am trying. What i do is physiologically similar to photographic memory. The difference is that is for aural, not optical information.

An odd bit is that i lack many optical functions in my brain that other people have. The best explanation i have heard so far is that i was born with something missing in the visual field (actually with my sense of taste and smell as well), so i compensated by becoming highly attuned to aural data.

If so, it definitely helps that i am a music fanatic and spend most of the time with my eyes closed.

P.S. I still favor the insane angle. It is much simpler and would cause fewer problems.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:42 am
zz1000zz
IY_and_MCR
While I don't take long to read depending I am no match for what was discribed by Macabre.

I used to be able to read a lot faster, but I seem to effectively get dumber as time passes.

Random:
This makes me sad.

You're so crazy

I doubt you are getting dumber, but you may not be using your brain enough. Like anything else, it can atrophy. Regular exercise for it is important if you want to have good mental abilities as you get older. It is especially important in people who are still developing (younger people).

And, i hate that band.

Yeah, I belive the slowing was a result of last summer. Thinking a lot about nothing, sleeping at abnormal hours, not eating, and drinking a whole lot. Nothing else.

Not the great for the mind or body in general.

You're a regular decorated emergancy  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:44 am
Macabre_Cogitation
zz1000zz
Macabre_Cogitation

Often, the publishers just release his older works with newer covers, making it seem he is re-writting stuff...

Of all the popular writers nowadays, he is the best at writing beginnings. I mean, the first hundred pages of Dragon Tears were awesome. At the same time, i think Stephen King is the best at endings (though there have been a few dissapointments).

Just imagine, a book with Dean Koontz writing the beginning, Stephen King writing the end... And quite frankly, who cares about the middle?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:46 am
IY_and_MCR
zz1000zz
IY_and_MCR

Random:
This makes me sad.

You're so crazy

And, i hate that band.

Yeah, I belive the slowing was a result of last summer. Thinking a lot about nothing, sleeping at abnormal hours, not eating, and drinking a whole lot. Nothing else.

Not the great for the mind or body in general.

You're a regular decorated emergancy

Now we know why you are so dull... It is from all that cocaine you were snorting!  

zz1000zz
Crew

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:46 am
zz1000zz
Similar? Maybe. Exactly alike? Not a chance.

For one, i do not unconsciously recall anything. My brain makes no connections for me, and when i remember something it is because i am trying. What i do is physiologically similar to photographic memory. The difference is that is for aural, not optical information.

An odd bit is that i lack many optical functions in my brain that other people have. The best explanation i have heard so far is that i was born with something missing in the visual field (actually with my sense of taste and smell as well), so i compensated by becoming highly attuned to aural data.

If so, it definitely helps that i am a music fanatic and spend most of the time with my eyes closed.

P.S. I still favor the insane angle. It is much simpler and would cause fewer problems.

Ah, I once read about a man who was utterly blind, but coudl "see" colors while listening to music.

While, as my eyes are getting worse year to year, I have an EXTREMELY hightened sense of taste, smell, and hearing.
I can hear people whispering from 30 feet away, in a room of 30 people all talking. Including me.
I once smelled a grilled cheese sandwhich, from 500 feet away at school, during lunch.
I could taste the sandwhich too.....

Yep.
My brain just constantly works on making inner connections with words.
Such as my friend's name, James, is Samej backwards, which sounds like Sammich, which tastes good, so remember James is good to be around, and/or eat.

But, I have music always in my head. It's like,a constant preview radio station, where you hear a track for 30 seconds, then it changes.
Yet, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is ALWAYS in my head.
Luckily, techno streams well together and provides my brain with stability.
And I also favor the insane angle for my neural capacity as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:48 am
Sounds like fun!

And the blind man has synesthesia.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:48 am
zz1000zz
Macabre_Cogitation
zz1000zz
Macabre_Cogitation

Of all the popular writers nowadays, he is the best at writing beginnings. I mean, the first hundred pages of Dragon Tears were awesome. At the same time, i think Stephen King is the best at endings (though there have been a few dissapointments).

Just imagine, a book with Dean Koontz writing the beginning, Stephen King writing the end... And quite frankly, who cares about the middle?

We should clone Lovecraft and have him write the middle.
Then it would be the best of all worlds.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:49 am
zz1000zz

Now we know why you are so dull... It is from all that cocaine you were snorting!

*shifty eyes*
Me cocaine? Never.

Bone, skin, nails, and flesh  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:50 am
zz1000zz
Sounds like fun!

And the blind man has synthesia.

Ah, why thank you.
Isn't the spelling, synesthesia?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:50 am
IY_and_MCR
zz1000zz

*shifty eyes*
Me cocaine? Never.

Bone, skin, nails, and flesh

Yuh-huh. I can see it on your face. I mean, your nose if practically falling off!  

zz1000zz
Crew

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:51 am
Macabre_Cogitation
zz1000zz
Macabre_Cogitation
zz1000zz
Macabre_Cogitation

We should clone Lovecraft and have him write the middle.
Then it would be the best of all worlds.

Nah. Lovecraft would so not mix with either of the writers. They are too mainstream (sane).  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 ... 2614 2615 2616 2617 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games