Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:04 pm
rmcdra
Quote:
Christianity is NOT rooted in Judaism.

Not a pagan comment per se, but still a comment that just makes me go wtf?

then where did it come from.... jesus christ himself was jewish, or did they miss that day in bible school?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:12 pm
whiporwill-o
rmcdra
Quote:

then where did it come from.... jesus christ himself was jewish, or did they miss that day in bible school?

A person that wishes e were Jewish and will probably never be converted because e can't stay sexually Kosher and e is agnostic about Jesus's Messiah status. So e inability to "get over" Christianity is reflected by trying to distance e's self with Christianity as much as possible. I mean even the reform Jews won't convert e from what I understand o.O.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:19 pm
rmcdra
whiporwill-o
rmcdra
Quote:

A person that wishes e were Jewish and will probably never be converted because e can't stay sexually Kosher and e is agnostic about Jesus's Messiah status. So e inability to "get over" Christianity is reflected by trying to distance e's self with Christianity as much as possible. I mean even the reform Jews won't convert e from what I understand o.O.

it saddens me when people bash, or at least lie to themselves, about the origins of a religion they don't particularly care for, but i've noticed it happens aot when one attempts to or is in process of converting.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:28 pm
whiporwill-o

it saddens me when people bash, or at least lie to themselves, about the origins of a religion they don't particularly care for, but i've noticed it happens aot when one attempts to or is in process of converting.

And what makes it even worse is that it's a clear sign that e's still clinging to Christianity though e wants to break away from it. E's not a stupid person but e's making some very ignorant remarks because of their difficulty in converting.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:37 pm
rmcdra
whiporwill-o

And what makes it even worse is that it's a clear sign that e's still clinging to Christianity though e wants to break away from it. E's not a stupid person but e's making some very ignorant remarks because of their difficulty in converting.

it seems to me that furthuring their own ignorance is not their best option at this point (well, at any point really) but from the little bit that was stated, thay're already showing ignorance of what is required to become jewish seeing that they won't change their ways in order to be acceptable. just my take on it though.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:38 am
rmcdra
whiporwill-o
rmcdra
Quote:

Did this come from a thread other than the 'What Religion did Christianity Stem From' thread? As I had thought that you were talking about a specific person but that person had not posted and made such a claim in the thread.  

Aino Ailill

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:47 am
Aino Ailill
rmcdra
whiporwill-o
rmcdra
Quote:

Did this come from a thread other than the 'What Religion did Christianity Stem From' thread? As I had thought that you were talking about a specific person but that person had not posted and made such a claim in the thread.
Yes it came from a different thread. This was just a small snip from e entire b***h/post about how there are no similarities what so ever between Christianity and Judaism.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:24 am
Quote:
...'the culture of the Gael,' is dead.

Quote:
Gaels are not Celts. Celts originated in Austria, Gaels originated in Ireland. The Celts ruled a lot of Gaul.

ninja  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:51 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
Quote:

Quote:
Gaels are not Celts. Celts originated in Austria, Gaels originated in Ireland. The Celts ruled a lot of Gaul.

ninja

link?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:16 am
CuAnnan
Violet Song jat Shariff
Quote:

Quote:

ninja

link?

Here (ETA: Link removed)
Starts about 5 posts down.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:20 am
Can't reply yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:45 am
Now you can ninja .
I think you were in that guild a long time ago; it used to be called The Druids' Grove.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:55 pm
Quote:
Ásatrú is Ásatrú in Old Norse is an Old Norse compound derived from Áss, which refers to the Æsir, (one of the two families of gods in Norse mythology, the other being the Vanir), and trú, literally "troth" or "faith". Thus, Ásatrú is the "Æsir's faith."
Of course this is the Nordic religion. Many people consider this to be an "new age" religion, but alas we have the runes that belong in our system. We didn't take them like every other new age religion.

Emphasis added mine.

I wonder if he uses the "Odin Rune" . twisted  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:04 pm
Quote:
We all can be here for a long time pointing things out, like how the chruch rewrote the bible 5 times and they left parts out that they didn't like and how they added the 7 sins in 350AD. Many things are mistranslated from hebrew, latin and greek. But stil today they are many mindless idiots that blindly follow millina old lies and their souls shall never find Valhalla.

Oh- and children, no matter if it is right for them or not, should be brought into the Left Hand Path... stare  

TeaDidikai

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:30 pm
TeaDidikai
Quote:
We all can be here for a long time pointing things out, like how the chruch rewrote the bible 5 times and they left parts out that they didn't like and how they added the 7 sins in 350AD. Many things are mistranslated from hebrew, latin and greek. But stil today they are many mindless idiots that blindly follow millina old lies and their souls shall never find Valhalla.

Oh- and children, no matter if it is right for them or not, should be brought into the Left Hand Path... stare

No, no, obviously, everyone should throw off the chains of religious oppression and be atheist. Because all religion is lies and oppression.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games