Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Ravenclaw Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 164 165 166 167 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:06 am
User Image
User Image

w e x d o n ' t x b e l i e v e x w h a t ' s x o n x T V - - -
f i r s t x y e a r x r a v e n c l a w x
q u i d d i t c h x p i t c h
q u i d d i t c h x t e a m
w h a t x n o w

Rhiannon made her way to the quidditch pitch, her heart beating rather quickly. She was very nervous, not that she would really let on. She was worried mostly about what everyone else would think of her ability. She'd only ever played on children's brooms, and to be perfectly candid, they were not the best brooms, or toys for that fact. But, on the same token, she would be playing quidditch and flying for real. And that got her feeling rather excited. Rhiannon filled out the application form and handed it back to the captain with an awkward grin. She stood toward kind of off to the side, she had suddenly become acutely aware that she was the only first year at try outs so far. She wasn't so sure she was going to make the team, particularly because she was pretty unskilled in comparison to everyone else. She tried to shrug away her anxieties, trying her best to look as if she belonged there. Or as if she thought she belonged there.

Position:
AC: 14
Modifiers: +4 AC, +2 stealing.
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe.
Lives: [] [] []

Username: Rawwry
Character's Name: Rhiannon Engels
House: Ravenclaw
Year: First Year
Advanced Flying I: No
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe.
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Keeper

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾- - - - - - - - - - - - a n d x w h a t x w e x w a n t x w e x k n o w x w e x c a n ' t x b e l i e v ex - - - - - - - - - - - -☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:28 am
User Image
                                                I've been long, a long way from here
                                                Put on a poncho, played for mosquitos,
                                                And drank til I was thirsty again
                                                We went searching through thrift store jungles
                                                Found Geronimo's rifle, Marilyn's shampoo
                                                And Benny Goodman's corset and pen

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

ƑƠƲƦƬӇ ƳЄƛƦ || ƦЄƧЄƦƔЄ ƁЄƛƬЄƦ || ƦƛƔЄƝƇԼƛƜ

════════════════════════

Lillith got to the pitch and looked around at everyone present. She felt like she was late to tryouts or something, but she shook it off and grabbed a form to fill out. After filling it out, she gave it back to Nico and started stretching. She couldn't wait for tryouts to start.

Username: Diamond Wales
                                                Character's Name: Lillith Whitethorne
                                                Year: Fourth
                                                Advanced Flying I: Yes
                                                Advanced Flying II: Yes
                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3
                                                Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Dang Healthy
                                                First Choice Position: Beater
                                                Second Choice Position: Reserve Beater

AC: 17
                                                Modifiers: +7 to everything
                                                Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Dang Healthy
                                                Lives: ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
                                                Final Roll: --

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, here's to a good season.
                                                OOC:

-◎-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

You get down, real low down
                                                You listen to Coltrane, derail your own train
                                                Well who hasn't been there before?
                                                I come round, around the hard way
                                                Bring you comics in bed, scrape the mold off the bread
                                                And serve you french toast again

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:35 pm
User Image
                                                  Can't fight the temptation
                                                  When you get the vibration
                                                  Won't do you no good
                                                  Won't do you no good

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

ℛα√εη¢ʟαω || ✞ℌḯя∂ ¥℮αґ || ℝεṧεґ♥ℯ ϟ℮εк℮ґ

════════════════════════

Loke managed to make it to the tryouts, though he was certain he was probably going to be tested. After all, he was one of several people trying out for the seeker position. However, that didn't mean he wasn't still going to try. Giving Nico a wave, he walked over and grabbed up a form to fill out before settling in to fill it out and hand it back in.

Username: Diamond Wales
                                                  Character's Name: Loke Nalson-Lillantine
                                                  Year: Third
                                                  Advanced Flying I: Yes
                                                  Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
                                                  Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
                                                  First Choice Position: Seeker
                                                  Second Choice Position: I'm still holding out for the position of Ravenclaw cheerleader.

AC: 13
                                                  Modifiers: Spotting +4, Catching +4
                                                  Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
                                                  Lives: 🗹 🗹 🗹
                                                  Final Roll: --

-/3 Catch Up
                                                  -/2 Attempts

════════════════════════

Thinking: Fun year for me, especially if they actually do make me a cheerleader.
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And you can tell I got fever
                                                  You try to shake it off, try it all you want
                                                  Won't do you no good
                                                  Said it won't do you no good

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:31 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

second year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club seamstress || Adventurer's Guild monk || Cooking Club pâtissière
Dueling Club minion || Fencing club page || Quidditch reserve beater

Aidene was a little hesitant when Jonah seemed less than happy about the bet things—had she misjudged by telling him? But then he simply whined about someone betting he was getting knocked out. She grinned. ”You’ll find out when you help me win!” she cheered.

He questioned why she’d even be on his side— and ”Why not? Sure I want to save the day but you’re a good player and if I’m betting to win then I’m betting smart.”

Then, as if on cue, Nico called him over. Aidene squinted her eyes at him in playful irritation before fixing her hair. She gave a hearty cheer and fist pump in the air when Nico confirmed her good judgement—Vice Captain! Shiny! Brook and Rion are definitely paying up at the end of term!”

But for now she skipped back to her spot between Brook and Lavinia who’d joined them while she was telling Jonah about the bet on his preferred strategy this year. She hadn't been able to catch up with all her roommates yet and was glad to catch Lavinia at least before tryouts. ”Lavinia! Hike anywhere interesting over the summer? I hiked the 7000 steps of High Hrothgar, walked from Whiterun to Riften, killed a bunch of dragons…serious exercising you know.” She grinned to show she was joking about her video game exercising. ”Nah. I spent most of it training for my next belt and practicing baking. What about you? Do anything interesting?”

User Image User Image User Image

I'm a picture perfect face
With that wild in my veins
You can hear it in my
Growl, growl, growl, growl

~"Pop/Stars" by K/DA (ft. Madison Beer, (G)I-DLE, Jaira Burns) from League of Legends

addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:11 am
User Image

You said, oh girl, it's a cold world
                                        When you keep it all to yourself
                                        I said, you can't hide on the inside
                                        All the pain you've ever felt
                                        Ransom my heart, but baby don't look back
                                        'Cause we got nobody else

Nico chuckled when Jonah seemed beside himself “Hey I don't always catch the snitch and sometimes that makes the game go way too long, you love the game and i think your a good fit.” Jonah mentioned Iggy might be a good choice “He may be a bit too high energy for the spot. Besides i think you got just the right mix for the job”
                                                                            Soon it was time to start nico whistled to get everyone's attention "Hey everyone thanks for coming! My Name is Nico and I'm you captain and Jonah here is your Vice Captain. We got just enough to do a mock game. So Blue team will be Brook and Lavinia for chasers, Benny for keeper and Loke for seeker. Bronze team will be Rhiannon and Iggy for chasers, Canaan for keeper and Sona for seeker. Lillith, Charlotte, Aidene I'll set some targets up for you to smack around. Do about 4 laps and then we can start."]

While everyone did laps Jonah and him got the targets up. Once everyone was ready Nico released the balls and tossed the quaffle to begin tryouts
                                                                            Rawwry

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

murruelecreuset

Graydon Ironshield

Trickblues

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

You know that sometimes, it feels like
                                                                            It's all moving way too fast
                                                                            Use every alibi and words you deny
                                                                            That love ain't meant to last
                                                                            You can cry tough baby, it's all right
                                                                            You can let me down easy, but not tonight

Rawwry rolled 10 10-sided dice: 5, 1, 6, 7, 1, 7, 2, 3, 2, 8 Total: 42 (10-100)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:27 am
User Image
User Image

w h a t x n o w

Rhiannon snapped to attention when an upperclassmen, the captain, introduced himself as Nico and the vice captain as Jonah. As she was placed on a team as a chaser, she glanced down at the old school broom she had in her hand. She could manage to keep up, she'd make sure of that. When the team was released, Rhiannon pushed off the ground and completed her four laps as instructed. And when the quaffle was tossed into the air, Rhiannon shot off like a bottle rocket after it, if she wanted to make an impression, hopefully a good one, she'd have to actually show off her skill, or at the very least, that she was willing to try.

Position: Bronze Chaser
Total Roll: 42

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾- - - - - - - - - - - - a n d x w h a t x w e x w a n t x w e x k n o w x w e x c a n ' t x b e l i e v ex - - - - - - - - - - - -☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
CatWaffle rolled 10 10-sided dice: 4, 7, 2, 10, 3, 8, 10, 4, 3, 7 Total: 58 (10-100)

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:29 am
Iggy and Rhiannon are eager xD  
Stefan Lee Salvatore rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 2, 4, 5, 3, 6, 3, 10, 5, 3 Total: 48 (10-100)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:31 pm
♖ Brook ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ Second Year♖
User Image
▬▬"I feel the same way about makeup as I do food."▬▬

Brook did her mandatory laps, after having grabbed another snack from her supplies, then went after the quaffle, this was going to be her year on the team, it had to be...well if not.. there were always snacks.

▬▬"I want everything."▬▬

Position: blue chaser
AC: 11
Modifiers: +3 catch; +3 shooting
Special Skills: Good Arm; Sharp Eyes; Great Catch
Lives: ♖♖♖
Roll: 48 - snatched it
Trying to: Get the Quaffle Started

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:03 pm
]
♖ Brook ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ Second Year♖
User Image

Brook got the quaffle! She took off toward her goal post

▬▬"I want everything."▬▬

Roll:—
Trying to: Get to the goal: 1/3 d

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:10 pm
]]
♖ Brook ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ Second Year♖
User Image

Brook kept going Down the field hoping the other team wouldn’t catch her.

▬▬"I want everything."▬▬

Roll:—
Trying to: Get to the goal: 2/3 d

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
Rawwry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:28 pm
User Image
User Image

w h a t x n o w

Rhiannon frowned as the other chaser beat her to the quaffle. That was embarrassing. But she had to get it back now, if not just to save her pride. She flew after the other team, Brooke, hoping to get a grip of the quaffle.

Total Roll: 17 (success!)

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:31 pm
User Image
User Image

w h a t x n o w

Rhiannon reeled in the opposite direction, quaffle in hand and a smug grin on her face. Now to make it to the other goal posts.

Total Roll:
Posts to Goal: 1/3

Quote:

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:02 am
User Image
User Image

w h a t x n o w

Rhiannon kept flying, to be honest, she was doing a lot better than she expected. She was gaining on the goal posts, and wasn't going to stop now.

Total Roll:
Posts to Goal: 2/3

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:27 am
♖ Brook ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ Second Year♖
User Image

Brook sighed as Rhiannon stoke the quaffle. She went after Rhiannon trying to steal it.

▬▬"I want everything."▬▬

Roll: 5 missed
Trying to: Steal the quaffle

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 164 165 166 167 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games