Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:45 pm

Ok, lets stop this conversation here before it gets any worse. I dont want the guild disabled due to improper content...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:45 pm

Alright, well...does anyone know what the rules are for allying Grey knights and space marines are? In Codex biggrin aemonHunters it states that allied space marines may not be used if grey knights are also present in the army, but on the new FAQ it states they are but space marines don't get thier drop pod rules...I'm pretty sure the FAQ is what I'd go buy but...my cousin also said he saw a rule where Space marines could not be present if there was a grey knight HQ?

Any help?(sorry to bring it up here but, you wanted the subject changed.)

Vinnicius

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:59 am

Grey Knights in a Space Marine army, or Space Marines in a Grey Knight army? xd
Either way, you can take 1 HQ, 1 Elite, 1 Fast Attack, 1 Heavy Support, 2 Troops from the other codex as allies. I think thats it - not too sure, to be honest. And all the normal preresquisites apply. Like, if you wanted a vindicare assassin, you'd need an inquisitor lord.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:00 am

Ophiuchus
Either way, you can take 1 HQ, 1 Elite, 1 Fast Attack, 1 Heavy Support, 2 Troops from the other codex as allies. I think thats it - not too sure, to be honest. And all the normal preresquisites apply. Like, if you wanted a vindicare assassin, you'd need an inquisitor lord.
Yes, because we all know that when Vindacare assassins go to assassinate people, they always have a bloody Inquisitor lord in tow, even though there cant be more than about 5 Inq. lords... rolleyes I HATE that rule.

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:02 am

DarkElf27
Ophiuchus
Yes, because we all know that when Vindacare assassins go to assassinate people, they always have a bloody Inquisitor lord in tow, even though there cant be more than about 5 Inq. lords... rolleyes I HATE that rule.
I don't see why the assassins aren't just useable by marines either. They're contracted by the Imperium to defend the Emperor, right? o_O
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:57 pm

Ah *Sighs* I remember the days of Codex Assassins.

Dark-oneechan

Gracious Grabber

Ignis-Aeternus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:21 pm

Ah yes...codex assassins. I'm glad they clariffied some of the rules on them. I had a friend who seriously abused the vidicare assassin's special rounds of ammo. He did a very d**k thing to do (I had never seen the codex) and he kept using that round that causes two wounds or something to that affect(?) over and over again in a battle, when you can only use them once per battle. I don't remember, it was a few years ago...but I remember it was crap.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:15 pm

Ignis-Aeternus
Ah yes...codex assassins. I'm glad they clariffied some of the rules on them. I had a friend who seriously abused the vidicare assassin's special rounds of ammo. He did a very d**k thing to do (I had never seen the codex) and he kept using that round that causes two wounds or something to that affect(?) over and over again in a battle, when you can only use them once per battle. I don't remember, it was a few years ago...but I remember it was crap.

I'd kill to use that double wound one over and over again. mrgreen
I really want a vindicare assasin just for the fact that he has the marksman special rule(lets him choose who his target it.) which I personally think will be really helpful.

Vinnicius

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:16 pm

XRedSamuraiX
Ignis-Aeternus

I really want a vindicare assasin just for the fact that he has the marksman special rule(lets him choose who his target it.) which I personally think will be really helpful.
Definitely. I had one in my army until they made you need a f***ing Inq lord to use it. mad
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:18 pm

DarkElf27
XRedSamuraiX
Ignis-Aeternus

Definitely. I had one in my army until they made you need a f***ing Inq lord to use it. mad

mrgreen Heh, I'm all checked off on that part though.

Vinnicius

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:19 pm

XRedSamuraiX
DarkElf27
XRedSamuraiX
Ignis-Aeternus

AS i stated before, thers only about 5 Inquisitor lords in the imperium!!!! Why would they all be chasing Vindy assassins on missions?

Besides, fluffwise, my armie cant have anything to do with the Inquisition....
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:24 pm

DarkElf27
XRedSamuraiX
DarkElf27
XRedSamuraiX
Ignis-Aeternus

AS i stated before, thers only about 5 Inquisitor lords in the imperium!!!! Why would they all be chasing Vindy assassins on missions?

Besides, fluffwise, my armie cant have anything to do with the Inquisition....

Eh, I'm not sure theres only five? neutral I'll have to read up on that.
But luckily warhammer reality much of the time doesn't check in with the game so. mrgreen

Vinnicius

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:26 pm

yes, but its still damn annoying...... There arent even many Inquisitors, even if there were ineough inquisitor LORDS to follow all the Vindies around, 1) they would need the vindy, because the IL is about ten times as strong, and 2) why would they be wasting their time doing so anyway?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:32 pm

DarkElf27
yes, but its still damn annoying...... There arent even many Inquisitors, even if there were ineough inquisitor LORDS to follow all the Vindies around, 1) they would need the vindy, because the IL is about ten times as strong, and 2) why would they be wasting their time doing so anyway?
Maybe it's that the vindies are only allowed to work in conjunction with an Inq. Lord for some reason? I dunno. That doesn't make much sense...

Xenos Mortium

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:33 pm

Xenos Mortium
DarkElf27
Maybe it's that the vindies are only allowed to work in conjunction with an Inq. Lord for some reason? I dunno. That doesn't make much sense...
Thats my point, it doesnt make sense....
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games