Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:04 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
rmcdra
R M C Dra in da house. *starts the turntables to scratch records on*

In all seriousness though. rmcdra is reference to a story I am working on and a Mr. Dark event I had back when I was a Fluffy Neo-Pagan.

It stands for Robert McDra, the main antagonist who becomes a hero by the end of the story. I'm still on Chapter 1 right now so it's going to be a while.
And now we know all your secrets *cackles evilly*
Oh s**t I just realized it. Did you or someone just find my old livejournal?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:51 pm
Collowrath
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Collowrath
Celeblin Galadeneryn
That's a Slavic construction, though the exact language escapes me.

It's Serbian. smile
Thank you kindly.

You're welcome. =)

Quote:
Yeah. I mean, my clan's existance was ruled illegal by the English Crown, but we didn't ******** go through THAT.

Heh, wrong is wrong - neither situation is better or worse than the other.

Oh great, now I'm gonna go all emo. sweatdrop
Oh Gods, is this responsible for that fluttering flag inyour sig, because I don't remember it being there before?  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Collowrath

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:28 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Collowrath
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Collowrath
Celeblin Galadeneryn
That's a Slavic construction, though the exact language escapes me.

It's Serbian. smile
Thank you kindly.

You're welcome. =)

Quote:
Yeah. I mean, my clan's existance was ruled illegal by the English Crown, but we didn't ******** go through THAT.

Heh, wrong is wrong - neither situation is better or worse than the other.

Oh great, now I'm gonna go all emo. sweatdrop
Oh Gods, is this responsible for that fluttering flag inyour sig, because I don't remember it being there before?

Heh... sweatdrop

Actually, I've been wanting to do something more colorful for a while, just haven't had the motivation.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Disney: Bastardizing the scary stories of my youth, one classic at a time.  

TeaDidikai

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:56 pm
Aino Ailill
scorplett
Recursive Paradox
scarlet_moon225

"The 3x law does not apply to me."

It doesn't apply to me. The law of gravity does however.

FOR NOW!

Heck, it doesn't even apply to me unless I'm performing one of two different rituals!

Could you elaborate on this? My understanding (which, granted, is primarily from fiction sources like Charmed x.x) of the Law of Three is that it is constant. As in, that it is always happening for every action. Should they be 'good,' then good is returned plus some. Should it be 'bad,' then bad is returned plus some.

The threefold rule/law, at least in actual Wicca, is nothing more than a ritual contrivance. That is not to mean it is not important however, it is incredibly important!

In some instances it has been removed from all context and therefore has lost it's intended meaning and function, or perhaps it would be more correct to say, it's intended outcome or result.

There are two rituals within Wicca which make reference or use of the threefold rule. One is direct, and is part of one of the initiation rituals. The other is a ritual drama which is required to understand the mystery that the initiation arouses.

The threefold law is an action within ritual. It is an orthopraxic action, placed in a specific ritual context in order to bring about a specific result.

The concept of the threefold law having something to do with a law of return is something that I believe has been a elaborated and decontextualized construction of eclectic neopagan witchcraft. It may be the case that some initiates have contemplated a law of return as a result of the threefold rule, however it is not taught as a fundamental principal of ethics of Wicca. It can cause an ethical inner dialogue for the initiate as they process their experiences, that's up to the individual.
As a result of the threefold rule, many Wiccans will develop a concept of return, consequence or similar. However, it is not return by three, the three part is only relevant to ritual.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:04 pm
scorplett
Aino Ailill
scorplett
Recursive Paradox
scarlet_moon225

FOR NOW!

Heck, it doesn't even apply to me unless I'm performing one of two different rituals!

Could you elaborate on this? My understanding (which, granted, is primarily from fiction sources like Charmed x.x) of the Law of Three is that it is constant. As in, that it is always happening for every action. Should they be 'good,' then good is returned plus some. Should it be 'bad,' then bad is returned plus some.

The threefold rule/law, at least in actual Wicca, is nothing more than a ritual contrivance. That is not to mean it is not important however, it is incredibly important!

In some instances it has been removed from all context and therefore has lost it's intended meaning and function, or perhaps it would be more correct to say, it's intended outcome or result.

There are two rituals within Wicca which make reference or use of the threefold rule. One is direct, and is part of one of the initiation rituals. The other is a ritual drama which is required to understand the mystery that the initiation arouses.

The threefold law is an action within ritual. It is an orthopraxic action, placed in a specific ritual context in order to bring about a specific result.

The concept of the threefold law having something to do with a law of return is something that I believe has been a elaborated and decontextualized construction of eclectic neopagan witchcraft. It may be the case that some initiates have contemplated a law of return as a result of the threefold rule, however it is not taught as a fundamental principal of ethics of Wicca. It can cause an ethical inner dialogue for the initiate as they process their experiences, that's up to the individual.
As a result of the threefold rule, many Wiccans will develop a concept of return, consequence or similar. However, it is not return by three, the three part is only relevant to ritual.

Thank you so much!  

Aino Ailill

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:31 pm
RuisRaven
Honey, I'm Irish... my ancestors fought a lot against the Christians. So before you go assuming, know who you're talking to.

Oh, Your Irish?

Cá bhfuail tú í do chonaí? Tá mé í mó chonaí í gContae na Mhí ach rugadh agus folúil í Bhaile tha Cliath thoir thuaidh.
Tá an comhphobal paganach bídeach anseo, agus mar tarím amach cupla deichniúreanna ó shin, tá seans mór go aithním thú. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:38 pm
Aino Ailill
scorplett
Aino Ailill
scorplett
Recursive Paradox
scarlet_moon225

FOR NOW!

Thank you so much!

Your welcome!

I take it that means I made some sense then? At least enough to be understood on some level?  

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:44 pm
RuisRaven
Honey, I'm Irish... my ancestors fought a lot against the Christians

What part of America are you from?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:58 pm
CuAnnan
RuisRaven

An leathaghaidh í a rá Port Láirge an áit ar rugadh sí, ach tá sí leath dúchais Meiriceánach confused  

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:15 pm
scorplett
CuAnnan
RuisRaven

An leathaghaidh í a rá Port Láirge an áit ar rugadh sí, ach tá sí leath dúchais Meiriceánach confused

Ní déannan háit breitheadh gael as duine, ach is dócha gur áiteoidh sí é.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:21 pm
CuAnnan
scorplett
CuAnnan
RuisRaven

It's at times like this that I almost wish I were my grandfather, and then I remember that he was Scottish, so a lot of good that'd do me. sweatdrop  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:24 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
CuAnnan
scorplett
CuAnnan
RuisRaven

It's at times like this that I almost wish I were my grandfather, and then I remember that he was Scottish, so a lot of good that'd do me. sweatdrop

Um... I'd wager you could understand the lot if you spoke a decent amount.
I understand a good deal of spoken Scots Gaelic and that's taking into account accent. I am led to believe that, when written, they are almost the same.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:32 pm
CuAnnan
Celeblin Galadeneryn
CuAnnan
scorplett
CuAnnan
RuisRaven

Um... I'd wager you could understand the lot if you spoke a decent amount.
I understand a good deal of spoken Scots Gaelic and that's taking into account accent. I am led to believe that, when written, they are almost the same.
The other problem is I don't actually know if he could read it. I know he spoke it at home, but his schooling was done entirely in English, nevermind that he spoke it very very rarely later in life, due to various reasons, including a daughter who would ridicule him for it.

I'm yet again reminded why I want to introduce my Aunt to a shovel.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:24 am
Is there any actual question as to the lack of validity of "The Burning Times" or is this just beating a dead horse?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games