Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:36 pm
Never meant to break my own promises;
Promises, just promises...
Again, the excuses and generally wasting my time.
I'm finding solutions, just seeking my peace of mind.
No hocus or pocus, my focus is drunk on the floor!
And mumbling something about one more,
Oh, falling across the line-
Keep punching petals at the ember light,
And I cross my heart and hope to die.

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Seventh Year PrefectGryffindor BeaterTeam CaptainHalfblood Twin

Toby shrugged. "Well, Ronna is in my year, so we'd have no captain or vice captain after we both graduated. Besides, she doesn't want it." He had to move around to make sure he got everyone's forms when they were done filling them out, since he couldn't figure out who to have do what until he knew what everyone wanted to play as. That was the thing about Quidditch, sometimes you had an inordinate amount of people wanting to play one position. He looked relieved when Ronna showed up, and retorted happily, "Anything for you, oh beloved girlfriend." Then he had to sort through the papers without them flying away, until he had some sort of idea of what to do. "Alright!" he yelled, since people were talking amongst themselves and he didn't want anyone to not hear him. "This is how it's gonna go! Mock teams, everyone! We've got an odd number, so I'll be sitting out to watch. Teams are Red and Gold! One beater, two chasers, and one keeper per team! Julius, you'll be off on your own working to catch the snitch. Red Team is as follows, and listen, mates! Ronna as Beater, Leo and Arianna as Chasers, Prudence as Keeper! Gold Team is as follows: Addie as Beater, Tanya and Joel as Chasers, Dani as Keeper! I'm just gonna assume you're all at least familiar with the rules of the game! Keep it friendly or I'll knock you out of the sky myself; I'm sure we have an extra bat somewhere around here. Don't fool around, don't be sore losers, and try to stay on your brooms." He motioned for everyone to start mounting their brooms, waited a minute to make sure no one wasn't prepared, and released the bludgers and the snitch, before kicking off from the ground on his own broom and tossing up the quaffle. "Quaffle's up, game's on!" he yelled, before getting the hell out of the way.

OOC:
Position: Beater
AC: 18
Mods: +8 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X) (X) (X) (X)

((Everyone should carefully read this post to see what mock team their character is playing on!))
murruelecrueset

mc2

One more night, I said it the last time;
This is the last time, say it and now once more.
Never meant to break my own promises;
I said I was trying, I really was driving the coast.
The fight or the flight, well I side with the latter most!
It almost is laughable but when I chuckle I choke.
Can’t get the words out my throat of one more-
Is that my lion’s pride, I meet my mountain, then I run and hide?

Yukina101 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 4, 4, 1, 8, 5, 4, 3, 4, 8, 2 Total: 43 (10-100)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:45 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

XXXXXⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXPre fectXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo Lovette

All my friends, they’re different people
Anxious like the ocean in a storm
When we go out, yeah, we’re electric
Coursing through our bodies ’til we’re one

Tanya pumped her fist when Leo accepted her position of Vice Captain and made a note in the back of her mind to throw her a congratulatory party later after practice. When Toby put them on mock teams she gave an encouraging grin to all the younger students with her before she swung her leg over her broom and shot up to try and catch the quaffle before Leo or Arianna. Just because she was proud of her friend didn't mean she was going to let her have an easy time!

Position: Gold Team Chaser
AC: 19
Modifiers: +7 to Steal +5 to Shoot
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [<3] [<3] [<3]
To Goal: ~/3
Final Roll: ~

Quote:

Quote:

I said ooh, ooh
You got me in the mood, mood
I’m scared
But if my heart’s gonna break before the night will end
I said, ooh, ooh we’re in danger
Sleeping with a friend, sleeping with a friend

Try OutsWhere: Quidditch PitchWith: TeamThinking: Aweseomeawesomeawesome!OOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:48 pm
Diamond Wales
User Image
                                                  This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
                                                  No silent prayer for the faith-departed
                                                  I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
                                                  You're gonna hear my voice
                                                  When I shout it out loud

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

MцgglєBоґи || Fїґ$т Уёaя || Gґуffїпdоя

════════════════════════

Joel stood as he saw the captain address the assembled hopefuls. He listened as Toby split the group into two teams and nodded. Okay, so he was paired with Addie and Tanya and Dani, whoever they were. Giving Addie a grin, he gave the captain a salute and climbed on his broom, very much aware that this was the first sport he would ever play off the ground. "Looks like we're on the same team. Good luck!" Swallowing down the apprehension, he rose into the air, deciding to watch instead of actually go after anyone. He was the new person. Everyone else was more experienced. Best to give them the chance to show him how it was done. He figured he could learn the rules from a game book or something. Grayson had to know something like where to find one of those.

Gold Team Chaser
                                                  AC: 12
                                                  Modifiers: Stealing +2, Scoring +2
                                                  Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer, Good Arm
                                                  Lives: heart heart heart
                                                  Final Roll: --

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Hrm, can't be harder than football, really.
                                                  OOC:
                                                  Scrum

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

This is for the ones who stood their ground
                                                  For Tommy and Gina who never backed down
                                                  Tomorrow's getting harder make no mistake
                                                  Luck ain't even lucky
                                                  Got to make your own breaks

amo10690

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:08 pm
User Image
Lives:
Modifiers: SAME AS ABOVE

Position: Seeker
Currently: Looking for the Snitch

Chasing the Snitch: XX/3 (Need a 19 or above to Spot)
Catching the Snitch: XX/2 (Need a 22 or above to Catch)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julius nodded as Toby split up the teams leaving him, as the sole person looking for the snitch, on his own. As he called the start of the game, Julius rose into the sky, avoiding the mock game below to begin to look for the snitch. It was one of those solitary positions where he had to focus on what he did. And in a game just worry about all that was relying on him finding the snitch first. He shook his head and began to scan the field below him looking for the glint of gold that was the snitch.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:16 pm
User Image
Lives:

Position: Red Team Beater
Blocking for/Aiming At: XXXXXXXXXXXX
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronna smiled at Toby's answer, though she had to roll her eyes at his relief of her showing up. Did he really think she'd leave him hanging like that? Or the whole team? It wouldn't have been right. Granted, there needed to be more of an interest in the position of beater soon or next year the Gryffindor team would be in trouble. Deciding that wasn't her concern in the slightest she listened as Toby split up the teams. Nodding she noted the new try outs-one of the first years interested in beater. Well that was going to be interesting. As Toby called out the start of the game Ronna took to the sky deciding to wait before she started hitting bludgers at anyone.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:09 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

Fᴏᴜʀᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ |❹| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❹| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

Opening up the carrying case, and pulling out her broomstick, Dani was struck by the thought that for once she wasn't going to be doing her usual stunt flying over the pitch. Her task would be simple enough: defend the three hoops at one end of the pitch from all comers. Of course it was simple in principle, difficult in execution, as there was a considerable amount of airspace she'd be called upon to watch.

She mounted her broomstick, and floated upward into the air, before flying out to take up her position before the goals. 'Just remember,' she told herself, 'keep everybody in front of you.'

Position: Gold Team Keeper
                                                      AC: 17
                                                      Modifiers: +9 to Block, +7 to Catch Snitch
                                                      Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Hold the Line
                                                      Final Roll:

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
amo10690 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 2, 5, 10, 4, 10, 1, 6, 5, 4 Total: 54 (10-100)

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:11 pm
User Image

Arianna smiled at here teammates, "We got this guys!" She then proceeded to try her luck at the face off with Tanya. The young girls chances weren't good compared to the more experienced chaser but she'd do her best. She leaned forward on her new broom willing it to go faster.

OOC:
Red team Chaser
Total:
AC: 16
Modifiers: +4 Shooting, +4 Catching
Special Skills:Good Arm, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]

Let me know if I messed those up! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:20 pm
User Image

Arianna beamed proudly at herself. She wasn't sure how but she managed to get the quaffe seconds before her older teammate. What a great way to start off try-outs. She thought to herself as she zoomed towards the other team's goal hoping she could make it.

OOC: sorry for the lame posts. I'm posting from my phone at work.
Red Team Chaser
Total:

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:15 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

XXXXXⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXPre fectXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo Lovette

All my friends, they’re different people
Anxious like the ocean in a storm
When we go out, yeah, we’re electric
Coursing through our bodies ’til we’re one

Tanya huffed as the young girl managed to get to the quaffle before her but reached out her hand to try and swipe it away from her regardless.

Position: Gold Team Chaser
AC: 19
Modifiers: +7 to Steal +5 to Shoot
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
To Goal: ~/3
Final Roll: 16

Quote:

Quote:

I said ooh, ooh
You got me in the mood, mood
I’m scared
But if my heart’s gonna break before the night will end
I said, ooh, ooh we’re in danger
Sleeping with a friend, sleeping with a friend

Try OutsWhere: Quidditch PitchWith: TeamThinking: Aweseomeawesomeawesome!OOC

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:20 pm
User Image
Lives:

Position: Red Team Beater
Blocking for/Aiming At: Tanya

Roll Total: 11+7=18 (MISS)

Ronna saw as Ari managed to get the quaffle only for Tanya to reach out and steal it for the gold team. Smiling Ronna swung, aiming a nearby bludger at Tanya. After all if it did hit her, it was likely the sixth year could handle the hit easy enough-Tanya had handled her and Toby's hits in try outs long enough after all.

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:43 pm
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindorsecond yearpureblood

Pru was trying not to let herself have second thoughts. She'd said she wanted to be Keeper, she couldn't back out now. Her team was counting on her, even if she didn't really know anyone on it. She settled in the air in front of the goal posts, forcing herself to take deep, even breaths. She could do this. All she had to do was block. Simple enough, really.

OOC:
Position: Red Team Keeper
Mods: +4 Blocking Quaffle
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Hold the Line
Lives: (X) (X) (X)

Username

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:12 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Pitch (Try-outs)

"I understand." Leonette said looking to Ronna as she came over. "It's great to see you Ronna." she said before the try-outs got underway. Hearing the teams she smiled knowing she'd get to see witness what the new Gryffindors had. She would be on a team with Ronna, Ari and Pru. Mounting her broom she got into the air watching as Tanya and Ari went for the Quaffle. Ari coming out on top Leonette followed along side her teammate in case she was needed. If not she could just observe what the other members did until she could help make things difficult for them.

With: Gryffindor team hopefuls...

Wearing: Try-out Clothes

OOC: Red Team - Chaser - Ronna, Arianna, Prudence
0/3 to Goal - Total Roll: ---
AC: 18
Modifiers: +8 AC, +8 Stealing, +8 Shooting
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
Diamond Wales rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:40 pm
User Image
                                                  This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
                                                  No silent prayer for the faith-departed
                                                  I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
                                                  You're gonna hear my voice
                                                  When I shout it out loud

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

MцgglєBоґи || Fїґ$т Уёaя || Gґуffїпdоя

════════════════════════

Joel had watched the... well, scrum was the best way to put it, kind of, and how Tanya had missed the quaffle but the other girl (which he thought was probably Addie's sister) took possession. Well, one easy thing to figure out was to get the ball away from the opposite side. He zoomed toward the older girl and reached out, trying to grab the ball from the girl. Maybe he could time this right and he could gain possession.

Gold Team Chaser
                                                  Modifiers: Stealing +2, Scoring +2
                                                  Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer, Good Arm
                                                  Lives: heart heart heart
                                                  Final Roll: 5

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Hrm, can't be harder than football, really.
                                                  OOC:
                                                  Scrum

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

This is for the ones who stood their ground
                                                  For Tommy and Gina who never backed down
                                                  Tomorrow's getting harder make no mistake
                                                  Luck ain't even lucky
                                                  Got to make your own breaks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:47 pm
User Image

Arianna gasped as Tanya swung into steal the quaffle from her. After some struggle Ari somehow managed to keep the quaffle. Seeing Leo open Ari made the quick decision to pass the red ball to her. "Leo, go for it!" she cried as she chucked the ball towards the new vice capitan. Tanya was good but Leo was really good too. Hopefully Leo could make their team a goal.

OOC:
Red Team Chaser
Total:

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:47 pm
User Image
Lives:

Position: Seeker
Currently: Looking for the Snitch

Chasing the Snitch: XX/3 (Need a 19 or above to Spot)
Catching the Snitch: XX/2 (Need a 22 or above to Catch)

As the chasers began to start their typical fight to keep possession of the quaffle, with Arianna keeping possession still after two steal attempts, Julius continued to search the field for the snitch.  
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games