Welcome to Gaia! ::

Poll Whores Unite! ~A Discussion Poll Guild~

Back to Guilds

Reply Main Forum
The 'nothing better to do' bump thread [Official] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do you visit this guild?
  Friends!
  Games...where are they??
  Routine really.
  Polls silly!
View Results

NeveroddoreveN

Dapper Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:02 am

[ Message temporarily off-line ]
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:06 am

Karma Police

Oulixeus
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:15 am

Insert sigh here...

I got a problem. I want to start doing portraits for gaia commissions but I have no idea how to set something like that up. Like... how much do I charge? And I'm not exactly the best artist in the world but I do try my hardest... I suppose I needed an example piece of the kind of stuff I'm willing to draw. Well... that's a good first step isn't it? I'd prefer to only do it within the guild or something too...

Any suggestions or opinions?
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:58 am

Oulixeus
Insert sigh here...

I got a problem. I want to start doing portraits for gaia commissions but I have no idea how to set something like that up. Like... how much do I charge? And I'm not exactly the best artist in the world but I do try my hardest... I suppose I needed an example piece of the kind of stuff I'm willing to draw. Well... that's a good first step isn't it? I'd prefer to only do it within the guild or something too...

Any suggestions or opinions?
First off... congrats on having most of your dream avatar. o.O

There is a 'Pricing, Assistance and Suggestions' subforum under mini-shops. It's a slow forum, but check out how other art that resembles yours is priced by other users. Check out a lot of them, because there's a very wide range. ^^;

If you're offering your services, yes it's best to have an example of your work. If you want others to price your work in that forum, then you need to have examples ready.

It's also better to expand your art outside of this guild, because there won't be as many potential buyers in this guild as in one of the mini-shops forums...

sdrawkcab
Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:03 am

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:18 am

Karma Police

Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:28 am

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:43 am

sdrawkcab
First off... congrats on having most of your dream avatar. o.O

There is a 'Pricing, Assistance and Suggestions' subforum under mini-shops. It's a slow forum, but check out how other art that resembles yours is priced by other users. Check out a lot of them, because there's a very wide range. ^^;

If you're offering your services, yes it's best to have an example of your work. If you want others to price your work in that forum, then you need to have examples ready.

It's also better to expand your art outside of this guild, because there won't be as many potential buyers in this guild as in one of the mini-shops forums...

Thanks! You wouldn't believe me if I told you what happened! It was fantastic! I was saving up for the horns of the demon and I had about 44,000g (which is a good dent in the 200,000 they cost) when someone just donates a June 2004 letter to me! I was really surprised.... I mean... really. And happy... And sleep deprived. Anyway, I bought the rest of the outfit and decided to try for the devil tail. I'm thinking it could take a very, very long time but I figure what the heck, why not, right?

The only small problem with the outfit is that the card shark bands I had bought were on the same layer as the gloves so I couldn't wear them. It's fine though... smile

I'll check out that Subforum in a bit, thanks for the help once again. I'm going to get back to working on that example piece as soon as I get about another hour or two of sleep. redface smile

Oulixeus
Crew

sdrawkcab
Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:46 am

Karma Police
Yeah oh special learing one >.>

I have my computer time set there so i do remember. Ofcourse i look at it and think 'eh i could handle that'
Why have your time set to a different time zone? Especially when Gaia runs in yours. XD

Yeah~ it's not that bad... XD
It's just funny to hear you talk sometimes about how the day is young, when I consider it over already. ^^;;
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:49 am

sdrawkcab
Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:54 am

Oulixeus

Thanks! You wouldn't believe me if I told you what happened! It was fantastic! I was saving up for the horns of the demon and I had about 44,000g (which is a good dent in the 200,000 they cost) when someone just donates a June 2004 letter to me! I was really surprised.... I mean... really. And happy... And sleep deprived. Anyway, I bought the rest of the outfit and decided to try for the devil tail. I'm thinking it could take a very, very long time but I figure what the heck, why not, right?

The only small problem with the outfit is that the card shark bands I had bought were on the same layer as the gloves so I couldn't wear them. It's fine though... smile

I'll check out that Subforum in a bit, thanks for the help once again. I'm going to get back to working on that example piece as soon as I get about another hour or two of sleep. redface smile
Well... congratulations. ^____^ You always hear about the very random acts of kindness... but never think they will actually happen to you~
^^ The best way to reach your tail is to become an exchanger. Buy donation items for low and sell high...
And continue fishing, like you do. ^^

Yeah~ that's the problem with those bands, the avatar still looks awesome without them. ^^

Heheh, sleep is good. =]
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:00 am

sdrawkcab
Oulixeus

Well... congratulations. ^____^ You always hear about the very random acts of kindness... but never think they will actually happen to you~
^^ The best way to reach your tail is to become an exchanger. Buy donation items for low and sell high...
And continue fishing, like you do. ^^

Yeah~ that's the problem with those bands, the avatar still looks awesome without them. ^^

Heheh, sleep is good. =]

Sleep is indeed good. I think I may keep buying donations letters for a while even after my deal with my friend is up. I'll hold on to those for dear life until they're worth something.

I'm still excited to see what's in this May 2006 letter that I got. Hopefully its something really awesome. The difference between a April 2004 letter and a June 2004 letter was 180,000g because the horns in the June letter. If I get a letter with a cool item that people really want, I'm sure the price will sky rocket in a few months...

Okay... >_> Actual sleep now.

Oulixeus
Crew

sdrawkcab
Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:14 am

Oulixeus

Sleep is indeed good. I think I may keep buying donations letters for a while even after my deal with my friend is up. I'll hold on to those for dear life until they're worth something.

I'm still excited to see what's in this May 2006 letter that I got. Hopefully its something really awesome. The difference between a April 2004 letter and a June 2004 letter was 180,000g because the horns in the June letter. If I get a letter with a cool item that people really want, I'm sure the price will sky rocket in a few months...

Okay... >_> Actual sleep now.
I hope you get some rest. ^___^
I think I'm about to try to do that to...

It's also good to work up your gold and invest in the older donation items. ^^
You also have to look at the difference between the price of the two items within the letter. Usually as time goes on, the letter itself will cost more than buying an item from inside it.

I'm also really looking forward to knowing what's inside of the letters. ...As I do every month. XD The items have been pretty good lately, so I'm hoping for something good and perhaps some counterparts to the recent items. ^^
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:15 am

sdrawkcab
Karma Police
Yeah oh special learing one >.>

I have my computer time set there so i do remember. Ofcourse i look at it and think 'eh i could handle that'
Why have your time set to a different time zone? Especially when Gaia runs in yours. XD

Yeah~ it's not that bad... XD
It's just funny to hear you talk sometimes about how the day is young, when I consider it over already. ^^;;
I know oh my goodness! I got one someones account that was set in a different time zone and i was fliping out.

Um i just do i set it to my time and it jumps ahead by itself.
yeah i get home and it's 6 and it's 9pm there and it's just not fair .gonk.

Karma Police

Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:27 am

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games