Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

River_Moonwolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:12 pm
Some I've actually heard :

"Spock and Janeway are my Lord and Lady."

"Teach me what you know, so I cast cast fireballs and get chicks to sleep with me."

"I'm a powerful witch from an ancient line. I know, 'cos my Magickal Amulet tmfrom Hot Topic told me so."

"Paganism is all about love and harmony. And hating those *^%^!% christians!"

"My familiar is a Furby."

"My craft name is Lady Gwenevere Moonstone Wolfdragon Avalon Hepheastia. The Third." eek

"I'm better 'cos my wand is bigger." eek eek :  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:25 pm
Aino Ailill
scorplett
Recursive Paradox
scarlet_moon225

"The 3x law does not apply to me."

It doesn't apply to me. The law of gravity does however.

FOR NOW!

Heck, it doesn't even apply to me unless I'm performing one of two different rituals!

Could you elaborate on this? My understanding (which, granted, is primarily from fiction sources like Charmed x.x) of the Law of Three is that it is constant. As in, that it is always happening for every action. Should they be 'good,' then good is returned plus some. Should it be 'bad,' then bad is returned plus some.

The Law of Three is not a Law like the Law of Gravity (which technically is a mathematical construct, like all Scientific Laws). In fact, in terms of energy output (energy here being effort to produce work/change), the Law of three makes no real sense since it would mean that the amount of energy would have to be increasing exponentially in order to keep up with all of the feedback loops.

Some read it differently, that our actions affect us physically, socially, mentally, spiritually, in regards to luck, etc... to make up the "three".

I personally just focus on Wyrd and Orlog, which is neither measured nor mathematically constant.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:58 pm
Deoridhe
Some read it differently, that our actions affect us physically, socially, mentally, spiritually, in regards to luck, etc... to make up the "three".
That was Kudzu's posted opinion. Damn I miss her.

Quote:
I personally just focus on Wyrd and Orlog, which is neither measured nor mathematically constant.
Likewise... only insert my cultural concepts. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:00 pm
Quote:
It means the religion of peasants or villagers.
The word was used to make the religions they practiced sound rural, primitive and somewhat foolish compared to the religion that believes in The Holy Virgin Mother of God.

Quote:
What's so fantastical about Djeva Marija? Why are you insinuating that it is foolish to believe in Djeva Marija?

Also, can you give me a citation on the religious connotation of the word pagan and that it was used in an organized, specific manner to debase a group of people and force conversion?

Uh... where the ******** did I mention Djeva Marija? And how am I insinuating anything? Do you read English well at all? I don't speak spanish, dude. And yes, if you actually LOOKED somewhere it would say that Christians made the word 'Pagan' to make us sound foolish... it is an umbrella term for anyone who worships more than one god/goddess. But the difference is, we embraced the term and made it our own. For that you can look in a ******** dictionary. Blessed Nyx, man. =_=

Quote:
The Hellenistic religions of the first 3 centuries AD died slow and painful deaths, as did every one of their followers that the Christians of the time could catch.

Quote:
Can you provide a citation to me that would prove the Christians from 1 to 3rd centuries AD actively hunted pagans of any type?

Are you talking about before or after the Burning Times? Because before, there were "Holy" wars waged between Pagans and Christians. Look in old history books. Schools don't teach this stuff. Why should I find the sources for you? You have two hands, and eyes to see with... or at least I would hope. You think you're so smart, do the research yourself! And there were times before that... during the times of King Bridei... Christians converted half the land and segregated between Pagans and Christians... brother killed brother in Civil war during that time in the name of "God." You want more? Cuz I can keep going...

Quote:
Emperor Constantine and the popes who followed him made Hitler and the Nazis look gentle.

Quote:
I suppose you have concrete evidence for this as well. I know some of the conversions were pretty harsh, but I would like to see how they compare to a massive, concerted effort at genocide. I mean, the conversion of my people was pretty harsh - but we certainly weren't carted off and gassed into extinction.

Last time I checked, gays, cripples, JWs, Jews, gypsies, etc were not extinct either... but meh. You believe what you want, since you think you know everything. And the conversion of YOUR people? Honey, I'm Irish... my ancestors fought a lot against the Christians. So before you go assuming, know who you're talking to.

Quote:
Christianity is a religion which is determined to achieve world domination and become a totalitarian regime again.
Until they achieve that every other faith will be regarded as competition and competition must be met with burning hatred and wiped out.
You will never ever have peace from the Christian religions.

Quote:
Can you show me where Christian dogma outlines its goal to achieve world domination? Also, can you show me beyond a shadow of a doubt that Gho and rmcdra are conspiring to dominate or rule over anyone? Anyone at all? Last I checked they were complete gems.

Can you show me how it doesn't? Just because it isn't in there doesn't mean it isn't their goal. And Who the ******** is Gho and rmcdra? rmcdra sounds like a rapper... -_-. And what makes you think if they are/were conspiring they would leave evidence for people to see? In the Bible/Dogma no less. Honestly, are you looking for a sign that says "Oh, btw... we're looking to attain world domination. Just wanted to let you know. HAIL JESUS!" or some bullshit like that? Are you for real right now? Honey, the church has changed the bible multiple times since its been published... they influence what is said in it. If Christianity was the ONLY religion in the world, then guess what! The churches can do ANYTHING they want with those people. They could print out a new bible that said "and it is God's will that the followers of Christ jump off their nearest bridge and go to paradise" if they really wanted... not saying it would happen, but it could... you really don't like to question Christianity from the sounds of it... or push really hard for it... And you think Christians are gems? Have you ever been called "Satan's Child" by a Christian or one of a Christian path? Obviously not if you think they are "gems." I was raised Christian, and that religion is the most hypocritical out of all of the religions I have come across, and makes next to NO sense at all. You find them to be gems, then are you Christian? If you're Christian, why are you here? I know a lot of Pagans, and I don't hate Christians because not all of them are bad, but it is people who are ignorant that annoy me and it is often more than less that it is a Christian who is ignorant and chooses to stay that way. "Those who know nothing can understand nothing." Boy, ain't that the truth.
"People resist a return to the burning times. People be wise, to the power of their lies. Be not fooled, as those who were fooled before. Children, oh children be free... be wild."

sigh, I hate when people misread... I'm not finding the sources for you because I read it all in history books and from reliable sources... If you're too lazy to look it up for yourself, then you don't have a right to argue with me. I'm not giving you my sources because you should look it up yourself and get your own opinion instead of having me fetch it for you and showing you where I got my opinions based off of. I have to look in books written by unbiased authors... a book written by someone who is Christian makes the Pagans sound evil... a book written by a Pagan victimizes the Pagans and makes the Christians overzealous (which isn't far off anyway, but meh you know what I mean). I have to get a book from someone who doesn't write with judgmental eyes and writes the historical facts as they are supposed to be told. Its called research. Try it sometime.  

RuisRaven

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:18 pm
RuisRaven
Quote:
The word was used to make the religions they practiced sound rural, primitive and somewhat foolish compared to the religion that believes in The Holy Virgin Mother of God.

Quote:
What's so fantastical about Djeva Marija? Why are you insinuating that it is foolish to believe in Djeva Marija?

Also, can you give me a citation on the religious connotation of the word pagan and that it was used in an organized, specific manner to debase a group of people and force conversion?

Uh... where the ******** did I mention Djeva Marija? And how am I insinuating anything? Do you read English well at all? I don't speak spanish, dude. And yes, if you actually LOOKED somewhere it would say that Christians made the word 'Pagan' to make us sound foolish... it is an umbrella term for anyone who worships more than one god/goddess. But the difference is, we embraced the term and made it our own.

Quote:
The Hellenistic religions of the first 3 centuries AD died slow and painful deaths, as did every one of their followers that the Christians of the time could catch.

Quote:
Can you provide a citation to me that would prove the Christians from 1 to 3rd centuries AD actively hunted pagans of any type?

Are you talking about before or after the Burning Times? Because before, there were "Holy" wars waged between Pagans and Christians. Look in old history books. Schools don't teach this stuff. Why should I find the sources for you? You have two hands, and eyes to see with... or at least I would hope. You think you're so smart, do the research yourself! And there were times before that... during the times of King Bridei... Christians converted half the land and segregated between Pagans and Christians... brother killed brother in Civil war during that time in the name of "God." You want more? Cuz I can keep going...

Quote:
Emperor Constantine and the popes who followed him made Hitler and the Nazis look gentle.

Quote:
I suppose you have concrete evidence for this as well. I know some of the conversions were pretty harsh, but I would like to see how they compare to a massive, concerted effort at genocide. I mean, the conversion of my people was pretty harsh - but we certainly weren't carted off and gassed into extinction.

Last time I checked, gays, cripples, JWs, Jews, gypsies, etc were not extinct either... but meh. You believe what you want, since you think you know everything. And the conversion of YOUR people? Honey, I'm Irish... my ancestors fought a lot against the Christians. So before you go assuming, know who you're talking to.

Quote:
Christianity is a religion which is determined to achieve world domination and become a totalitarian regime again.
Until they achieve that every other faith will be regarded as competition and competition must be met with burning hatred and wiped out.

Quote:
Can you show me where Christian dogma outlines its goal to achieve world domination? Also, can you show me beyond a shadow of a doubt that Gho and rmcdra are conspiring to dominate or rule over anyone? Anyone at all? Last I checked they were complete gems.

Can you show me where it doesn't? And Who the ******** is Gho and rmcdra? rmcdra sounds like a rapper... -_-. And what makes you think if they are/were conspiring they would leave evidence for people to see? Honey, the church has changed the bible multiple times since its been published... they influence what is said in it. If Christianity was the ONLY religion in the world, then guess what! The churches can do ANYTHING they want with those people. They could print out a new bible that said "and it is God's will that the followers of Christ jump off their nearest bridge and go to paradise" if they really wanted... not saying it would happen, but it could... you really don't like to question Christianity from the sounds of it... or push really hard for it... And you think Christians are gems? Have you ever been called "Satan's Child" by a Christian or one of a Christian path? Obviously not if you think they are "gems." I was raised Christian, and that religion is the most hypocritical out of all of the religions I have come across, and makes next to NO sense at all. You find them to be gems, then are you Christian? If you're Christian, why are you here? I know a lot of Pagans, and I don't hate Christians because not all of them are bad, but it is people who are ignorant that annoy me and it is often more than less that it is a Christian who is ignorant and chooses to stay that way. "Those who know nothing can understand nothing." Boy, ain't that the truth.
"People resist a return to the burning times. People be wise, to the power of their lies. Be not fooled, as those who were fooled before. Children, oh children be free... be wild."

sigh, I hate when people misread... I'm not finding the sources for you because I read it all in history books and from reliable sources... If you're too lazy to look it up for yourself, then you don't have a right to argue with me. I'm not giving you my sources because you should look it up yourself and get your own opinion instead of having me fetch it for you and showing you where I got my opinions based off of. I have to look in books written by unbiased authors... a book written by someone who is Christian makes the Pagans sound evil... a book written by a Pagan victimizes the Pagans and makes the Christians overzealous (which isn't far off anyway, but meh you know what I mean). I have to get a book from someone who doesn't write with judgmental eyes and writes the historical facts as they are supposed to be told. Its called research. Try it sometime.

Was that really necessary? I don't think his requests were unreasonable. As someone making a positive claim, the burden of proof is on you. Asking for reliable sources for your information is one of the first things that anyone will ask you to do. I advise you to be more civil in the future. Being brutish does not win you brownie points here as it might in the GD or Chatterbox.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:23 pm
Sophist
RuisRaven
Quote:

Quote:

Uh... where the ******** did I mention Djeva Marija? And how am I insinuating anything? Do you read English well at all? I don't speak spanish, dude. And yes, if you actually LOOKED somewhere it would say that Christians made the word 'Pagan' to make us sound foolish... it is an umbrella term for anyone who worships more than one god/goddess. But the difference is, we embraced the term and made it our own.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can you show me where it doesn't? And Who the ******** is Gho and rmcdra? rmcdra sounds like a rapper... -_-. And what makes you think if they are/were conspiring they would leave evidence for people to see? Honey, the church has changed the bible multiple times since its been published... they influence what is said in it. If Christianity was the ONLY religion in the world, then guess what! The churches can do ANYTHING they want with those people. They could print out a new bible that said "and it is God's will that the followers of Christ jump off their nearest bridge and go to paradise" if they really wanted... not saying it would happen, but it could... you really don't like to question Christianity from the sounds of it... or push really hard for it... And you think Christians are gems? Have you ever been called "Satan's Child" by a Christian or one of a Christian path? Obviously not if you think they are "gems." I was raised Christian, and that religion is the most hypocritical out of all of the religions I have come across, and makes next to NO sense at all. You find them to be gems, then are you Christian? If you're Christian, why are you here? I know a lot of Pagans, and I don't hate Christians because not all of them are bad, but it is people who are ignorant that annoy me and it is often more than less that it is a Christian who is ignorant and chooses to stay that way. "Those who know nothing can understand nothing." Boy, ain't that the truth.

Was that really necessary? I don't think his requests were unreasonable. As someone making a positive claim, the burden of proof is on you. Asking for reliable sources for your information is one of the first things that anyone will ask you to do. I advise you to be more civil in the future. Being brutish does not win you brownie points here as it might in the GD or Chatterbox.

Honey, I am not looking for brownie points. Where I come from, I did all the research. Why should I be the one to fetch ALL my books, look up lines, quote them with pages and go through all that garbage so he can understand? Screw that. He wants sources, he can do what I did and go through pages of books and talk to teachers who did their own research and teach their Pagan path-seeking students based on the knowledge they were taught and read, etc. Thats what a lot of people do on this path- research. If it was a friend and not a stranger questioning my knowledge, let alone saying that I "insinuated" crap and acted like I don't know what I was talking about, yea... I'm gonna be a little pissed off. So I do find it necessary to be "brutish" to defend the knowledge I worked hard to gain... then yea, I wouldn't have a problem. And hun, don't compare me to those brainwashed no-lives who sit on chatbox all day... =_= I created my opinion based on the research I did... he can do the bloody same...  

RuisRaven

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:40 pm
RuisRaven
Honey, I am not looking for brownie points. Where I come from, I did all the research. Why should I be the one to fetch ALL my books, look up lines, quote them with pages and go through all that garbage so he can understand? Screw that. He wants sources, he can do what I did and go through pages of books and talk to teachers who did their own research and teach their Pagan path-seeking students based on the knowledge they were taught and read, etc. Thats what a lot of people do on this path- research. If it was a friend and not a stranger questioning my knowledge, let alone saying that I "insinuated" crap and acted like I don't know what I was talking about, yea... I'm gonna be a little pissed off. So I do find it necessary to be "brutish" to defend the knowledge I worked hard to gain... then yea, I wouldn't have a problem. And hun, don't compare me to those brainwashed no-lives who sit on chatbox all day... =_= I created my opinion based on the research I did... he can do the bloody same...

Don't call my honey, hun, or other such words. Don't feign familiarity when there is none.

It's not logical to make such strong claims as "Christians are trying to rule the world" without citing reliable sources to uphold this claim. If you want anyone to take you seriously, you would do this. Even teachers appreciate cited sources in academic papers. Anything other than that is just opinion with nothing to uphold its logic or validity.

Why do you feel the need to defend your knowledge? Why does someone asking you questions about your statements make you feel insecure? Don't you think it more productive to share your sources in order to educate others? If you continue like this it will be clear you have no interest in intellectual discourse. That would be a shame. Especially since the goal of this guild is "Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism." By lacking in the first two, you are indulging in irresponsibility.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:31 am
RuisRaven
And yes, if you actually LOOKED somewhere it would say that Christians made the word 'Pagan' to make us sound foolish... it is an umbrella term for anyone who worships more than one god/goddess.

This is false. Even those who used it broadly enough to include Hinduism would have likewise included Buddhism and Islam, one of which has no gods and other other of which has one.

Many members of religions with multiple gods are not pagan, and many pagans do not have multiple gods, as well, even taking it as "self-applied title", which is what many in this guild do.

RuisRaven
Are you talking about before or after the Burning Times? Because before, there were "Holy" wars waged between Pagans and Christians.

Lets look at history, shall we?

The "pagans" (meaning 'non-Christians') were never allied in any meaningful manner. Even among the Norse and Celtic peoples there was inter-tribal raiding and warfare which predated Christianity.

Christianity took root in southern Europe originally, masking itself within the culture of the Romans - which was polytheistic, and slowly becoming distinct from Judaism. Constantine's conversion in the 300s marked the first time Christianity had any political power, and it was a substantial political power. This would be around the time when non-Christian countries and the Christian Empire (of sorts) would be poised to have wars, so please let me know which wars you are referencing in the late 300s.

As for the "burning times" (which could as well be called the drowning or hanging times - did you know in Iceland it was almost all hangings and almost all men because the accusation was that one was a Vitkar and most Vitkar were male?), the majority of the violence was fiscally motivated against other Christians who were accused of being heretics. Honestly, I find it baffling that some modern people took their inspiration from the Witch's Hammer, which is clearly an inversion of Christian practices at the time?

RuisRaven
And there were times before that... during the times of King Bridei... Christians converted half the land and segregated between Pagans and Christians... brother killed brother in Civil war during that time in the name of "God."

Ah, do you mean the King Bridei who may have already been Christian? And one of many Kings in that area at the time?

I'd love your citation for this in one of your dusty history books, please.

RuisRaven
Quote:

Can you show me how it doesn't? Just because it isn't in there doesn't mean it isn't their goal.

Burden of proof is on your side. Please meet it.

RuisRaven

Honestly, as historical sources go, Inkubus Sukkubus lyrics aren't very compelling.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:23 am
Oh no my EBIL XTIan plan was saw through.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:08 am
Ruis: If you made the claim, then you need to back it up. I've done shittons of research too. If I made a claim involving it, I would have to back it up as well.

Put up your resources or back down. Those are your options.  

maenad nuri
Captain

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:12 am
Deoridhe

I have a similar view on it as well, having to do with body, mind and spirit. I had an epiphany one night and thought I'd come up with a whole new concept, only to find out that others had already thought of the same thing. I was so disappointed. crying blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:37 am
RuisRaven, the use of the word "gypsy" is inappropriate. It's an ethnic slur against the Rroma, against the TOS of Gaia, offensive, and not allowed in this guild. Please remove it from your post.

And as for telling people to do the research themselves: no. You made the claim, therefore the burden of proof is on you. In short, put up or shut up.  

Calixti

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 am
Calixti
RuisRaven, the use of the word "gypsy" is inappropriate. It's an ethnic slur against the Rroma, against the TOS of Gaia, offensive, and not allowed in this guild. Please remove it from your post.

And as for telling people to do the research themselves: no. You made the claim, therefore the burden of proof is on you. In short, put up or shut up.

Would the use of the term be offensive if used to refer to characters who are called such? I'm thinking Notre Dame, Disney Version.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:19 am
RuisRaven
Uh... where the ******** did I mention Djeva Marija?
When you said the Virgin Mary. Is Marija really that hard to derive?

Quote:
And how am I insinuating anything?
*sighs* oh ********, you want a laundry list?

Quote:
Do you read English well at all? I don't speak spanish, dude.
You know, if you knew a thing about language, you would see quite clearly that he's not speaking Spanish. That's a Slavic construction, though the exact language escapes me. Also this is ******** rude beyond belief. Col appears to read English far better than you do.

Quote:
And yes, if you actually LOOKED somewhere it would say that Christians made the word 'Pagan' to make us sound foolish... it is an umbrella term for anyone who worships more than one god/goddess. But the difference is, we embraced the term and made it our own. For that you can look in a ******** dictionary. Blessed Nyx, man. =_=
You should look in a ******** dictionary. For starters, it will tell you that to be Pagan you have to be non-Abrahamic. There are monotheist religions which are such. Types of Hinduism, for example.

And "we" did not embrace the ******** term. You did. You can go on calling yourself that. Granted, the term doesn't bother me really, but I have a ******** word for what I am, so I identify with that.

Quote:
How about this? You made the claims and you need to prove them, else we have no ******** reason to believe them, especially since you don't seem to know the first ******** thing you're talking about.

Quote:
Last time I checked, gays, cripples, JWs, Jews, gypsies, etc were not extinct either... but meh.
Before we start, do you enjoy using racist/ableist slurs? No? Stop calling them cripples and Gypsies then.

Quote:
You believe what you want, since you think you know everything. And the conversion of YOUR people? Honey, I'm Irish... my ancestors fought a lot against the Christians. So before you go assuming, know who you're talking to.
He's a ******** Slav. You really only have to go into why they call them "Slavs" to see why this "My heritage was more ******** than yours" bullshit isn't going to work.

And so you're from Ireland then? Good, you'll notice that most Irish are CATHOLIC and can now shut the ******** up.

Quote:
Can you show me how it doesn't?
Stop shifting burden of proof. First show him why you think it does, and then give him a chance to prove them wrong.

Quote:
Just because it isn't in there doesn't mean it isn't their goal.
Yes yes, they're all out to get you. stare

Quote:
And Who the ******** is Gho and rmcdra? rmcdra sounds like a rapper... -_-.
They are Christian members of this guild, one's you've just insulted. Now I wouldn't accept your apology, but they have agape to deal with, so you might have some luck there.

Quote:
And what makes you think if they are/were conspiring they would leave evidence for people to see?
This whole ebil xian thing is getting old fast.

Quote:
In the Bible/Dogma no less. Honestly, are you looking for a sign that says "Oh, btw... we're looking to attain world domination. Just wanted to let you know. HAIL JESUS!" or some bullshit like that?
Are you seriously suggesting that there is a Christian conspiracy of EBIL!1 that was purposefully left out of the Bible so the smart goodly Pagans won't catch them?

Are... are you trying to get me to laugh at you? neutral

Quote:
Are you for real right now? Honey, the church has changed the bible multiple times since its been published... they influence what is said in it.
Mistranslations are not changes. Retranslations are not changes. We have manuscripts dating pretty close to actually autthorship of the books of the NT at least, within a century if I'm correct. They didn't change s**t.

Quote:
If Christianity was the ONLY religion in the world, then guess what! The churches can do ANYTHING they want with those people.
Yes because we don't have secular law.

Oh wait! We do! You're just talking bullshit.

Also, no one here is your honey, so don't ******** call them that.

Quote:
They could print out a new bible that said "and it is God's will that the followers of Christ jump off their nearest bridge and go to paradise" if they really wanted... not saying it would happen, but it could... you really don't like to question Christianity from the sounds of it... or push really hard for it...
Except they can't just do that if they want any type of legitimacy, since, you know, we have ******** manuscripts from relatively close to when the books of the NT were written. So this is a load of crap.

Quote:
And you think Christians are gems? Have you ever been called "Satan's Child" by a Christian or one of a Christian path? Obviously not if you think they are "gems."
Right, I had a former pastor come into my home and make my mother cry in front of me by telling her she was over reacting to one of the other kids at my former church assaulting my sister. Did it make me want to hurt him? Oh ******** yes.

Did it make me an anti-Christian bigot? Nope. I had met, worshipped, travelled and grown up with too many wonderful, honesty, non-schismatic, truly good Christians to let one a*****e muck up the whole bunch.

You can't say you've met a representative sample of the 2.1 BILLION Christians in the world. Drop your bigotry at the ******** door because it's really offensive, especially your suggest that they're so much worse than Pagans. Apparently someone forgot to tell you about the racist Asatru running around, or how Buddhism isn't exactly kindness and understanding when we look at it through the eyes of Sri Lanka.

Quote:
I was raised Christian, and that religion is the most hypocritical out of all of the religions I have come across, and makes next to NO sense at all.
Your understanding of history makes next to no sense at all, so I'm not surprised that Christianity confuses you.

Quote:
You find them to be gems, then are you Christian? If you're Christian, why are you here?
Because this guild is one of Pagan discussion and fluffy rehabilitation, not a no Christians allowed club, nevermind that Col is at least in part a ******** Hellenist. Gho and rcmdra, the two mentioned previously, are Christian though, and are welcome, thoughtful, and contributive members of this guild.

Quote:
I know a lot of Pagans, and I don't hate Christians because not all of them are bad,
You know, admitting your bigotry is often the first step. You have already displayed immense rudeness and stereotypes against Christians. Amending it with "but I don't hate them" doesn't really make up for it.

Quote:
but it is people who are ignorant
I need an Irony Trout STAT!

Quote:
that annoy me and it is often more than less that it is a Christian who is ignorant and chooses to stay that way.
Yes, your anti-Christian bigotry makes you seem so smart and accepting. Do continue.

Quote:
"Those who know nothing can understand nothing." Boy, ain't that the truth.
I agree. You are an excellent example of this.

Quote:
I second Deo's motion of Inkubus Sukkubus lyrics being shallow as ******** class="quote">
Quote:
sigh, I hate when people misread... I'm not finding the sources for you because I read it all in history books and from reliable sources... If you're too lazy to look it up for yourself, then you don't have a right to argue with me.
No no, if you are too lazy to show us where you found this, you aren't deserving of the right to argue with us.

Quote:
I'm not giving you my sources because you should look it up yourself and get your own opinion instead of having me fetch it for you and showing you where I got my opinions based off of.
Again, you make the claim, you do the work.

Unless I missed something and it's ******** backwards day.

Quote:
I have to look in books written by unbiased authors... a book written by someone who is Christian makes the Pagans sound evil... a book written by a Pagan victimizes the Pagans and makes the Christians overzealous (which isn't far off anyway, but meh you know what I mean). I have to get a book from someone who doesn't write with judgmental eyes and writes the historical facts as they are supposed to be told. Its called research. Try it sometime.
Actually, I'd like to see you try doing that, you know, so we can see it.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Collowrath

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:20 am
RuisRaven
Uh... where the ******** did I mention Djeva Marija?

Right here:

You

RuisRaven
Do you read English well at all? I don't speak spanish, dude.

I read English pretty damn well. And Slovak and Serbian and Turkish, so if you want to try any of those, you're welcome to. I don't speak a word of Spanish either.

RuisRaven
And yes, if you actually LOOKED somewhere it would say that Christians made the word 'Pagan' to make us sound foolish... it is an umbrella term for anyone who worships more than one god/goddess. But the difference is, we embraced the term and made it our own. For that you can look in a ******** dictionary.

Not according to Oxford. Or Webster. Both provide decent etymologies that indicate the first use as Latin "paganus," or "civilian." Neither mention anything about pagans being polytheists by definition. I suggest that you "look in a ******** dictionary" before saying ridiculous things.

RuisRaven
Are you talking about before or after the Burning Times? Because before, there were "Holy" wars waged between Pagans and Christians.

As Deoridhe mentioned, the name is better served as Drowning or Hanging Times. I would like for you to give me an outside academic source that shows beyond a shadow of a doubt, a Holy Way waged between pagans and Christians on the basis of religion and religion alone. Key words here are outside and academic.

RuisRaven

Gypsy is a racial slur. Please remove it from your post.

I think you missed my point - the goal of the Holocaust was extinction. The goal of conversion is well... conversion.

Also, before trying to make your oppressed d**k look bigger, please know wtf you're talking about. Unless you're prepared to show me exactly how the oppression of the Irish over the past five or six centuries is quantitatively and qualitatively worse than Magyarization. Please, know who YOU'RE talking to.

RuisRaven
Can you show me how it doesn't? Just because it isn't in there doesn't mean it isn't their goal.

Burden of proof is on you, because you made the claim.

RuisRaven
And Who the ******** is Gho and rmcdra?

They are two lovely, Christian, members of this guild who have contributed beauty, understanding, and friendship here for ages.

RuisRaven
And you think Christians are gems?

Absolutely.

RuisRaven
Have you ever been called "Satan's Child" by a Christian or one of a Christian path?

I've been called more creative things than that, usually more in reference to my ethnicity or sexuality. I haven't found too many Christians who give a s**t what my religion is. I have, however, met lots of pagans who think I'm terrible for retaining my cultural practices simply because they have a Christian veneer.

RuisRaven
I was raised Christian, and that religion is the most hypocritical out of all of the religions I have come across, and makes next to NO sense at all.

I think you should do some more introspection. There is far worse out there than Christianity.

RuisRaven
You find them to be gems, then are you Christian? If you're Christian, why are you here?

I'm not a Christian, and Christians are welcome here anyhow. Ignorance, racism, and hate-mongering however, are not.

As far as your whole final paragraph, I will reiterate this once more: The burden of proof is on you for making the original claims. Put up or shut up.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games