Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:12 am
shabatha
Hi guys, quick question please!

With a mysterious incense, I fight the unevolved versions of the type right? So say, if it's a ground incense, I roll a Flygon or a nidoking, do I fight the baby forms? Such as Nidoran and Trapinch? Even if they aren't ground type?

Hey Shabs! Sorry for the delay here, somehow we didn't notice this post. But for the mysterious incense, you only roll for the type : ) You don't roll the pokemon you get, you can choose that, but you can only choose baby or first stage pokemon when picking the pokemon you encounter and, obviously, they have to still be of the type that you rolled, regardless of the typing of their evolutions.

Shadow - Dragon
I have a question about Dimension Shards. I was looking it up and saw:

- How to get Dimension Shards -
- Obtain four, six and then eight consecutive badges in another region, go to Route 1 and show them to Kakui [Note: can only be done once with each region, meaning only 6 total Dimension Shards can be obtained through this particular method ] -

I edited it to make it more compact. Do these stack? If it's for one shard each time but I already have eight badges from a region do I in turn get three or only one? Or am I just confusing myself?

If you have 8 consecutive badges from one region, then you would get all three, one from each check point : ) You would still have to go to Route 1 and show them to Kakui, but after that you can claim the Dimension Shards and put them towards your efforts to summon an Ultra Beast  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:04 pm
Loonamist
shabatha

With a mysterious incense, I fight the unevolved versions of the type right? So say, if it's a ground incense, I roll a Flygon or a nidoking, do I fight the baby forms? Such as Nidoran and Trapinch? Even if they aren't ground type?

Hey Shabs! Sorry for the delay here, somehow we didn't notice this post. But for the mysterious incense, you only roll for the type : ) You don't roll the pokemon you get, you can choose that, but you can only choose baby or first stage pokemon when picking the pokemon you encounter and, obviously, they have to still be of the type that you rolled, regardless of the typing of their evolutions.

No worries! I appreciate the answer! So my incense is ground, and I only have the options of the first evo in that typing? So I couldn't catch, say, a Torterra, because Turtwig is not ground? I just want verification before I start trying to use the incense.  

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:10 pm
shabatha
Loonamist
shabatha

No worries! I appreciate the answer! So my incense is ground, and I only have the options of the first evo in that typing? So I couldn't catch, say, a Torterra, because Turtwig is not ground? I just want verification before I start trying to use the incense.

Correct! You can only catch first stage and baby stage pokemon with the incense, and they themselves must be of the typing you rolled for the incense.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:36 am
Are there any nuances to the effect of Destiny Bond in the guild? It seems like it's just a guaranteed "kill" in the guild, if I understand how the battle mechanics work, since in the games you have to pick moves before each round starts, there's that added layer of uncertainty (like counter moves or protect moves) where you could waste your turn, vs. in the guild you always know who is doing what. It is affected by whether or not you move first in the round?

Not really sure if that question makes sense or not (lol), but one other thing was that it's only supposed to activate if the user faints from the opponent attacking, so passive damage like toxic etc. shouldn't trigger it.

Also, would it be possible to have a feature that could replicate gym trainers, possibly by allowing people to use NPC battles and say guarantee that the trainer's type would be the local gym's type instead of rolling 1-17? Just a thought I had, not sure if it's come up before.  

StarlightSchism

Dapper Dabbler

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:04 pm
StarlightSchism
Are there any nuances to the effect of Destiny Bond in the guild? It seems like it's just a guaranteed "kill" in the guild, if I understand how the battle mechanics work, since in the games you have to pick moves before each round starts, there's that added layer of uncertainty (like counter moves or protect moves) where you could waste your turn, vs. in the guild you always know who is doing what. It is affected by whether or not you move first in the round?

Not really sure if that question makes sense or not (lol), but one other thing was that it's only supposed to activate if the user faints from the opponent attacking, so passive damage like toxic etc. shouldn't trigger it.

Also, would it be possible to have a feature that could replicate gym trainers, possibly by allowing people to use NPC battles and say guarantee that the trainer's type would be the local gym's type instead of rolling 1-17? Just a thought I had, not sure if it's come up before.

Yeah, unfortunately just like counter moves, it's a difficult mechanic to make workable in the guild. Additionally, the wording in the guild is vague so we may have to look at it again regardless. You CAN strategize and try to use something like taunt, then moves that trap a pokemon (i.e. fire spin, wrap, mean look, etc) if that's available in their movepool, that way you're preventing them from switching or using moves that don't do damage, and then throwing on a destiny bond so that it forces the issue. It is something we're aware of. If you have any suggestions, we're all ears, because counter moves and destiny bond have been puzzles for us as far as balancing and guild mechanics :/

As far as NPCs found within certain areas, we HAVE talked about the idea of pre-made NPCs as a possible future mechanic for the guild, but it's on the backburner because it would be a lot of work and we have bigger priorities, like finishing the gym rematch teams;;; So basically, yes, we might implement something along those lines as options for NPCs in the future (we'd have to discuss it more later and cross that bridge when we get to it), but we have a loooot of projects to work on.

In the meantime, for story purposes, if you want to fight a guaranteed type, there is a guild item for that! The Battle Recorder is a 30 post anywhere item that allows you to customize the pokemon for an NPC battle however you want, and is good for 5 NPC battles. You still have to burn 15 post points for the NPC encounter and the level restrictions are still the same, but that situation is basically what this item is for, just in case you made a rival NPC for your character and wanted them to have specific pokemon etc, or wanted an NPC with specific pokemon.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:49 pm
SpectralEternity
StarlightSchism

Yeah, unfortunately just like counter moves, it's a difficult mechanic to make workable in the guild. Additionally, the wording in the guild is vague so we may have to look at it again regardless. You CAN strategize and try to use something like taunt, then moves that trap a pokemon (i.e. fire spin, wrap, mean look, etc) if that's available in their movepool, that way you're preventing them from switching or using moves that don't do damage, and then throwing on a destiny bond so that it forces the issue. It is something we're aware of. If you have any suggestions, we're all ears, because counter moves and destiny bond have been puzzles for us as far as balancing and guild mechanics :/

As far as NPCs found within certain areas, we HAVE talked about the idea of pre-made NPCs as a possible future mechanic for the guild, but it's on the backburner because it would be a lot of work and we have bigger priorities, like finishing the gym rematch teams;;; So basically, yes, we might implement something along those lines as options for NPCs in the future (we'd have to discuss it more later and cross that bridge when we get to it), but we have a loooot of projects to work on.

In the meantime, for story purposes, if you want to fight a guaranteed type, there is a guild item for that! The Battle Recorder is a 30 post anywhere item that allows you to customize the pokemon for an NPC battle however you want, and is good for 5 NPC battles. You still have to burn 15 post points for the NPC encounter and the level restrictions are still the same, but that situation is basically what this item is for, just in case you made a rival NPC for your character and wanted them to have specific pokemon etc, or wanted an NPC with specific pokemon.

Ah, okay, makes sense about destiny bond. One of the pokemon in the fuchia gym had it and I wasn't really sure how to deal with it. Thanks for the explanation

I actually completely forgot about that battle recorder, that's exactly what I was looking for, I'll get to posting for one, thanks!  

StarlightSchism

Dapper Dabbler

The Froggy Girl

Hilarious Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:25 pm
I know time travel isn't a thing in this guild, but can a Ultra-Recon squad character be made, that uses ultra wormholes to travel from place to place, to battle UB, including Fake Ultra beasts?

I remembered Mr Buddies video.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:11 pm
i have a question, for your guys anniversary thing, i claimed a shiny registeel, but i don't want it anymore. my character doesn't have it yet, but i want to claim something else instead? Ive been looking around at some of the new stuff, and there's a new wolf pokemon that I want instead  

marthryl354

KipsterHipster
Crew

Omnipresent Regular

7,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:08 pm
The Froggy Girl
I know time travel isn't a thing in this guild, but can a Ultra-Recon squad character be made, that uses ultra wormholes to travel from place to place, to battle UB, including Fake Ultra beasts?

I believe SpectralEternity already answered your question in a PM, but I'm quoting you just in case you had any further questions.

marthryl354
i have a question, for your guys anniversary thing, i claimed a shiny registeel, but i don't want it anymore. my character doesn't have it yet, but i want to claim something else instead? Ive been looking around at some of the new stuff, and there's a new wolf pokemon that I want instead

A mod can easily go back in and change your claim, though I would like to ask for a bit more clarity. What new wolf pokemon are you referring to?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:08 am
KipsterHipster
The Froggy Girl

I believe SpectralEternity already answered your question in a PM, but I'm quoting you just in case you had any further questions.

marthryl354

A mod can easily go back in and change your claim, though I would like to ask for a bit more clarity. What new wolf pokemon are you referring to?

i think its called Lycanrock, i want to claim that instead of a registeel  

marthryl354

KipsterHipster
Crew

Omnipresent Regular

7,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:40 am
marthryl354

i think its called Lycanrock, i want to claim that instead of a registeel

Alright, your post has been edited. Feel free to have your character claim the lvl. 20 Lycanroc at any time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:34 am
now that im doing a gym battle and see how much math you guys are making everyone do, I have a question since its kind of a lot and want to get things right
is there an order that the math has to go in? cause doing one thing like an ability before type effectiveness or switching those gets different numbers. so like is it

damage, level, ability,item,stat boost from attack,type effectiveness, or another order or something?  

marthryl354

KipsterHipster
Crew

Omnipresent Regular

7,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:10 am
marthryl354
now that im doing a gym battle and see how much math you guys are making everyone do, I have a question since its kind of a lot and want to get things right
is there an order that the math has to go in? cause doing one thing like an ability before type effectiveness or switching those gets different numbers. so like is it

damage, level, ability,item,stat boost from attack,type effectiveness, or another order or something?

There is an order! You can find it here

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:23 pm
SpectralEternity

Vigilia

Does the Lucky Egg's +1 EXP per post effect work with the effect of the XP Ball? So, instead of the Pokemon getting 2 EXP per post, would they get 3? edit :: i swear, one day i'll remember to quote mods in this thread.  

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Daring Investigator 50

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:29 am
blue carnal love
SpectralEternity

Vigilia

Does the Lucky Egg's +1 EXP per post effect work with the effect of the XP Ball? So, instead of the Pokemon getting 2 EXP per post, would they get 3? edit :: i swear, one day i'll remember to quote mods in this thread.

Yes, lucky egg does stack with the XP ball, so you would get +3 exp per post (+13 in the dream world RP event if you write 1000 words)

and yes, please quote xDx it helps us help you faster!  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff