Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:09 am
Never meant to break my own promises;
Promises, just promises...
Again, the excuses and generally wasting my time.
I'm finding solutions, just seeking my peace of mind.
No hocus or pocus, my focus is drunk on the floor!
And mumbling something about one more,
Oh, falling across the line-
Keep punching petals at the ember light,
And I cross my heart and hope to die.

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Seventh Year PrefectGryffindor BeaterTeam CaptainHalfblood Twin

Toby didn't feel like he was properly prepared for this at all. Technically, he didn't even have a vice captain- he was going to have to ask Leo as soon as she showed up, but he felt guilty about putting her on the spot for it. But there wasn't a lot he could do about it. He let the school brooms fall in an undignified heap on the ground, dropped the equipment box and kicked it open, and grabbed out a pile of forms and a quill, ignoring the bludgers straining to get out inside. Right, well, now all he could do was wait for people to show.

Username:
Character's Name:
House:
Year:
Advanced Flying I:
Advanced Flying II:
Years of Previous Quidditch playing:
Any Special Skill:
First Choice Position:
Second Choice Position:

OOC:
Position: Beater
AC: 18
Mods: +8 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X) (X) (X) (X)

((Please fill out the form in the code above and wait for further instructions. Tryouts are on a different timeline, so if your first year is trying out they have already taken their first flying class and are eligible to play. How to Play Quidditch. If you have any questions, pm me!))
Username

One more night, I said it the last time;
This is the last time, say it and now once more.
I said I was trying, I really was driving the coast.
The fight or the flight, well I side with the latter most!
It almost is laughable but when I chuckle I choke.
Can’t get the words out my throat of one more-
Is that my lion’s pride, I meet my mountain, then I run and hide?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:44 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Pitch (Try-outs)

Leonette walked onto the field with her broom in hand. She knew that Toby needed a vice-captain. With Crash gone as sad as it was, she wondered who the seventh year picked. Honestly she wasn't sure but she kind of hoped it would be her. It was about time a female took over and honestly she wanted to have something positive to say about the year. Being the leader of a Quidditch team really meant something to her even if she was busy with everything else. Though something told her it would probably be Ronna, who else would Toby pick. Granted the rumor of her not trying out kind of worried the sixth year, Ronna was the best beater they had they couldn't lose her now.

Looking to see Toby there Leonette walked over to him. So far it was just him. 'Early as usual.' she thought despite pushing it kind of late the year prior. Granted she'd been to busy studying. "Hey Toby, I hope you decided on a vice-captain." she said in greeting as she took one of the notorious Quidditch forms and filled it out.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Username: murruelecreuset
Character's Name: Leonette Mitchell
House: Gryffindor
Year: 6th
Advanced Flying I: yes
Advanced Flying II: yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 5
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Anywhere you need me.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

With: Toby

Wearing: Try-out Clothes

OOC: 0/3 to Goal - Total Roll: ---
Modifiers: +8 AC, +8 Stealing, +8 Shooting
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:04 am
Promises, just promises...
Again, the excuses and generally wasting my time.
I'm finding solutions, just seeking my peace of mind.
No hocus or pocus, my focus is drunk on the floor!
And mumbling something about one more,
Oh, falling across the line-
Keep punching petals at the ember light,
And I cross my heart and hope to die.

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Seventh Year PrefectGryffindor BeaterTeam CaptainHalfblood Twin

Toby audibly sighed with relief as he saw Leo approach. Not only because now he could ask her, but because it meant people had actually listened when he paused in the middle of the common room and yelled something about 'tryouts are coming up, so if you want to be on the team get your arses down there on time'. "Um, yeah, actually, I kinda did," he said sheepishly. "I was hoping it would be you? I know it's a lot of responsibility and all, but I mean... if we survive this year with me as captain I'm sure you'll be great next year." He offered his best grin and hoped it worked, because he didn't know what he was going to do if she refused.

OOC:
Position: Beater
Mods: +8 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X) (X) (X) (X)

murruelecrueset

One more night, I said it the last time;
This is the last time, say it and now once more.
I said I was trying, I really was driving the coast.
The fight or the flight, well I side with the latter most!
It almost is laughable but when I chuckle I choke.
Can’t get the words out my throat of one more-
Is that my lion’s pride, I meet my mountain, then I run and hide?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:29 am
User Image

Arianna skipped down to the pitch carrying her broom in hand. She smiled down at the broom she had just purchased this summer. It had taken a lot of her savings but she was thrilled with it. She noticed Toby and Leo talking and she wondered if he was about to ask her to be Vice Capitan. It would make sense to pick someone from sixth year to lead the team next year. Ari just shrugged her shoulders and grabbed a form to fill out trying not to interrupt them.

Quote:
Username:
Character's Name: Arianna Davenport
Year: Third
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: In Progress
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Second Choice Position: Maybe Keeper? But I'd try anything!

OOC:
Total:
AC: 16
Modifiers: +4 Shooting, +4 Catching
Special Skills:Good Arm, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]

Let me know if I messed those up! sweatdrop  

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:43 am
User Image

Addie followed behind her sister making her way to try-outs. The first year was quite nervous to be honest. Her older sister talked about quidditch all the time at home and the first year really wanted to try it herself. She was good at sports but that was muggle sports. She snagged a form for herself and filled it out to the best of her own knowledge.

Quote:

Username: amo10690
Character's Name: Adaline Davenport
Year: First
Advanced Flying I: N/A
Advanced Flying II: N/A
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: anything

OOC:
Total:
AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:49 am
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

XXXXXⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXPre fectXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo Lovette

All my friends, they’re different people
Anxious like the ocean in a storm
When we go out, yeah, we’re electric
Coursing through our bodies ’til we’re one

Tanya practically ran out onto the field with her broom in hand and a grin already in place. No matter how dreadfully awfully miserable the first week of school was like (and her's hadn't been, just saying) Quidditch always seemed to make everything better. She gave a grin to Toby and Leo and had just grabbed a form when she heard the captain ask her friend to be VC. Her mouth popped open and the only reason she wasn't already over their squealing her delight was because it was an A and B conversation so she would just have to see Leo about it later. Although she did try to catch her friend's eye and give her two big thumbs up mouthing for her to take the position. It would be so cool if her friend were captain next year! She's been on the team longest besides Toby, she knew the game backwards, forwards, and sideways, she'd be a great vice captain.

Username: Yukina101
                                                      Character's Name: Tanya Cherri
                                                      Year: 6th
                                                      Advanced Flying I: Yes
                                                      Advanced Flying II: Yes
                                                      Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 4
                                                      Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger
                                                      Second Choice Position: Keeper?

AC: 19
Modifiers: +7 to Steal +5 to Shoot
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [<3] [<3] [<3]
To Goal: ~/3
Final Roll: ~

murruelecreuset

Quote:

I said ooh, ooh
You got me in the mood, mood
I’m scared
But if my heart’s gonna break before the night will end
I said, ooh, ooh we’re in danger
Sleeping with a friend, sleeping with a friend

Try OutsWhere: Quidditch PitchWith: TeamThinking: Aweseomeawesomeawesome!OOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:50 am
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindorsecond yearpureblood

Pru headed down to the pitch, broom firmly in hand. Her uncle was a broom maker, after all, and her older cousin Kenny played quidditch. Though she'd never played any sports before, she liked competing and she liked being outside, so she figured why not? She knew practically that as a second year her chances of getting an official position on the team were slim, but she still wanted to try. Maybe she'd surprise herself. She edged around the older students to get a form, and sat down in the grass cross legged to fill it out.

Username: The Forgotten Weasley
Character's Name: Prudence Lowery
Year: Second
Advanced Flying I: No.
Advanced Flying II: No.
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: None.
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Hold the Line
First Choice Position: Keeper
Second Choice Position: ...Chaser, I guess?

OOC:
Position: Keeper
Mods: +4 Blocking Quaffle
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Hold the Line
Lives: (X) (X) (X)

Username

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:53 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Pitch (Try-outs)

Leonette's jaw dropped in shock. 'Is he asking what I think he's asking?' she thought before closing her mouth. "Really... you want me... to be vice-captain?" she asked shaking her head. It was either she was going to do that or jump up and down on the spot which she figured wasn't the best option. "I'd be happy too Toby." she said looking to see Tanya give her a two thumbs up. She must have heard Leo thought before saying. "I'm surprised you decided to pick me and not Ronna. Is she not going to show?" she asked figuring Toby would know if not for anyone else.

Looking around the pitch Leonette noticed a few new faces. "Anyways it looks like we're going to have a good turnout." she commented with a smile. This was going to be a good year she just knew it.

With: Gryffindor team hopefuls... Toby

Wearing: Try-out Clothes

OOC: 0/3 to Goal - Total Roll: ---
Modifiers: +8 AC, +8 Stealing, +8 Shooting
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

The Forgotten Weasley
Yukina101

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:07 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

Fᴏᴜʀᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ |❹| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❹| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

Dani was whistling a happy tune as she walked out toward the pitch, the carrying case for her broomstick slung over her shoulder. She was relishing the cool breeze blowing across the grass, and the warm sunlight upon her face. Even if she didn't make the first team, she wanted to be part of the team again, and tryouts were a good excuse to get out of the castle and enjoy a nice day outside.

For her outing, Dani wore her over-sized bright green Holyhead Harpies jersey, over a black tanktop, and a pair of jeans, while she wore a pair of Uggs boots on her feet. As she strolled along, she slipped a helmet on her head, a new piece of gear she added to her collection over the summer.

This year, she figured things would be different for her; rather than try competing for Chaser again, she trained up on the other positions over the summer, Figuring if she could have a go at the Keeper or the Seeker, she might make the first team this year.

As she arrived, she saw Toby, Leo, Tanya, Ari and Pru were already there, as well as one of the newly minted First Year students (and Ari's younger sister), Ada, and Dani greeted them with a wave and a smile. "Hi, everybody," she said cheerily, as she collected a form and a quill to fill out the form.

Username: Graydon Ironshield
                                                      Character's Name: Danica Stewart
                                                      Year: 4th
                                                      Advanced Flying I: Completed
                                                      Advanced Flying II: Completed
                                                      Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3 (Reserve Seeker last term)
                                                      Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Hold the Line
                                                      First Choice Position: Keeper
                                                      Second Choice Position: Seeker

AC: 17
                                                      Modifiers: +9 to Block, +7 to Catch Snitch
                                                      Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Hold the Line
                                                      Lives: [<3] [<3] [<3]
                                                      Final Roll:

════════════════════════

OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:04 pm
User Image
                                                  This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
                                                  No silent prayer for the faith-departed
                                                  I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
                                                  You're gonna hear my voice
                                                  When I shout it out loud

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

MцgglєBоґи || Fїґ$т Уёaя || Gґуffїпdоя

════════════════════════

Joel walked down to the pitch, his eyes looking over the field. This sport was played on brooms,so they wouldn't be on the ground... His eyes trailed up to the sky, where the stands were. That was a really long way up there. Which meant that while he was good down here, he might not be so good up there. He crossed his arms and finally got to where the captain was. One of the prefects, if he recalled. He took a form and walked over to where he saw a familiar face. Addie looked to be already filling out her form, and Joel flopped beside her. He didn't know what position she was going for, but he was going for Chaser. He filled out his own form and looked over to her. "Hey Addie. What position are you going for?"

Username: Diamond Wales
                                                  Character's Name: Joel Powell
                                                  Year: First
                                                  Advanced Flying I: Nope
                                                  Advanced Flying II: Nope
                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
                                                  Any Special Skill: Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer, Good Arm
                                                  Second Choice Position: Uhh, any position?

Modifiers: Stealing +2, Scoring +2
                                                  Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer, Good Arm
                                                  Lives: heart heart heart
                                                  Final Roll: --

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Hrm, can't be harder than football, really.
                                                  OOC:
                                                  Scrum

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

This is for the ones who stood their ground
                                                  For Tommy and Gina who never backed down
                                                  Tomorrow's getting harder make no mistake
                                                  Luck ain't even lucky
                                                  Got to make your own breaks

amo10690

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:46 pm
User Image
Lives:
Modifiers: SAME AS ABOVE

Position: Seeker
Currently: XXXXX

Chasing the Snitch: XX/3 (Need a 19 or above to Spot)
Catching the Snitch: XX/2 (Need a 22 or above to Catch)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julius was a bit uneasy about trying out again for the team. Not that he was too worried about getting his first choice position as seeker, but more so he was worried about letting the team down again. With a polite smile and nod to Toby who was talking to Leo-presumably his new vice captain-Julius picked up an application and began filling it out.

Username: mc2
Character's Name: Julius Elias Xanders
Year: 5th
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
Any Special Skill: Dang Healthy, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes
First Choice Position: Seeker
Second Choice Position: Anything but beater.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:22 pm
User Image
Lives:
Modifiers: SAME AS ABOVE

Blocking for/Aiming At: XXXXXXXXXXXX
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronna walked onto the field, stretching as she went. Noting a decent turnout. She smiled brightly at Danica first and then nodded to Toby and Leo who were no doubt discussing Leo becoming Vice Captain. And Ronna had no doubt Leo would accept. Taking the form from Toby she began filling it out and said, "By the way Toby, you owe me some major girlfriend points for this." Handing the form back to him she smiled and joked, "Please tell me I get to break someone's bones this try-out!"

Username: mc2
Character's Name: Veronica Kiss
Year: 7th
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 4
Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
First Choice Position: Reserve Beater?
Second Choice Position: 1st String Beater... I suppose... if I have to.

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:45 pm
User Image

Addie was just about to get up to turn in her filled out form when she felt Joel approach. She beamed at her fellow first year. She was actually quite surprised he was trying out. He seemed so into football and this was going to be a whole new change for him. "I'm hoping to be a beater of course!" She could just imagine herself in that position. It was the perfect place to cause bodily damage and that seemed just perfect to the little brunette. "What about you?" She asked as she fought the urge to just rip the paper out of his hands to look for herself.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:14 pm
User Image
                                                  This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
                                                  No silent prayer for the faith-departed
                                                  I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
                                                  You're gonna hear my voice
                                                  When I shout it out loud

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

MцgglєBоґи || Fїґ$т Уёaя || Gґуffїпdоя

════════════════════════

Joel gave a half-smile and shrugged, showing her his sheet. "Chaser. I figured it couldn't be that different from my old position in football. Can't try and play that professionally anymore. So why not a quidditch player?" He shrugged and nodded toward the rest of the team. "They've all gotta be better than first years, especially ones that didn't know they were wizards before they got a letter. If I have to, I can sit on the sidelines and learn the game so that when I actually make first string, I don't make a bloody fool of myself." He might have been good at muggle sports, but that didn't mean it would transfer over to magical ones, after all. Though, he figured when he got the hang of the game, he'd surely make first string. He was a quick study on that stuff, after all.

Modifiers: Stealing +2, Scoring +2
                                                  Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer, Good Arm
                                                  Lives: heart heart heart
                                                  Final Roll: --

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Hrm, can't be harder than football, really.
                                                  OOC:
                                                  Scrum

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

This is for the ones who stood their ground
                                                  For Tommy and Gina who never backed down
                                                  Tomorrow's getting harder make no mistake
                                                  Luck ain't even lucky
                                                  Got to make your own breaks

amo10690

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:06 pm
User Image

Addie paused at the comparison of football and quidditch. "My sister plays a chaser. She says it's the closest position to a forward in football." Addie considered playing as a chaser like her sister but it just didn't sound half as entertaining as a beater. "Wait. You wanted to go pro? Man, you must be really good!" Addie stared in amazement at the young boy. She was thoroughly impressed not many even bothered to dream about playing professional unless they were really good. This kid could probably run circles around her. And here she thought she was decent.

Addie followed his nod at the rest of the team that consisted of older students and nodded in agreement. "I'd be happy just making reserve myself." She giggled slightly at his mention of making a fool of himself. "Don't worry about looking like a fool. You'll be too busy having fun to worry about it." She smiled reassuringly at her friend.

Diamond Wales

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games