Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:45 pm
The only thing that I found online was that it was Old English for male witch, which I wasn't completely sure on, since I thought there was more to it than that.

But yeah, my initial reaction was like WTF? eek I asked for a source just out of curiosity, and it will be interesting to see if she actually responds.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:21 pm
too2sweet
Quote:
First of all, not to be rude, Wicca actually comes from a Latin word to mean nature so to be wiccan is to be one with nature or to worship nature,

stressed

If someone has the actual OED, I'd really appreciate it.
Hell, Merriam Webster has the etymology on that right.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:32 am
Some guy on another forum
And as I said, your postition is clear, and you would only be repeating yourself at this stage. You can accept it or not, but you're not going to change others views, as hard as you try. You can get every coven in the world to back you up and my position (or whatever word you use to make yourself feel superior) does not change.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:41 am
Recursive Paradox
"But how can you be pagan if you don't have any gods?!"

Face -> Desk

For some reason, the first thing that popped into my head was "But you succeed on Broadway if you don't have any Jews!" from Spamalot... I think it was the rhythm. ninja  

Ainwyn

RuisRaven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:26 am
TeaDidikai
It's not what you do, it's what religion you are that makes you an a**. Just look at the Christians.

The word Pagan comes from the early Christian Church when they were fighting for supremacy over all the other Hellenistic religions between 80 AD and about 500 AD.

It means the religion of peasants or villagers.
The word was used to make the religions they practiced sound rural, primitive and somewhat foolish compared to the religion that believes in The Holy Virgin Mother of God.

The Hellenistic religions of the first 3 centuries AD died slow and painful deaths, as did every one of their followers that the Christians of the time could catch.
Emperor Constantine and the popes who followed him made Hitler and the Nazis look gentle.

Christianity is a religion which is determined to achieve world domination and become a totalitarian regime again.
Until they achieve that every other faith will be regarded as competition and competition must be met with burning hatred and wiped out.
You will never ever have peace from the Christian religions.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:47 am
RuisRaven
TeaDidikai
It's not what you do, it's what religion you are that makes you an a**. Just look at the Christians.

The word Pagan comes from the early Christian Church when they were fighting for supremacy over all the other Hellenistic religions between 80 AD and about 500 AD.

Or, actually, as a Roman word which was an equivalent of "hick," in reference to the folkish country folk outside of the city.

Quote:
It means the religion of peasants or villagers.
The word was used to make the religions they practiced sound rural, primitive and somewhat foolish compared to the religion that believes in The Holy Virgin Mother of God.

What's so fantastical about Djeva Marija? Why are you insinuating that it is foolish to believe in Djeva Marija?

Also, can you give me a citation on the religious connotation of the word pagan and that it was used in an organized, specific manner to debase a group of people and force conversion?

Quote:
The Hellenistic religions of the first 3 centuries AD died slow and painful deaths, as did every one of their followers that the Christians of the time could catch.

Can you provide a citation to me that would prove the Christians from 1 to 3rd centuries AD actively hunted pagans of any type?

Quote:
Emperor Constantine and the popes who followed him made Hitler and the Nazis look gentle.

I suppose you have concrete evidence for this as well. I know some of the conversions were pretty harsh, but I would like to see how they compare to a massive, concerted effort at genocide. I mean, the conversion of my people was pretty harsh - but we certainly weren't carted off and gassed into extinction.

Quote:
Christianity is a religion which is determined to achieve world domination and become a totalitarian regime again.
Until they achieve that every other faith will be regarded as competition and competition must be met with burning hatred and wiped out.
You will never ever have peace from the Christian religions.

Can you show me where Christian dogma outlines its goal to achieve world domination? Also, can you show me beyond a shadow of a doubt that Gho and rmcdra are conspiring to dominate or rule over anyone? Anyone at all? Last I checked they were complete gems.  

Collowrath

scarlet_moon225

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:11 pm
"Edward Cullen is my boyfriend."

"The 3x law does not apply to me."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:13 pm
[[ I read all of this... yes I have no life...

I LOL'D SO HARD. XD ]]

-thinks up what to say- hmm....

starpocalypse

Tipsy Gekko

starpocalypse

Tipsy Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:21 pm
I was look back at the other posts... and GAWD, I lol'd when I clicked on the link a girl provided for this vid -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubk0423cV4Y&feature=fvw

LOL. Look at the channel -- it's EXPERTVILLAGE!!!

XDD Heck, they don't even know how to CURL eyelashes, how much more about this?

XDD rofl

Sorry.. sweatdrop I just laughed so much that I had to say something... don't mind me I dun wanna start another argument. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:37 pm
scarlet_moon225

:/ Why is this a bad thing for pagans to say?  

Collowrath

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:59 pm
scarlet_moon225

It doesn't apply to me. The law of gravity does however.

FOR NOW!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:09 pm
Recursive Paradox
scarlet_moon225

FOR NOW!

rofl

Namikikyo

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:38 pm
Recursive Paradox
scarlet_moon225

FOR NOW!

Heck, it doesn't even apply to me unless I'm performing one of two different rituals!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:41 pm
scarlet_moon225
But it doesn't apply to me.... neutral  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:56 pm
scorplett
Recursive Paradox
scarlet_moon225

FOR NOW!

Heck, it doesn't even apply to me unless I'm performing one of two different rituals!

Could you elaborate on this? My understanding (which, granted, is primarily from fiction sources like Charmed x.x) of the Law of Three is that it is constant. As in, that it is always happening for every action. Should they be 'good,' then good is returned plus some. Should it be 'bad,' then bad is returned plus some.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games