Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:48 pm
Opinions differ. While I find it a horrid read, others may find it better then making love. It's all about the personal opinion. And never judge a book by it's cover, someone here told me that the cover of Warrior Brood seemed "interesting", but I almost never take a book on it's cover alone.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:00 pm
Lt_Brookman
Opinions differ. While I find it a horrid read, others may find it better then making love. It's all about the personal opinion. And never judge a book by it's cover, someone here told me that the cover of Warrior Brood seemed "interesting", but I almost never take a book on it's cover alone.

Ah, well I didn't literally mean it looked interest by the cover...I took a quick glance at the over all book, a couple of chapters, you know...the "works."
So, I'll go ahead and try it out...I was just being careful of one of those books that just plain isn't good, to anyone really.  

Vinnicius

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:14 am
The quality of BL is not as great as it used to be. Oh sure, we got Abnett, but there's plenty of other good talent present! CL Werner, about the only good non-Commonwealth author in the whole bunch. Sandy Mitchell writes great books that don't take themselves serious.

But the site lacks many previews of the books, which made it so much easier for me to decide wether or not to buy.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:46 pm
Hello there people, does anybody know of a person called Hondapunx?

MOD EDIT: TAKE THIS TO THE DISCUSSION BOARDS! - Mac  

whi73ra6617

Connelo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:07 am
anyone like troll slayer  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:18 pm
Wow, I read that a while back. It was actually the first warhammer book I ever read. I think its great, infact, all the Slayer books are some of the best in the Black Library. The action is intense and you really grow to love the characters after a while.

On that note, does anyone know when the Gotrek & Felix ombinuses are coming out? I remember seeing them slated for 2003, but then at Borders they said it was coming out in 2006.  

berserker_girl

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:14 am
Both have already been released over two years ago, check your countries on-line store for the actual price and / or availability.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:28 am
Wow! Thanks Lt., I'll do that.

++ Well, I found them. I honestly never thought to check the online store. Oh, and they're 50 dollars each, if anyone is interested.

Thanks Lt. for the tip.  

berserker_girl

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:25 am
No problem, one day I'm going to shelf out the money and get those omnibus books myself, I loved Troll Slayer so I might as well just buy the complete works in one go.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:33 pm
You and me both. I love the novels, and the cover work is awesome too!  

berserker_girl

SpaceMarine1193

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:02 pm
DarkElf27
Kirara.
then why would the emperor allow them to do thier thing?
The emperor doesnt really work, he's been barely officially alivce for the last 20,000 years.

Actually the Emperor is a rotting carcuss vegetable sitting on a throne.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:26 pm
-points gun at heretic-

Techinically, not true. Remember, he still has a presence in the warp. Well, that depends on which fluff you go by.  

berserker_girl

perenkx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:12 am
yes, he could blast your mind into ity bity buts in like....*BOOM*  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:26 am
I have a copy of Dark Imperium. A good compilation of short stories if you ask me. Wrath of Kharn is one of my favorites but Apothacary deserves mention. I'm not sure if anyone remembers this, but Black Library distributed a video tape with 3 40k shorts. The first was a short movie with opening and closing credits called "Inquistitor". The second was a group of space wolf terminators facing off against genestealers in a hive city and the third was was an engagment between Dark Angels and Orks that was interupted by the apperance of a chaos marine.  

Symos

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:57 am
All I can remember is that at one point the FMV of Final Liberation were released on tape from the developers site. The acting is cheesy, but a classic.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games