Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KisaLuba

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:08 am
Anybody done any neat Mutations with any Mutant 'nids?

I did a ranged weapon beast with barbed strangler and death spitter. Just didn't use the extra arm, instead took a flesh hook, cut off the end and made a 'tube like arm thing' to connect back. I'll get a picture up. It hasn't been green gunked yet for completion.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:29 am
Quote:
KisaLuba
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:08 am Post subject:

I did a ranged weapon beast with barbed strangler and death spitter. Just didn't use the extra arm, instead took a flesh hook, cut off the end and made a 'tube like arm thing' to connect back. I'll get a picture up. It hasn't been green gunked yet for completion.

??? Green Gunked?  

Relkin9

angelfire5x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:30 am
Relkin9
Terrorist. What army is he going to be for?

I've made him now, desert camo, doesn't look bad actually, need to sort a digicam so i can get a pic.

He's just for fun, i have no more bits to actually make any more men, i could, however, use him for IG.. I'll just say he's a demolition charge without the scatter dice or something, haha.

Nah, doubt i'd use him, just for decoration, mainly, like my genestealer with bigger claws.

I'll get pics of all my main conversions up as soon as i can.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:40 am
Sweet.  

Relkin9

angelfire5x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:12 pm
Why thank you. I should be able to digicam a load of stuff up by the end of the weekend.

My birthday soon too, which means more warhammer, and thus, more conversions =D  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:05 pm
Relkin9
Quote:
KisaLuba

??? Green Gunked?

Yeah, that green stuff. Whatever it's called. Green stuff i think. Stuff, gunk..  

KisaLuba

Relkin9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:11 pm
Quote:
KisaLuba
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:05 pm Post subject:
Relkin9 wrote:
Quote:
KisaLuba

??? Green Gunked?

Yeah, that green stuff. Whatever it's called. Green stuff i think. Stuff, gunk..

Oh, oyu mean modeling clay. Cool. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:21 pm
User Image

There's the joint i was talking about on the Warrior. As you can see I didn't hold it quite long enough for the glue to bond, so it slipped a tad. But i think i would of had to model some green gunk on it regardless to make it look more like a true wrist joint.

User Image

And there it is not as zoomed.  

KisaLuba

KisaLuba

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:25 pm
I may just end up modling around the hand part to make it dissapear. I'm not liking how it looks in that picture...but that is a super high res macro shot...so.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:26 pm
Weeiird. Nice, but weird. But then again, all Niddies look rather weird to me. No offense intended.But very nice work.  

Relkin9

Dread Lime

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:49 am
Relkin9
Oh, oyu mean modeling clay. Cool. 3nodding

Technically, it's an epoxy. Greenstuff is the most common name for it.
It's made by a company called Polymeric Systems, and is sold under the brandname Kneadatite.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:59 am
Quote:
Dread Lime
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:49 am Post subject:
Relkin9 wrote:
Oh, oyu mean modeling clay. Cool. icon_3nodding.gif

Technically, it's an epoxy. Greenstuff is the most common name for it.
It's made by a company called Polymeric Systems, and is sold under the brandname Kneadatite.

We do not care DL. I was just wondering what he meant by "Green Gunked".  

Relkin9

Dread Lime

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:13 pm
Eh, but suppose someone wanted to hunt for better prices on modeling supplies... knowing the brand name could be useful then. 3nodding

I'm currently planning a conversion for a chaos landraider. I plan to use epic scale daemons, eldar, and marines to make murels on the tank's sides depicting a daemon prince's rise to power.
The top of the hull will have four daemonette statues standing at the corners each flanked by smaller daemon statues. The model would be painted in the Pre-Heresy EC colors. I'm thinking of using the laudhailer from the SOB Immolater sprue for the Warp amp, and other bits from that sprue could easily be incorperated into the model.
I also need to get some Plasticard and green stuff for use in the murels, and for making some details on the hull.

At the moment, I've got a general plan laid out, and I'm in the process of working up a parts list and figuring up the cost.

I'm debating whether or not to run LEDs to the lascannons, forward camera, interior, and headlights. There's enough space in the back for batteries and other componants, and the switch would be easy enough to hide. The wires could be run through the space in the sides of the hull.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:54 pm
Cool stuff DL, apart from the LED's, that works for train models, but.. i think it could be a tad over the top for a 40k model, unless it's going into a scenery peice, using it a** a table top model would make it to heavy/damagable/priceless, and could, possibly, make it a bit odd or 'kiddy' lookin'..

There i go off on one again. It's a cool idea, 'specially the demon prince to power thinger. Just, LED's could be qa bit.. over the top..  

angelfire5x

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:03 pm
know what would be good with a light in? BIKES.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games