Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Apriorism

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show..::[ - K |N| O [C] K- ]::.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Gotta knock A litt.l|e| harder brea k through th[e] [D]oor

If I catch you with my properton, such as my BUMP, info, graphics, and art; I'll report you. D<
Tirael :: LI|E|S!
[ - Sadness Inserted Here - ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:06 pm
Tira and Pach: Thanks for the warm welcome... *wonder why it took so long for her to find this guild* sweatdrop  

beddyteddy2

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:14 pm
XD! You were pretty quick considering the guild is like 1.5 weeks old >_>;;

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:15 pm
I found this guild through Tirael's pimping on DA! XD

I'm currently a sophomore at highschool and 15 years of age. I'm trying to cram in as much drawing time as possible, because I know I can't draw as much in junior year due to AP classes and SATs + SAT IIs. [Fail fail fail D;]

When I was little I was dubbed as one of the worst drawers in my class, I had hard times copying patterns and yeah... Late bloomer perhaps? I improved in 1st grade though. XD

In 4th grade my parents started telling me to stop drawing, but I drew a lot during recess since my mom started to forbid drawing at home [unless I wanted to draw a picture for my grandma/grandpa's birthday, or something for a school project...etc] My grades were fine though, straight As [elementary school education is not meant to be hard T_-] I don't know why she wouldn't let me draw.

Recently they've been more lax since my grades are good. My mom still gets mad when she catches me doodling though. She'd go nuts if she knew I drew on the computer..>__>;

I've never taken any art classes, I'm not sure if I want to anymore though, I feel so old and I probably wouldn't take to the material very well, I hate realism, although I do respect those that draw well in the realistic style.

I post too much. ;[

And here's my DA! http://pochi-chan.deviantart.com

P o c h i

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lady Nightwolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:23 pm
gonk it makes me cry that you're mom doesn't like you drawing, and it's never too late to take art classes...all my art is basically self tought.... it wasn't until freshy year highschool that I got anyform of art schooling...and I'm now a JR...I don't know what I'd do If I wasn't alowed to art....I would not be a very happy person....0_o;;  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:25 pm
wtf pochi you'r eonly 15 and saying you're too old? XDDD a lot of us are much older and we're all here to learn biggrin it's never too late yo >O plus you already have good points to your art that you can build on.

And your parents sound crazy @__@;; I think they might come aroundn in a few years.. probably when it's too late :[ but you seem like you really love drawing since it's something you do all the time.

My parents never encouraged my drawing and always told me that I could never make a career out of it. But I'm a college junior now and I recently had a talk with my dad and he said that yes... I could pretty much do what I wanted.. and that they realized that no matter how they try if I don't want to do something then there's really no way to make me x__x;; after a certain point you can't get any further unless you have the drive or motivation to do it...

Unfortunately I'm still too afraid to really study art and take it as a career path XD;; /such a hypocrite/ /is a statistics major/

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

LoneHana

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:06 pm
Hi everyone! Just like P o c h i, I found this guild through T i r a e l's pimping on dA~ Just call me Hana or LH~

Drawing has always been a hobbie of mine~ My notes always have some form of doodling on it (especially chemestry this year... overflowing with chibis XD ). I use to do mostly pixel art but after I got my tablet I started doing cged anime style artworks. I bounce between them a lot so it's hard to really develop one style~ My style constantly changes... =__=;;
I'm in my last year (hopefully -0-;; ) of high school so I don't have that much time for art anymore but I still draw whenever I can~

My dA -> heart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:02 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show..::[ - K |N| O [C] K- ]::.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If I catch you with my properton, such as my BUMP, info, graphics, and art; I'll report you. D<
So many talented ppl....D8
-Flees the scene quickly-

Apriorism

T o x i c` Quiddity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:05 am
T i r a e l

>__> /salts tadpole and watches it dry up/ HAHAHAHAHHAH HOW AWESOME ARE YOU NOW!??!!? >D *cough* I mean ILU.

bai rumor and nice to meet you XD;; even though I've seen you around a lot @o@

|| evaporates ||
DD8

Not so awesome
|| forfeits ||

SURE YOU DO~
talk2hand heart

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:00 am
hiiiiiiiiiiii i'm luciole, and i like to draw 8D..
euphony brought me here <3 and it seems like a super place! <33  

Luc_iole

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:50 am
Yay luc!!! biggrin ! <3

I kinda figured you'd end up here sooner or later after euph came XDD <3 welcome and enjoy your stay (hopefully it'll be a long one O:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:04 pm
Luc_iole
hiiiiiiiiiiii i'm luciole, and i like to draw 8D..
euphony brought me here <3 and it seems like a super place! <33

Soopa doopar
8D

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

T o x i c` Quiddity

Apriorism

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:45 pm

-Posted- ninja
There you can't ban me for not posting.
-Got ban from other guilds cuz of that- xD
Lame. But yes.... I posted.

You see that? Posted. :B
In it's all pretty purple, pink gayish colors
with graphics and all it's glory.
-Gigglesnort-
Now I'm out.
-Goneish-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:54 pm
Ello, I'm Vera. My friend Nelesia "introduced" me to this place. :3
I just recently turned 14. (In February xD) But I've been doing artsy fartsy stuff pretty much all my life. x3
My mother draws realism such as horses, humans, and objects,
and I, wanting to follow in her footsteps, draw semi realism.
But it's more fantasy. x3
I'm not really into anime that much, so I get upset easily when people won't pay the price I want for my pictures because it isn't anime.
>_>

So I guess I should show my devART or something? xD  

Das Portemonnaie

Original Borg

11,300 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

J o u b i l e e

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:13 pm
T i r a e l

And your parents sound crazy @__@;; I think they might come aroundn in a few years.. probably when it's too late :[ but you seem like you really love drawing since it's something you do all the time.

My parents never encouraged my drawing and always told me that I could never make a career out of it. But I'm a college junior now and I recently had a talk with my dad and he said that yes... I could pretty much do what I wanted.. and that they realized that no matter how they try if I don't want to do something then there's really no way to make me x__x;; after a certain point you can't get any further unless you have the drive or motivation to do it...

Unfortunately I'm still too afraid to really study art and take it as a career path XD;; /such a hypocrite/ /is a statistics major/

Haha, I'm studying medicine...under parental pressure. My parents really dont approve me wasting my time doodling either. And they definatly consider it a 'bad' carreer path.
Despite that...I keep drawing, although I never had any classes, beside those lame required ones in elementary and high school. So most of my art is self-learned.
I think you really should be able to do what you want to do.

AND, WELCOME TO ALL THOSE WHO JOINED!!! XD

Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games