Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
What do your parents think? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Im_more_hardcore_than_you

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:30 am
most of the time i wear all black..but yet she seems not to know...she just think im my crazy self..which doesnt bother me at all XD  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:17 pm
I am trying to slowly introduce the idea, and to help them understand it a bit more, so I asked them to help me on my project which was on no other than the Gothic subculture. Although I am odd in my own respects, and they don't really approve of my music and such, they do accept it 3nodding , of which I am glad of.  

Acerbus nox noctis

gothicrebel

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:27 pm
My Dad got pissed off at me a few days ago for wearing goth clothes u know
so my parents don't know so cuz i don't admit the fact im depressed and stuff

if they found out about my problems and my thoughts they would put me in guidance or soemthing XxX  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:49 pm
They ground me everytime they see me wearing makeup, other then that i can dress as gothic as i want, just as long as my mom can hear my music.  

Darken_mortal

Bakurish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:42 pm
My friend and her boyfriend were messing around with my goth things and at some point my friend and I put eyeliner on her boyfriends' eyes and he was really cool about it, saying stuff like, "This is kinda cool" and questioning me about my tripp pants and such. But then we forgot to take the eyeliner off when his parents came to pick him up and they were freaking out. Now he can't come back to my house at all. Yeah, my parents wern't too happy about that....

But on the other hand, my mother knows about my likeing gothic things. She lets me buy makeup and stuff ("As long as you can find somewhere where it's cheap, I don't mind," she says.) and she even bought me my first pair of Tripp Pants(They shrunk in the wash because I forgot to put the water on 'cold'. crying ). My Dad doesn't like it at all. He won't even look at me when I wear my Tripp Pants and that kina makes me sad.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:38 pm
Well, my mother hates the fact that I even exist. I'm not even just making that up. My father, U don't really know. He's cool and we get along and stuff, I have no idea how he feels about my being Gothic and all. I don't think the issue's ever really come up.  

KoRnfucius

WeissVicious

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:58 am
well, my mom certainly hates it, she saw me having permanent marker on my fingernails and roman numerals one-to-10 on my fingers, and she freaked and yelled at me to wash my hands off. it was funny because i told her it was permanent marker and she still told me to rub it off. soon her stupid boyfriend intervened and started yelling at me, so I locked myself in my room becauseI hated the guy. My dad is actually okay with it, he is an open minded dad, he doesn't care how I dress unless it's going to some formal event or something.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:41 am
i'm being carefull about what i do but i think they know i'm a bit into goth, idiots, i AM goth, they hate me for it...so i only really have friends now...i've always been into this, and they think that i'll start acting like a whore and taking drugs and whorshiping satan because of what i am...stereotypes... burning_eyes  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:44 am
i asked if i could get a trench coat, something i've always wanted and she puts down the dishes and says "are you being goth??!!??" then i get this long stereotyped lecture while i'm humming "god save the queen" under my breath...then i go in my room, close the door, then my mom comes in and says"open the shades, your like a vampire! let in some light!"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:55 pm
My mother doesn't really care, though she is considering letting me get a tattoo next year (17) but it can't be anything satanic..ehh...I want an upside down pentagram, thankfully she has no idea what it is. My father (doesn't live with me) doesn't like it, he isn't too bad with it, but he's the sterotypical christian rolleyes  

metalfandragula

Undistinguished

Romantic Gawker

14,150 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:01 pm
I've always been into the black lace and flowing fabric side of gothic clothing. My mother thinks I dress like "a dark princess" and my father thinks I just like black.

My kid sister followed my lead when she came of age but went more goth / punk with torn fishnets and band patches everywhere.

I love the beautiful, and dark shades of red and blue and my beloved black seem to suit me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:27 pm
Well considering I listen to opera, disco, 80's, and many other types of music and the fact that I don't usually wear a lot of black and when I do it's still very fasionable in a neutral way, my 'rents never really cared.  

Ndoki

Krys_Night

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:34 am
My Mom basically hates it, and she's blaming it all on this new boyfriend that I have. But if she had bothered to open her eyes a little sooner, she would have noticed that I was always into the darker culture, borderline gothic. She was the one who bought me my trench coat, so she must have accepted a little part of what I am.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:12 am
they HATE IT. Keep saying its just a "phase"

neutral a phase that outlasted middle school, high school and maybe even collage.  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:30 pm
My parents didn't care. I told them in high-school, and they weren't all too disraught. Then again, they already had dealt with...

That I-
-hang out with girls, all the time. I have no male friends.
-am effeminate
-am pursuing a career in art.
-am not a devout Christian (my sister is the proverbial Jesus-freak), nor a Christian (in the traditional sense, at least).
-have been as smart as them since I was 13.
-"am gay" (I'm straight, but they're convinced I'm homosexual, no matter how much I tell them otherwise).

etc.

It's like a papercut to somebody who's gotten a dozen lashes. Still stings, but is hardly worth complaining about.

My father is a lawyer who was on his high-school basketball team, and he watches sports all the time; he's a masculine, dominant, hard-worker.

My mother was a teacher, has raised two kids, and regularly bakes; the classic housewife.

My sister was editor of our high-school newspaper for 3 years, goes to the University of Michigan, and is an obsessively devout Christian.

Then there's me: an effeminate goth artist who attends a small but well respected art-college with a student-body of 150. I'm a bit of a black sheep. Not by choice, but by nature. I remember asking my parents to take me to a art gallery, not to go to a baseball game, as young as 3 or 4.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff