Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Girls are Lesbians For Reading Yaoi?] Hypocritical Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

abandoned old account 83

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:36 pm
I look at slash/BL, and I gravitate somewhere between being bi and being a lesbian, so idk.

But none of my friends IRL really realize that I like girls or that I like BL/slash/yaoi (I do also like yuri because it's awesome and stuff)

But I used to think I was this gigantic yaoi fangirl until I realized that yaoi didn't turn me on at all for some reason (But I find it adorable, sex scenes and everything) and then I looked at myself and realized that men just plain don't turn me on at all. I've liked one guy emotionally, but that's it...although I'm terrified at being out of the closet, so not many people even know I like girls. Plus, I hate to say it like this, but I just plain /dislike/ a lot of the girls who go to my school who are bi/lesbian that I know. Because they seem like nice people, but then then of all of the ones I've met, three didn't strike a really negative chord with me.

Yet I still like yaoi even if I don't find it arousing. Odd, isn't it? I guess it's okay, though, since it's only a cartoon...

I just think it's adorable, and I know that my input is largely off-topic and worthless and otherwise, but oh well.

on-topic: from my experience, lots of fangirls are bi, but not lesbians. I actually think it's the majority, and I might even ask if a yaoi fangirl is bi, just because...I think I've met (at least irl) about TWO that are straight.

Some can be lesbians too, and I know some who are (over the internet, though, haha, since I don't blather on about animu fandom irl being as no one cares.)

It's silly to assume that you'd be a lesbian, though, in my opinion. That person might've meant bi, though, since men tend to do that a lot. It kinda really annoys me, but oh well.

tl;dr: I'm a borderline lesbian who likes yaoi but isn't really aroused by it, and a lot of fangirls are bi but not lesbians. But that's kinda silly to be asked that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:11 am
Yes. Yes you are a lesbian for reading yaoi.
Because you are sexually attracted to vaginas and yaoi is nothing but penises.

It makes so much sense, my bowls are moving.

gonk OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!?

Got to say though. I had two lesbian friends who read yaoi. This is why I stand up for straight males who read yaoi. Granted you have to be a little gay (or straight if you're a lesbian) to enjoy it, but there's a difference between having sex with a person and getting off on pics/words of a guy having sex with another guy.  

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100

xBriar_Rose

Aekea Mystic

20,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:33 pm
It bugs me when people are afraid to read/watch yaoi and/or yuri. It's like, dude, wtf? I mean it's not hypocritical, it's just that many people still have that 50's mindset that women need to be innocent, virginal, sweet, and caring. I'm perverted, psychotic, loud-mouthed, and have a super dirty mind and mouth. I say screw them all!!! well... not literally...>_<  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:13 am
Erm actually.
Yaoi and yuri are for everyone.
And should not be based on sexual orientation.
A friend of mines is a lesbian and actually loves yaoi.
And sometimes says that if she were a boy she'd be gay.
Even though she is a lesbian and obviously likes girls.
She thinks that it wouldn't makes sense but in some ways it does.
The gay/les yaoi/yuri is a situation that includes alot of passion as well as intimacy and even the thrill of doing something not everyone will except. Many straight couples fear that they don't get the same out of it if they were infact both males or female.
Another friend of mines is male and very straight.
Though he can watch yaoi, yuri, shota, het, loli etc... without saying there is anything wrong with it, and actually likes it.
Me being bisexual and before straight, i loved yaoi and i still do.
I would write, draw, watch and read it, and sometimes even watch the RL situations like Queer as Folk.
Just to say.
You don't exactly have to be gay in order to like something but it doesn't mean that you don't or won't.

SomethingofaBeauty

Deleting_this_account_now

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:27 pm
o.O  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:28 pm
THAT'S NOT TRUE!!
I like yaoi and im not... wait... yes i am...
BUT NOODLE--
wait... she's a lesbian too....
crap.  

Skeeterpillar

black moon girl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:29 pm
bang bang die die
Wait, wouldn't a girl liking yaoi make her..like..straiter? redface
My thoughts exactly. I am 100% straight and some what boycrazy in the inside so yeah I love Shounen ai. My parents keep asking that and I look at them like they're idiots I would not be looking at two dudes if I was a lesbian. Sure some like it and I have no problem about their prefrence. But seriously it's common sence man! Maybe I'd be convinced if I liked Shojo ai as well. *shutters* nope none of that for me DDX;;  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:29 pm
black moon girl
bang bang die die
Wait, wouldn't a girl liking yaoi make her..like..straiter? redface
My thoughts exactly. I am 100% straight and some what boycrazy in the inside so yeah I love Shounen ai. My parents keep asking that and I look at them like they're idiots I would not be looking at two dudes if I was a lesbian. Sure some like it and I have no problem about their prefrence. But seriously it's common sence man! Maybe I'd be convinced if I liked Shojo ai as well. *shutters* nope none of that for me DDX;;

thats what i think too!! i'm bi and i liked both pretty equal before i started reading yaoi then after i leaded more towards men ^^  

Lunalover009

5,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

deathglare77

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:48 am
IF guys like yuri, there is a tendency of being perverted... IF Girls like yaoi, there is also a tendency of being perverted...

If a man asked a girl if she's lesbian.. then, needless to say, that guy is gay. why would he ask that anyways?!

Okay, not really helping here... I'm confused though no one really asked me if I'm lesbian.. Because, as they can see, I am not.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:26 pm
SomethingofaBeauty
Erm actually.
Yaoi and yuri are for everyone.
And should not be based on sexual orientation.
A friend of mines is a lesbian and actually loves yaoi.
And sometimes says that if she were a boy she'd be gay.
Even though she is a lesbian and obviously likes girls.
She thinks that it wouldn't makes sense but in some ways it does.
The gay/les yaoi/yuri is a situation that includes alot of passion as well as intimacy and even the thrill of doing something not everyone will except. Many straight couples fear that they don't get the same out of it if they were infact both males or female.
Another friend of mines is male and very straight.
Though he can watch yaoi, yuri, shota, het, loli etc... without saying there is anything wrong with it, and actually likes it.
Me being bisexual and before straight, i loved yaoi and i still do.
I would write, draw, watch and read it, and sometimes even watch the RL situations like Queer as Folk.
Just to say.
You don't exactly have to be gay in order to like something but it doesn't mean that you don't or won't.

Hey, have you seen the blind man
In disguise
Looking for his eyes?

Hear, hear.

One of the main reasons I like BL is because the idea of a boy having tender feelings for another boy is just adorable. I mean, guys are usually trying to be macho and impressive, but in BL they're all gentle (see: Shounen ai) and sweet about it. It's such a flip from what guys' tendencies normally are; that's what attracts me to it. It's kind of why I'm not so much into yuri. Girls are generally more passionate and kind-hearted, so seeing them basically being exactly like they are in real life isn't that striking to me. I love me some wimmens, though, dun get me wrong.

It's not always because we're 'attracted to penises or vaginas,' as someone mentioned before. Which, I think, is a fairly ignorant statement to begin with. I doubt people are attracted to a sexual organ. Yes, maybe what that organ has to offer, but it's generally OTHER things they're attracted to. I know of lesbians who enjoy penetration because while they enjoy peen, they don't like what it's attached to (a male, if you didn't get that).

I'm a guy, and I personally find more pleasures in the wondrous thing called woman (not to say I ain't had a boyfriend before). I have lesbian friends who like yaoi. You don't have to be 'a little straight' for girls or 'a little gay' for guys to like it. :/

Hey, have you seen the rain man
Looking to the sky
Begging for sunlight?

Drakie Cakie
Crew

Petrutza

5,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:41 am
No way!!! I like watching yaoi and yuri but i'm straight wink  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:49 pm
Hmm you make a good point. I'm obsessed with Yaoi and Slash but I'm in a great relationship with a guy...Tis very hypocritical..  

sambart

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

baduhmtiss

Wench

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:53 pm
LOL, never been asked that(cuz no one in real life knows im into that stuff XD) anyway, people make me laugh. Just ignore them, you can llike what you want to like, regardless of your sexuality razz  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff