Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Witches Weekly--Updated July 15th, seriously. -- old topic Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winter-san

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:39 pm
Nuri
October 03, 2005
Magic and Autumn

What is your definition of "Magic?"

Enjoying the small things, thinking about things, finding meaning in your life. Being appreciative of everything, the beauty of everything. Using your mind to influence things around you.
That is the true magic. Acceptance of everything as it is, and the acceptance of the ability of everything to change. Also observation of the world around you. Stuff like that. But mainly using your mind to influence the world around you.

Nuri
What do you look forward to this autumn?

The colors of the season...the leaves are so beautiful. Also, the smell of the air.

Nuri
Does you spirituality change when seasons change? If so, how does it change for autumn?

I haven't noticed yet....And I don't really think it changes with the seasons....Though, I suppose you could say that, as this summer was when I decided I am pagan.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:53 pm

The communion and communication with the devine, goddess and god.

The changing of the leaves

Does you spirituality change when seasons change? If show, how does it change for autumn?

I find that my spirituality goes into full swing in the fall. It becomes easier for me to start working though my own beliefes.  

Aithnea Micheals

darkviewoflife13

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:33 pm

an energy that can be used for good and evil but should only be used for good

the cool crisp air

Does you spirituality change when seasons change? If show, how does it change for autumn?

i found that my spirituality is at a peak in the winter and the fall, basicly the colder weather.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:59 am
Will there be a new witches weekly soon? I liked those....  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:22 pm
The Divine

What is your definition of the divine, if you believe in divinity at all? (Do you adhere to a god/goddess, one spirit, many deities, etc)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:05 pm
Nuri
The Divine

What is your definition of the divine, if you believe in divinity at all? (Do you adhere to a god/goddess, one spirit, many deities, etc)

It's a Job Discription. It's a race, with many distinct individuals making up the ranks.

And no- Freya and Frigga and Aphrodite and Venus and Lada are not the same person!  

TeaDidikai

Gingerbread . Coffin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:17 pm

I highly respect the Duality of my Deities. There's a God and a Goddess, without names, who are a part of everything and control everything, in the natural -- nature represents them, instead of the other way around. There's no Mother, Maiden or Crone, no Father, Consort/Lover, Sage. Just the Eternal God and Goddess.

Pantheons are interesting and all, I'm an ancient history nut, but I can't and don't feel like I can really connect with a painting or sculpture or story as much as I can with the Gods when I'm laying out on a sandbar in a stream in the woods.

But, to each his own. (:  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:38 pm

Oy, that's a hard one as it's something I just seem to continue to question and struggle with constantly. Most traditional concepts of the divine I disagree with on some level, and I think through that I have this sort of permenant pseudo-agnosticism. In a nutshell, I think all ideas about the divine are just that. Ideas. And I think all ideas about the divine are in some sense or another, true. People then focus on the idea that speaks most to them. For me, the divine is nearly synonymous with magic. It's simply an energy or essence that all things possess. It goes beyond that as well. In the end, I find the divine to be fundamentally unknowable as a whole, but trying to understand bits of it is worthwhile.  

Starlock

I am Queen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:25 am
Nuri
What is your definition of the divine, if you believe in divinity at all?

Woo. I can go on and on about this subject. My definition of divine is the highest consciousness, the (for lack of better words)place where all souls are "birthed" and where all "return". I call this divine consciousness by the name of "Goddess and God" or "Mother Earth"...but if you trully think about it, if it is indeed the highest of all consciousness...then it is "Mother Universe"..."Mother All"...or even.."Mother Nothing". Ok..see how I could babble on about this subject?

I also see divine as the truest form of magic, and it flows within us all. It flows through everysingle thing on this earch, animate or inanimate. It is in everything. It is life in the rawest form possible.

Anyways. I see the divine as (like I said) the highest consciousness that can indeed communicate with us in any form... Ok. I'm going to shut up and just say, "I worship the Lord and Lady"..and go on about my business before I trully confuse myself. x_X

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:17 pm
My definition of the Divine is she is everything, so I never feel alone, I just have to think of her. She's the miraculous C6H12O6 that scientist can't figure out that makes sugar. Shes the plants, and the magick that makes the plants grow. She's the star's twinkle, and she's the space around them that gives them a home. She's our shelter, our provider(especially on holidays lol), she keeps us healthy, she's the tingle I feel in my spine whenever I hear a really good song. She's my everything. My spiritual mother. I think many deities are like different parts of the one whole Mother concept. Like if you want love or beauty, you would call on Freyjya, her loving said, or for battle you would call Artemis, her battle side. She's who I get to go to when Im gone with this life. I could write forever, I love her a lot!  

Aya Azura

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:20 pm

Given my background, I sort of have monotheism stuck in my head. It just seems to me that if something is divine it contains EVERYTHING, and so the need for more than one entity is nonexistent. It isn't something that needs worshipping, either, as it will continue to regulate things whether or not people acknowledge it.

I have a hard time conceptualizing the divine, honestly. I will probably look at this tomorrow and think, "No, no, no, that's all wrong!"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:49 pm
Nuri
The Divine

I feel the divine is that all-pervasive energy that is in everything. That is the ultimate divine. It has no sex or consciousness because it is beyond human comprehension. The pantheon of deities that arise all have their source in this one energy, and take their titles from an aspect of it. For example a fertility goddess would be the persona of the aspect of energy that is creative, and a war one would be the personification of anger/hatred or destructive energy. Attaching human forms and names to these is only anthropomorphism because we cannot relate to them any other way.  

Pelta

cambrylyd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:59 am
Quote:
The Divine

I guess I'm a "Universal Soul" sort of a girl. In other words, I see everything and everyone as connected. Even pieces of plastic. We all have energy, we are part of that energy, we affect that energy as well as the energy affects us.

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me, and I'm cool with that.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:24 pm
Nuri
The Divine

I don't really believe in any God(s) per say. I do generally refer to a God and Goddess, but that is referring to the masculine and feminine aspect of energy, which I use to show that this energy is all encompassing and everything. I believe in this universal divine energy that is in everything surrounding us.

As for most people's versions of the God(s), I feel that this energy manifests in whatever form one needs. For some people this is a Christian faith, others see the Hindu Gods, while some see angels, and other follow human teachers. So for each person the truth of the divine is different, but each individual belief is valid for that person. I know that I see the God and Goddess everywhere in everything. I can feel it coursing through me and in me. Every action that happens here is a dialog with the Divine.

Since I have no specifically named design I do end up using myths, fairy tales, source information, and ideas from practically everywhere. I read a lot of stuff, I think about it, I try to spend a week or two under the mind frame that the idea is true to try it on and see if I like it, and then I either incorporate it or shrug it off depending. Its all true, I just have to feel out what is true for me. So I do part take in many myths and ideas, but I do not believe in any of those Gods in an actual sense, but I believe several creation myths as far as metaphors and morals are concerned.  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Arichan16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:55 pm
Nuri
The Divine

Divine... Divine is what every individual person makes it out to be. Divine is one of those words that I don't believe ever has a set meaning. Personally, I believe that all Gods/Goddesses exist because someone, somewhere, believes they exist. Also personally, I mainly worship Gaia, the nurturing mother of the Earth... as well as the moon. Though... I guess it's not so much "worship" as it is "respect". I believe in faeries and spirits and the like... but Divine? Divine to me is just a point of view.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff