Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Recommended Reading List Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iSpikeDog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:50 pm
rmcdra
Nines19
City Dreamer
They're more science related than pagan, but still going against Christianity and Catholicism.

...is this seen as a good thing?

I second that and would also like to point out that Catholicism is a branch of Christianity, not a separate religion. Also I would like to know how exactly does Brown's books go against Christianity?

actually they meant only the catholics.. if you wanna get technical the catholics burned our ancestors and much more... they even killed off the Knights Templar... which was actually the purest christian movement ever... all my christian family has accused me of either a) being a devil worshipper b) turning my back on "God" c)being rebellious.... they have no idea what i seek.... most christianity has done some bade things... there are extremists though i've never seen a pagan or wiccan go out killing in the name of our religion.. because it's against our code and law.. against our redes.. stand strong brothers and sisters... brightest blessings )O(  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:07 pm
iSpikeDog
rmcdra
Nines19
City Dreamer
They're more science related than pagan, but still going against Christianity and Catholicism.

I second that and would also like to point out that Catholicism is a branch of Christianity, not a separate religion. Also I would like to know how exactly does Brown's books go against Christianity?

actually they meant only the catholics.. if you wanna get technical the catholics burned our ancestors and much more... they even killed off the Knights Templar... which was actually the purest christian movement ever... all my christian family has accused me of either a) being a devil worshipper b) turning my back on "God" c)being rebellious.... they have no idea what i seek.... most christianity has done some bade things... there are extremists though i've never seen a pagan or wiccan go out killing in the name of our religion.. because it's against our code and law.. against our redes.. stand strong brothers and sisters... brightest blessings )O(

First off, if Catholics burned the ancestors of modern pagans, there wouldn't be modern pagans. Secondly, those that were burned were accused of witchcraft, which doesn't mean they were actual witches. I can accuse anyone of anything, but that doesn't mean that the person is actually what I accuse them of being.

Also, just because those around you don't like your choice of religion doesn't mean that all Christians are evil, angry, or intolerant. You have to remember that in their view, you are willingly committing yourself to an eternity of torture and separation from your loved ones.

Murder is not exclusive to mainstream religions, and killing is not forbidden by all pagan religions. It's much more complicated than that.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

iSpikeDog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:52 pm
AniMajor
iSpikeDog
rmcdra
Nines19
City Dreamer

First off, if Catholics burned the ancestors of modern pagans, there wouldn't be modern pagans. Secondly, those that were burned were accused of witchcraft, which doesn't mean they were actual witches. I can accuse anyone of anything, but that doesn't mean that the person is actually what I accuse them of being.

Also, just because those around you don't like your choice of religion doesn't mean that all Christians are evil, angry, or intolerant. You have to remember that in their view, you are willingly committing yourself to an eternity of torture and separation from your loved ones.

Murder is not exclusive to mainstream religions, and killing is not forbidden by all pagan religions. It's much more complicated than that.

i'm not saying all christians are bad and not that all the people burned in the dark ages were witches... but a lot of them actually were... we still survived by learning to hide and also by "conforming" to survive... after it became safe we broke off... and are now rising again... i know some christians that are wonderful people to us... but that's probably only 10% of the entire christian population... because a lot of them have had it pounded into their heads that we are all wicked and are to be avoided at all costs... i know many things and i know history and present... but one i don't know is what the future holds... the future is a distant dream yet right there in front of you... you have you hand in what is to come but you don't have full control... just understand i didn't mean all but the leaders of the catholic church are the evil ones... they are the ones who want us all dead... and that is against their own values... nothing further  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:08 pm
Spike, your posts are almost unreadable for many people in this forum. Please consider using paragraphs and only one period when you reach the end of a sentence.  

maenad nuri
Captain

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:16 pm
iSpikeDog
i'm not saying all christians are bad and not that all the people burned in the dark ages were witches... but a lot of them actually were... we still survived by learning to hide and also by "conforming" to survive... after it became safe we broke off... and are now rising again... i know some christians that are wonderful people to us... but that's probably only 10% of the entire christian population... because a lot of them have had it pounded into their heads that we are all wicked and are to be avoided at all costs... i know many things and i know history and present... but one i don't know is what the future holds... the future is a distant dream yet right there in front of you... you have you hand in what is to come but you don't have full control... just understand i didn't mean all but the leaders of the catholic church are the evil ones... they are the ones who want us all dead... and that is against their own values... nothing further

There's no proof that any witches were burned in any witch trials. You can't claim a connection to a past that may not have ever happened.

Especially with a practice that was supposed to be secret, how can you say the practices remained the same, or that they even existed? Even reconstructionists of well-known and widely written about religions still don't know everything.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:04 pm
AniMajor
iSpikeDog

There's no proof that any witches were burned in any witch trials. You can't claim a connection to a past that may not have ever happened.

Especially with a practice that was supposed to be secret, how can you say the practices remained the same, or that they even existed? Even reconstructionists of well-known and widely written about religions still don't know everything.

I know for a fact that some of them were indeed witches... Our religion has been preserved for a long time. It has been around since we first began to understand the world. Our way is older than that of Christianity, Jewish culture (i can't spell the correct word right), and even that of Muslim. There are historical documents talking of our ancestors who are the origins of our old way. The Shamans were to wise people and witches of the old era. We carry on their beliefs in a different yet similar fashion. And in fact it wasn't completely secret. There was always a village medicine woman who always felt different about the world. Nobody liked it but they came to her for medicine and healing. And guess who the church came for first. The medicine woman. I know that some of these medicine women were indeed pagans because they carried knowledge the church had tried to wipe out. When our ancestors found their lives were in danger they did their best to stay hidden. Of course not all could. But i can tell you this. Christianity took many of their celebrations and ceremonies from Paganism. Winter Solstice is known as Yule which is also known as Christmas. Samhain is known as All Hallow's Eve which is also known as Halloween. The church did this in order to try and convert the pagans. We live on today. If you want know how i know this, i'll tell you. It's in the Catholic Archives hidden. Very few have seen it up close and one published it. Needless to say the church killed him for betraying them.  

iSpikeDog

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:50 pm
iSpikeDog
I know for a fact that some of them were indeed witches... Our religion has been preserved for a long time. It has been around since we first began to understand the world. Our way is older than that of Christianity, Jewish culture (i can't spell the correct word right), and even that of Muslim. There are historical documents talking of our ancestors who are the origins of our old way. The Shamans were to wise people and witches of the old era. We carry on their beliefs in a different yet similar fashion. And in fact it wasn't completely secret. There was always a village medicine woman who always felt different about the world. Nobody liked it but they came to her for medicine and healing. And guess who the church came for first. The medicine woman. I know that some of these medicine women were indeed pagans because they carried knowledge the church had tried to wipe out. When our ancestors found their lives were in danger they did their best to stay hidden. Of course not all could. But i can tell you this. Christianity took many of their celebrations and ceremonies from Paganism. Winter Solstice is known as Yule which is also known as Christmas. Samhain is known as All Hallow's Eve which is also known as Halloween. The church did this in order to try and convert the pagans. We live on today. If you want know how i know this, i'll tell you. It's in the Catholic Archives hidden. Very few have seen it up close and one published it. Needless to say the church killed him for betraying them.

But how do you know this for a fact? What books have you read, what people have you talked to? How do you know what rituals and beliefs ancient "witches" practiced? How do you know that people who used herbs and did healing were all part of the same group, and not just people with knowledge, like those who could make pottery?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:32 am
trust me... if you believe in a higher awareness or know of special gifts then you would probably sense it from me unless your mind is closed to such understanding of talents.

i am not like you. i have memories of times past. i can see things you can't. and so i have to say, i know things you do not. but i have things wrong with me you don't have to suffer. i can't control my talents so sometimes i don't know whether to believe it to be real or just my imagination.

but i will you now... it's been known for a long time. that's why some churches broke off along with the corruption in the catholic church. i want you to understand that i am not thinking about it. it's coming from my own soul and heart. my... memories.  

iSpikeDog

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:41 am
iSpikeDog
trust me... if you believe in a higher awareness or know of special gifts then you would probably sense it from me unless your mind is closed to such understanding of talents.

i am not like you. i have memories of times past. i can see things you can't. and so i have to say, i know things you do not. but i have things wrong with me you don't have to suffer. i can't control my talents so sometimes i don't know whether to believe it to be real or just my imagination.

but i will you now... it's been known for a long time. that's why some churches broke off along with the corruption in the catholic church. i want you to understand that i am not thinking about it. it's coming from my own soul and heart. my... memories.

So we should just take your word on this because you have a paranormal gift even though many credible academic sources as AniMajor pointed out has no evidence to support your claim? I just want to making sure I am understanding you correctly?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:23 am
iSpikeDog

Oh, I can sense many things from you, like the reverberating words "Mr. Dark." ninja

Quote:

Well, unless you live in the same city as me, seeing things I can't isn't much of an accomplishment, and having memories of *gasp* the past, isn't that amazing of an ability either.

Quote:

Mhmm, and I'm sure you have some way to prove this, right? 3nodding  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

iSpikeDog

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:32 am
*sighs* as someone once said

"The mind is like a parachute. It's only useful when opened."

and when i said i could see things you guys couldn't. i wasn't talking about anything physical. not trees or water. anyone who isn't blind can see those. i'm talking about things that walk the earth, shadow, and light planes. beings of both light and dark that affect us. in fact some like to feed upon us humans. not for our blood. but for the darkness in every human's heart.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:25 am
iSpikeDog

Someone else once said, "An open mind left unattended will soon be filled with trash."

Your supposed gift does not exempt you from providing proof that is accessible and verifiable to at least one other person here - preferably someone with experience sufficient to determine the legitimacy of the source. Especially considering that others have questioned your assertions on historical grounds.

A book, a link, or a retraction would be useful here, I think.

Quote:
and when i said i could see things you guys couldn't. i wasn't talking about anything physical. not trees or water. anyone who isn't blind can see those. i'm talking about things that walk the earth, shadow, and light planes. beings of both light and dark that affect us. in fact some like to feed upon us humans. not for our blood. but for the darkness in every human's heart.
While I do believe that there are people with powers of perception beyond the mundane, simply saying "Oh, yeah, I've got those. Here are some random statements. Feel my Truth." is, to me, and I think to others here, insufficient to prove it so. Unfortunately, there's no such certification available, that I'm aware of - mainly because from what I understand, such talents vary from person to person.

That aside... Yeah. Gonna need a second source.

(EDIT!) Oh, yeah, my original point to posting in this thread: For fictional reading, I'd like to recommend the Earth's Children series, by Jean M. Auel, if it hasn't already been done. The colorful rituals and interesting spiritual attitudes, especially as related to pantheism, animism (is that the word I want?), and Mother-goddess worship are very interesting and beautiful.  

Ultramarine Violet

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:35 am
Ultramarine Violet
iSpikeDog

Someone else once said, "An open mind left unattended will soon be filled with trash."

One that I like is: "An open mind is a like a fortress with the gates unbarred and unguarded."

As long as we're comparing quotes and all. xd

Personally though, I just try to keep in mind that I don't want to be so open minded my brain falls out.

iSpikeDog: If you really do have speshul powers that no one else here could possibly ever have because you're just that damn cool, it should be really easy for you to dredge up something that would prove what you're saying to all us silly lay people.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:45 am
Collowrath
Ultramarine Violet
iSpikeDog

One that I like is: "An open mind is a like a fortress with the gates unbarred and unguarded."
That's a good one, but I think I like mine better. Yours seems cautionary against open-mindedness in general, where as I like to think mine is more a reminder to be mindful of the things you accept as true.

But then, some believe that open-mindedness is the opposite of skepticism, rather than of willful ignorance. I believe the other. Maybe I should find a reference for that.

Quote:

Personally though, I just try to keep in mind that I don't want to be so open minded my brain falls out.
Heartily agreed.  

Ultramarine Violet

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:55 am
Ultramarine Violet
That's a good one, but I think I like mine better. Yours seems cautionary against open-mindedness in general, where as I like to think mine is more a reminder to be mindful of the things you accept as true.

It's more just a Warhammer 40K quote inspired by the discussion. sweatdrop

Quote:
Quote:

Heartily agreed.

3nodding  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas