Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:09 am
AngryRobotsInc.
Completely different "rant" but I need to get it off of my chest.

One of my fiance's friends was arrested Tuesday. He did some very bad things that I won't go into here. Now it comes out that he has schizophrenia, and had just changed medication. He's been jobless for a long time, his wife had recently left him leaving him a single father, and his father recently passed away. I'm fairly convinced he had probably stopped taking his medication.

None of us knew he had schizophrenia, and it's...weird to find out something like this. It's really hard to wrap your mind around. I seriously hope the courts take his mental condition into consideration, but....well, this state's legal system really sucks sometimes.

Well, maybe if his lawyer can prove that with meds, his schizo is not so bad, then maybe, just maybe, they will put him into a controlled home, where he could still have his kids and be supervised to make sure he still takes and gets his med, as well as probably disability or just medicaid.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:25 am
deadmanjake

Well, maybe if his lawyer can prove that with meds, his schizo is not so bad, then maybe, just maybe, they will put him into a controlled home, where he could still have his kids and be supervised to make sure he still takes and gets his med, as well as probably disability or just medicaid.

I hope so. He just has the one kid, but I'm really worried about him and his son. I'm watching the news and reading the Pilot Online ( The Pilot being our newspaper), to keep up with everything. My fiance is getting in touch with other friends, especially good since one of them is the assistant District Attorney, so he can give us some basic information as to what is going on.  

IH_Zero

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:42 am
stare I love people with little to know familiarity with Norse and Germanic culture giving their suspicions and thoughts about it. Said suspicions and thoughts aren't at all hampered by the fact they aren't sure what the mythological books are called or what the forms of magic were.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:11 pm
Deoridhe
stare I love people with little to know familiarity with Norse and Germanic culture giving their suspicions and thoughts about it. Said suspicions and thoughts aren't at all hampered by the fact they aren't sure what the mythological books are called or what the forms of magic were.
I suspect the cultures spoke languages other than English and that the forms of magic had to do with their religions, and think that I would like to read the Eddas and study the forms of magic.

There, at least one "suspicions and thoughts" that you can hold onto as not being patently idiotic. Sure, it's the trivial case...  

Henry Dorsett Case

Pelta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:50 am
I figure, if you can come here and rant for a bad day, why not a good day too?

xd : I had an absolutely awesome night last night. Despite having my phone stolen, I now have a new phone that comes with free call credit of over twice what I paid for it. So essentially my service provider just paid me for losing my phone! I saw two good omens (rainbow and flying double magpies) and life is quite overarchingly great. I have a student coming soon and I'm about to go make cookies. People in my courses are great! I love cheap tea and chats. It's my birthday on monday and it's coming up to the christmas holidays. We're not going away this year, which will mean plenty of time to catch up with friends I haven't seen since I started college. And I have a new phone! xd

sad : (because I suppose there has to be something wrong) I have HUGE assignments due monday that I have to do this weekend. SO MUCH WORK. And I have an exam on my birthday. Ah well. You can't have everything I suppose wink  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:48 am
Personally, I'd just drop it. No need to try to win everything.  

maenad nuri
Captain

TatteredAngel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:57 pm
I asked for letters of reference a month in advance. Both people I asked assured they were willing and able to write them. I sent a reminder email a week ahead of deadline. Both responded promising me the letters within a week. I reminded one of them yesterday.

But I have to scramble to get other people to write me emergency letters so I can overnight the application tomorrow and pray it gets to the right place in D.C. by Monday night.

No late applications, period. I'm trying not to panic, I really am.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:18 am
I think I will have the ultimate rant right now, because I just feel that shitty.

Alright, I disappeared for awhile because I was forced to spend a week in a hospital. (alright...a looney bin; I was thinking of suicide) The doctors there didn't help me and just put me on tons of meds. The meds weren't working, and made me feel worse (started cutting myself, etc.) I can't get into the local "guidance center" until the end of January, so I'm stuck figuring this all out on my own. And now I decided to stop taking all my meds and am going through withdrawal symptoms. uuugggggh! I feel sick, I can't sleep, I don't want to eat, I feel completely weak and worn out.

The good news is (attempting to think of something good so this isn't just a whine fest) I wrote my 5 page English paper yesterday, and it only took about 4 hours.  

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:27 pm
Vertigo_Kiwi
I think I will have the ultimate rant right now, because I just feel that shitty.

Alright, I disappeared for awhile because I was forced to spend a week in a hospital. (alright...a looney bin; I was thinking of suicide) The doctors there didn't help me and just put me on tons of meds. The meds weren't working, and made me feel worse (started cutting myself, etc.) I can't get into the local "guidance center" until the end of January, so I'm stuck figuring this all out on my own. And now I decided to stop taking all my meds and am going through withdrawal symptoms. uuugggggh! I feel sick, I can't sleep, I don't want to eat, I feel completely weak and worn out.

The good news is (attempting to think of something good so this isn't just a whine fest) I wrote my 5 page English paper yesterday, and it only took about 4 hours.

Re: cutting - one thing I found that really helped was marking with lipliner instead of cutting. The big problem with cutting to releave the pain is that is creates a dopamine feedback loop which removes your ability to chose what you want to do and what you don't; you essentially become addicted to your own brain chemicals.

If you can find a psychologist whose sympathetic to you, that would be your best bet healthwise. confused Good luck.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:11 am
sad I'm afraid I might be getting a relapse into my mono that I had last year.
scream Some t**t in another guild trying to tell me how to live my love life
confused Fluffy bathrobe
blaugh Holidays!  

Pelta

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:26 pm
smile I handed in my notice today
evil My manager became abusive in a fairly bad way
biggrin He then started begging me to stay until the end of january, citing how much I owe him
stare I'm not sure I'm willing to, even to appease my manager
twisted If I do, it will be under a contract I laid out.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:47 pm
My students abuse me.

Today I was:
hit by two seperate students, the second who would grab my glasses and throw them
a victim of a temper tantrum.

I love/hate my job.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Starlock

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:51 am
Unhappiness is having a 300 piece gaia puzzle almost finished and accidentally refreshing/closing the window. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:09 pm
Friend of mine commited suicide last night. She was 16.

The ********.  

Kalyani Srijoi

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games