Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:37 pm
Ohhmaru-Concoo-Tanoweichi
Um, as much as I hate playing the mod at a mod... Two things. One, fractions and decimals would be rounded down, so Wrap only did 7 damage to Brock's Onix. Not 8. As... Silly as it sounds to be correcting on one point. XD Two, and more important, is that raising defense doesn't make you take 10 fewer points of damage per point raised, it means you take 1/10 less overall damage per point raised. Like, the difference between Tackle (base 50) doing 40 (50 - 10) and 45 (50 - 50/10 = 50 - 5) points of damage. In this case, assuming the per turn Wrap damage (the 1/16 of base HP as opposed to the base damage of 15) is reduced by raised defense (and I wouldn't think it would be, but that's a different question to pose before the mods), that would mean that it deals 170/16 * 9/10 damage... Which, to save you the trouble of going through a bunch of calculating, rounds off to 9 points of damage. If the defense boost doesn't affect the damage per turn, then... Well, remember how I said the first correction was silly because it was only one point? This is sillier, because it'd do 10, meaning that point saved would go to damage over time instead.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:43 pm
Lia Syuki
Um, as much as I hate playing the mod at a mod... Two things. One, fractions and decimals would be rounded down, so Wrap only did 7 damage to Brock's Onix. Not 8. As... Silly as it sounds to be correcting on one point. XD Two, and more important, is that raising defense doesn't make you take 10 fewer points of damage per point raised, it means you take 1/10 less overall damage per point raised. Like, the difference between Tackle (base 50) doing 40 (50 - 10) and 45 (50 - 50/10 = 50 - 5) points of damage. In this case, assuming the per turn Wrap damage (the 1/16 of base HP as opposed to the base damage of 15) is reduced by raised defense (and I wouldn't think it would be, but that's a different question to pose before the mods), that would mean that it deals 170/16 * 9/10 damage... Which, to save you the trouble of going through a bunch of calculating, rounds off to 9 points of damage. If the defense boost doesn't affect the damage per turn, then... Well, remember how I said the first correction was silly because it was only one point? This is sillier, because it'd do 10, meaning that point saved would go to damage over time instead.
gahhhh gonk Sorry im still so use to the PHL2 system and i forget the changes we made with the change over ... much more then id like to admit emo
But yes your correct 3nodding Ill go correct the Dmg right away. But ima be jumping off line fairly soon. Its already 2:43 am here gonk  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lucifer Lord of Torment

1,575 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Egg Collector 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:10 am
are we allowed to catch any of the pokémon that appear from the odd incense?
i don't plan on using it until after the custom pokémon contest is over and i see if avonlea gets michael, but....
it'd be nice to know sooner rather than later regardless.

SpectralEternity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:22 am
Okay, so....I'd like to set up an achievements page for myself, but I don't remember when I joined PHL. I know I was there for little over a year, though. What exactly do I do about that?  

Fae Princess Euphie

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:44 am
Fae Princess Euphie
Okay, so....I'd like to set up an achievements page for myself, but I don't remember when I joined PHL. I know I was there for little over a year, though. What exactly do I do about that?
Do you remember the first event you toke part in ? That might give us a time frame to work with so we can get you set up.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:46 am
Fae Princess Euphie

Don't worry, there are some people in this guild who are still a part of PHL2 as well, splitting characters between both, if you give us the lab you got your starter in at PHL2 I can send word to one of them and they can scour the posts of PHL2 and find your first post in the guild. c:

Lucifer Lord of Torment
are we allowed to catch any of the pokémon that appear from the odd incense?
i don't plan on using it until after the custom pokémon contest is over and i see if avonlea gets michael, but....
it'd be nice to know sooner rather than later regardless.

Yes you may catch any of the pokemon you encounter from the Odd Incense c:  

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

Fae Princess Euphie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:56 am

SpectralEternity

Never mind! I remember when I joined. Thank the heavens for birthday shiny Vulpix!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:24 pm
SpectralEternity
Im i ok ti simply switch the Litwick i was going to give Snow instead to Yukie ? Im thinking it be a Team Royal grunt starter kind of deal.  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:38 pm
SpectralEternity
Im i ok ti simply switch the Litwick i was going to give Snow instead to Yukie ? Im thinking it be a Team Royal grunt starter kind of deal.

If Snow hasn't claimed it yet IC then yes you may c:  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:04 pm
SpectralEternity
SpectralEternity

Not officially no. Id set it into Ohmarows profile for things to add to my characters and that was as far as i got lol  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:05 pm
SpectralEternity
SpectralEternity

Not officially no. Id set it into Ohmarows profile for things to add to my characters and that was as far as i got lol

Thats fine then, you may swap it x3  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:44 pm
I'd noticed a couple of people do this back in the other guild and I figured I'd ask first to see if it was alright. Anyway, if I get all of the posts for an object, would it be alright to hold off actually acquiring that object until a later time/location while still opening back up the slot the posts took up? Since that was probably worded confusingly, here's an example. Say Cameron does some training in Petalburg Forest, and since I figure he's there a long while I start bumping for a White Flute. Now let's say I was right and, after thirty posts, I still need the training. However, I decide that it'd make a bit more sense, RP-wise, for him to pick up that White Flute around Fallarbor instead, since that's about where the glass blower guy is in the games. Would it then be alright, since I had already made the 30 posts for the flute in the example situation, if I made a note somewhere (likely either on the post format itself or in the items to be claimed section of the profile) that he got the 30 posts for the flute, that it's ready to be claimed, and free up the area specific slot to post for, say, a Venoshock TM?  

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:56 pm
Lia Syuki
I'd noticed a couple of people do this back in the other guild and I figured I'd ask first to see if it was alright. Anyway, if I get all of the posts for an object, would it be alright to hold off actually acquiring that object until a later time/location while still opening back up the slot the posts took up? Since that was probably worded confusingly, here's an example. Say Cameron does some training in Petalburg Forest, and since I figure he's there a long while I start bumping for a White Flute. Now let's say I was right and, after thirty posts, I still need the training. However, I decide that it'd make a bit more sense, RP-wise, for him to pick up that White Flute around Fallarbor instead, since that's about where the glass blower guy is in the games. Would it then be alright, since I had already made the 30 posts for the flute in the example situation, if I made a note somewhere (likely either on the post format itself or in the items to be claimed section of the profile) that he got the 30 posts for the flute, that it's ready to be claimed, and free up the area specific slot to post for, say, a Venoshock TM?

Oh of course! : ) That's perfectly alright, especially if you're noting it in your posts that the item hasn't been claimed yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:05 pm
Loonamist
Lia Syuki

Oh of course! : ) That's perfectly alright, especially if you're noting it in your posts that the item hasn't been claimed yet.
Awesome! ^ _ ^ That... Actually takes quite a bit of pressure off grabbing stuff. XD Also opens up the possibility of introducing a small stack of yet to be claimed items as "rewards" for a miniplot on occasion. Or explaining them as being bought in a store as a set of traveling supplies. XD  

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:12 pm
Lia Syuki
Loonamist
Lia Syuki

Awesome! ^ _ ^ That... Actually takes quite a bit of pressure off grabbing stuff. XD Also opens up the possibility of introducing a small stack of yet to be claimed items as "rewards" for a miniplot on occasion. Or explaining them as being bought in a store as a set of traveling supplies. XD

Exactly! owo We try and give some leniency on harmless things like that for that exact reason. I'm glad it helps out with things : )  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games