Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Vampire Counts Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:21 pm
Ryu Takenada
Hmm sounds interersting i think i can do this but just in case what would be the alternative to this list

necromancer-100pts(lvl.2 once again)
one unit of 5 skeletons, light armour and shields- 50pts
two units of 3 dire wolves- 60pts
2 Fell bats- 40pts

This list is more risky, and faster. The skeleton unit is intended to protect the necromancer, and you can boost it up, then your relying on your skeleton unit to take the brunt of attacks, meanwhile your dire wolves will prepare to flank the opponent, and your fellbats will attempt to attack any spellcaster your opponent may have, or to disrupt enemy marching, and be a nuisance. There are fewer models, though the fellbats do have 2 wounds, everything only has a T 3, and you dire wolves only get S 4 on the charge, but your guys can move a lot faster. If you want, you can create an alternate necromancer. (Lvl. 1 spellcaster, with book of arkhan for a total of 90pts, but can use Vanhel's Danse Macabre to move those wolves an extra 8 to their already impressive movement. ) This leaves you with 10 pts to spare, which you can use in the following ways: provide a standard to the skeleton unit, get an extra dire wolf, or improve one dire wolf to doom wolf. This is a rather quick list, and very vulnerable to shooting, if you can manuever it right, it can cause serious problems for your opponent.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:41 pm
okay cool will defenatly try these. thanks.  

Ryu Takenada

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:49 pm
Ryu Takenada
okay cool will defenatly try these. thanks.

No problem at all my fellow curator of evil.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:30 am
Okay. I've had an idea I want to carry out.
A Vampire Counts army based on Dracula.
Most people will know that Dracula is infact Vlad III Tepes, Vlad Dracul, the Impaler.
Now, a Vampire can raise ghouls or zombies of people it has fed upon. As such, I'd want my units to look like the undead spirits of those that Vlad would have killed, or served alongside... I'd like the skeletons to be Wallachian, and the Zombies or ghouls to be Turkish, and similar foes of Wallachia.
I need reference images of Wallachian soldiers between 1448-1476
I also need reference images of Turkish soldiers between 1460-1462

Also, Vlad the Impaler carried with him the name Dracul, from his father, that denoted him as part of the Order of the Dragon. I think this would be a nod towards Blood-Dragon Vampire Counts. What do you people think?

Any input into making this army is appreciated.  

Ophiuchus

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:07 pm
Ophiuchus
Most people will know that Dracula is infact Vlad III Tepes, Vlad Dracul, the Impaler.
Now, a Vampire can raise ghouls or zombies of people it has fed upon. As such, I'd want my units to look like the undead spirits of those that Vlad would have killed, or served alongside... I'd like the skeletons to be Wallachian, and the Zombies or ghouls to be Turkish, and similar foes of Wallachia.

Also, Vlad the Impaler carried with him the name Dracul, from his father, that denoted him as part of the Order of the Dragon. I think this would be a nod towards Blood-Dragon Vampire Counts. What do you people think?

No... if you want a Dracula list, you want Von Carstein, those are the traditional vampires. As for your troops, my suggestion is to convert a bunch of kislev soldiers, as well as a few empire ones from the Cult of Ulric. Those fit in pretty much with the specifications of your zombies and skeletons. Then you can play mix and match with bodies and legs with the skeleton box, and simply paint the empire or kislev troops to look dead.

Von Carstein fit Vlad's way much better, they can still be used as melee fighters, but they are also strategic, and can vary depending on your mood. If you want to go with BD by all means, but Von Carstein fits much better with that whole theme, given their history and relative position to the Empire.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:57 pm
Any references for Wallachian soldiers and Turkish soldiers between the years I stated?  

Ophiuchus

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:11 pm
Ophiuchus
Any references for Wallachian soldiers and Turkish soldiers between the years I stated?

References for those are rather difficult to find online. I as such do not have any. I have information of that time period, but actual images no.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:36 pm
The new army books are chalk-full of new Special Characters, and if you look closely at the UK Gamesworkshop, they mention that after they made Strigoi, they started developing a sixth Bloodline to use. Now, I imagine each bloodline will have a character. Any rumours heard about the sixth bloodline, and any predictions as to which special characters will be included when the Vampire Counts get redone for 7th edition? Put them all here!  

EliotJamesRookwood

Reddemon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:51 pm
I'm hoping its the one from Cathya they mentioned. It would be good to have a real Cathyian-esq army  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:11 pm
mhmmm anime-sque vampires...
Miyu anyone?
seriously though we gotta just wait and see...  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

nadescaflowne

Aged Lunatic

3,875 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:36 am
I thought Gav himself said that they weren't having specific bloodlines anymore and just DIY abilities that could be linked to a bloodline if you wanted o.O; Iunno ;>.>
Gav has been known to change his mind and totally null previous statements =$  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:19 pm
Not sure if it's been brought up, though with the Lahmian list, you TECHNICALLY can have a Casket of souls (Make the Swane a Liche priest, and buy for him a Casket of Souls).

XP Add in The Vampire Count (Level 2/3) and 2 Necromancers, and your enemy is SoL.

Curse of years here, Gaze of nagash there, And now a Casket of Souls. xD  

Drachyench

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:57 am
entire swain list is broken, this makes possible including such things like hail of doom arrow, casket of souls, runic dwarven items tailor-made vs enemy, high elf stormcallers (3 mages in a wood with lore of heavens and seer ability), do I have go on?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:10 pm
Ophiuchus

Okay, I'm guessing you read Hellsing, and saw Alucard become Dracula and summon his army of the undead and this is why you want to have this army them. Well, The proper use for having Vald the Impaler is indeed use Von Carstein. See, GW made a Vlad/Count Dracula, but he every way he kinda sucked. So, modeling your Vlad Dracula I would go with using Blood Dragons Vampire miniature and mix it with the Mannfred Von Constein model. The Ghouls or Zombies you want to use green stuff to model rags of clothes for the peasant that were most likely eliminated. For Wights use the Krell or Black Knights models, they are fine as is. Skeletons mix with Kislev models and Skeletons, not the Cult of Ulric, too wolfie for Dracula and don't fit the fashion during Vlad the Impaler's rule. See, I've been thinking about doing a Vlad Dracula army, and as you can tell put a lot of thought into it. Also, since Vlad Von Carstein's rules suck I think I'll make my own if I ever get around to doing a Vampire army myself.

Ophiuchus

Soldiers for Wallachian are similar to that of Kislev, and the Turkish, Al Muktars Desert Dogs seem to fit the bill.  

Daemon_King

Valmor von Carstein

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:16 pm
I'm curious; does anyone who plays VC armies realize how effective a Wraith with Obsidian Amulet is? What about having the Hell Banner as your Battle Standard, and putting it in a unit of 40 zombies, so that ALL those zombies cause terror?  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff