Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
VGD:::Vidya Game Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:14 pm
Prince Ichi
Sachie Whitby
Prince Ichi
Whats your favorite game series? aw ******** a tie between Elder Scrolls and Final Fantasy.

I still use my mousepad that came packaged with The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall
awwwww s**t son

I played daggerfall with my uncle when i was a wee babbu, imps scared the ******** out of me. I recently acquisitioned it from the bethesda website.

Imps still scare the ******** out of me.

I like playing morrowind just to kill everyone and steal all their s**t, then hauling up in balmora in the one pawn-broker's house on the opposite wall from the mage's guild. (I killed her of course)

You're not missing much when it comes to Daggerfall.
It's probably still holds the title of most bug ridden game ever.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:16 pm
Prince Ichi
Sachie Whitby
Prince Ichi
Whats your favorite game series? aw ******** a tie between Elder Scrolls and Final Fantasy.

I still use my mousepad that came packaged with The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall
awwwww s**t son

I played daggerfall with my uncle when i was a wee babbu, imps scared the ******** out of me. I recently acquisitioned it from the bethesda website.

Imps still scare the ******** out of me.

I like playing morrowind just to kill everyone and steal all their s**t, then hauling up in balmora in the one pawn-broker's house on the opposite wall from the mage's guild. (I killed her of course)

did you break everyone's knees?  

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:18 pm
shut up  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:22 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
I don't remember the camera moving in wild ways in Amnesia, but the game does get blurry when the character's sanity meter plummets. The game probably wouldn't give anybody motion sickness, but I can see it giving people headaches if they are prone to them. I could be wrong though, maybe the darkness of the environment makes it hard to focus on anything anyways.
It is ironic that you say that because I do get migraine headaches from seizure graphics and strode lights.

Oh wow, that is ironic. xD That's a shame though, migrane headaches are terrible. I dunno if Amnesia counts as seizure graphics, but if blurriness counts then I'd recommend staying away from it. That and Call of Cthulu, which has the same blur effect when you're looking at the abominations. I can even think of a webcomic that you should stay away from, one of recent flash videos had a pretty severe case of flashing lights that people in the forums were complaining about.

Usually I see auras before the onset of the actual migraine so if I see auras, I take my meds and rarely get the actual pain.

There's a Call of Cthulhu video game?
[I just remember a couple of old PC games.]  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:28 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
I don't remember the camera moving in wild ways in Amnesia, but the game does get blurry when the character's sanity meter plummets. The game probably wouldn't give anybody motion sickness, but I can see it giving people headaches if they are prone to them. I could be wrong though, maybe the darkness of the environment makes it hard to focus on anything anyways.
It is ironic that you say that because I do get migraine headaches from seizure graphics and strode lights.

Oh wow, that is ironic. xD That's a shame though, migrane headaches are terrible. I dunno if Amnesia counts as seizure graphics, but if blurriness counts then I'd recommend staying away from it. That and Call of Cthulu, which has the same blur effect when you're looking at the abominations. I can even think of a webcomic that you should stay away from, one of recent flash videos had a pretty severe case of flashing lights that people in the forums were complaining about.

Usually I see auras before the onset of the actual migraine so if I see auras, I take my meds and rarely get the actual pain.

Ah, well at least you have a way to tell when you need to take your meds. ^^

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is the one I'm talking about. It's probably one of the old PC games you're thinking of. smile It was released on the Xbox in October of 2005, and ported to the PC in March 2006.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:38 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is the one I'm talking about. It's probably one of the old PC games you're thinking of. smile It was released on the Xbox in October of 2005, and ported to the PC in March 2006.

The ones I know are Shadow of the Comet and Prisoner of Ice.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:51 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

The ones I know are Shadow of the Comet and Prisoner of Ice.

Huh, don't think I've heard of those ones. They seem pretty cool judging from the Wikipedia pages though.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth follows the story of Detective Jack Walters starting from when he investigates an old manor inhabited by Yith cult members. One thing I find neat about it is how Jack takes damage. They actually show you which part of his body is injured, and you can patch it up using what you have in your medical kit. It takes a little while to fully recover too. You can also take a Morphine, but that makes Jack trip out which isn't good in situations where you need to see where you are going. xd He's also afraid of heights, so his vision gets a little blurry when he's up high. Annoying, but a neat detail.

Edit; Changed the drug name to actually be the thing I'm talking about. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:28 pm
Sara Hysaro
Huh, don't think I've heard of those ones. They seem pretty cool judging from the Wikipedia pages though.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth follows the story of Detective Jack Walters starting from when he investigates an old manor inhabited by Yith cult members. One thing I find neat about it is how Jack takes damage. They actually show you which part of his body is injured, and you can patch it up using what you have in your medical kit. It takes a little while to fully recover too. You can also take a Morphine, but that makes Jack trip out which isn't good in situations where you need to see where you are going. xd He's also afraid of heights, so his vision gets a little blurry when he's up high. Annoying, but a neat detail.

I may wait for it to hit abandonware considering that I haven't seen it in stores.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:37 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

I may wait for it to hit abandonware considering that I haven't seen it in stores.

Oooh, I didn't know about that website. I'll have to bookmark it when I get my own computer. smile

Yeah, it costs $25 used off of Amazon for the PC version. Which I guess isn't that bad if you know you'll love the game, but for something iffy I'd rather wait for it to get cheaper or check it out on Youtube to make sure that I'll be happy spending money on a used copy. Unless of course Amazon has a return policy like Gamestop does.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:51 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Oooh, I didn't know about that website. I'll have to bookmark it when I get my own computer. smile

Yeah, it costs $25 used off of Amazon for the PC version. Which I guess isn't that bad if you know you'll love the game, but for something iffy I'd rather wait for it to get cheaper or check it out on Youtube to make sure that I'll be happy spending money on a used copy. Unless of course Amazon has a return policy like Gamestop does.

Huh? I didn't name a specific website. Abandonware is just a term for software that is no longer available for legal purchase and reached a point where the creator no longer supports it.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:02 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Huh? I didn't name a specific website. Abandonware is just a term for software that is no longer available for legal purchase and reached a point where the creator no longer supports it.

... *regoogles Abandonware* Ah, I see. xd I was too hasty in my google assumptions. That makes sense. I guess it'd be good for games like Panzer Dragoon Saga, where the actual copies are in limited supply and the creators claim that it'd be a waste of time to go retrieve the code to make a remake or a version to download.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:46 pm
Sara Hysaro
... *regoogles Abandonware* Ah, I see. xd I was too hasty in my google assumptions. That makes sense. I guess it'd be good for games like Panzer Dragoon Saga, where the actual copies are in limited supply and the creators claim that it'd be a waste of time to go retrieve the code to make a remake or a version to download.

Or "The Savage Empire" and "Martian Dreams," which are the two Ultima games that are abandoned to the extent that when the Ultima Collection was released [which I do own a legal copy of], neither game was included on the disc.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:56 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Or "The Savage Empire" and "Martian Dreams," which are the two Ultima games that are abandoned to the extent that when the Ultima Collection was released [which I do own a legal copy of], neither game was included on the disc.

That must have disappointed a lot of people looking forward to the collection. I know that I'd be a little upset if the one game I wanted to play out of a series wasn't included in a collection. I wonder why they left them out.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:11 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

That must have disappointed a lot of people looking forward to the collection. I know that I'd be a little upset if the one game I wanted to play out of a series wasn't included in a collection. I wonder why they left them out.

The rumor I heard is that the company that owned the game didn't even have an archival copy of these two games anymore to the extent that they would have had to download them off of an abandonware site themselves had they wanted to included them. [Technically they could have done just that, but yea.]  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:16 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

The rumor I heard is that the company that owned the game didn't even have an archival copy of these two games anymore to the extent that they would have had to download them off of an abandonware site themselves had they wanted to included them. [Technically they could have done just that, but yea.]

Huh, that rumor makes sense. Kinda along the same lines of Panzer Dragoon Saga. Personally if I was in charge I'd probably download the games off of abandonware and send an e-mail to the owner of the sites those games are on to take them down. I guess they didn't feel like bothering with that.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games