Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Hurdur, its a chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:23 pm
Aren't the gold shops already a gold sink? I don't think it could get any....simpler. You put money in for an item, trade around already existing gold for item, or return it for half the value. Adding a percent tax would just be the same as "make more expensive gold shop items"  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:41 pm
The Undead Suitor
Aren't the gold shops already a gold sink? I don't think it could get any....simpler. You put money in for an item, trade around already existing gold for item, or return it for half the value. Adding a percent tax would just be the same as "make more expensive gold shop items"
But there are so many ways to get gold nowadays, and Gaia is always adding more gold sinks temporarily, this one would be permanent.  

Hi-Potion

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50

meep12345

Sexy Bear

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:12 pm
The Undead Suitor

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That just reminded me of this...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I so wanted to keep Bow-wow forever as a pet... cat_sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:21 am
Hi! I'm Ping. And please don't ask me to make a pinging sound like someone did before.  

Ping of Death

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:27 am
Hi-Potion
Guys, how would you feel a "Gold Shop Sales Tax" proposal thread would go over?
Im thinking of making one for the Spring Cleaning forum, where it would talk about a 1% or 2% sales tax on all gold shop items so that it could create a permanent gold sink. they tried it with the market place, but it only made people hike up prices to compensate for the tax :I
That way, there would be no way to "make up" for the tax, itd be compulsory, since everyone uses the gold shops (I think?).

That's just asking for a price increase on all gold shop items. If Gaia seriously wants the gold shops to be a gold sink, they should consider doing something like having D*C available year round with slightly less extravagant and less gaudy items in the 100k to 500k price range to attract people who can afford spend 100k+ like it is just pocket change but not do that for items costing 1mil+. There's probably also enough people that can afford 1mil+ that would buy up the cheaper items too if they look nice. Keeping them available year round would insure that people cannot buy them just to try to profit later when the shop disappears.

The items in the 1mil+ range should continue to appear and disappear randomly, but these items are too expensive to be a serious gold sink when you see people having to quest and save hard for them.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:27 am
Ping of Death
Hi! I'm Ping. And please don't ask me to make a pinging sound like someone did before.

You are the person with the awesome house! Also, I totally need to sign your petition now that I'm interested in decorating my house for a change (it's still pretty terrible though). *goes to do so*

And I would totally love some multi-pose gold shop items that are around 250k-1 million gold. whee Gold shop items tend to be my go to items to complete an avatar anyways.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Ping of Death

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:52 am
Sara Hysaro
Ping of Death

You are the person with the awesome house! Also, I totally need to sign your petition now that I'm interested in decorating my house for a change (it's still pretty terrible though). *goes to do so*

And I would totally love some multi-pose gold shop items that are around 250k-1 million gold. whee Gold shop items tend to be my go to items to complete an avatar anyways.
Thank you! redface  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:28 am
Menlusa
ROMVLVS
Voievoda
ROMVLVS
Voievoda
....er....I'm lazy?
EDIT: Uhm...hmm. Something that other don't know. Okay, I'm an equestrian....currently without my own horse. And right now I'm giving some serious thought to how much Mad-Eye Moody can see through things.

Here's something to think about:

The younger crouch was locked up for many years, and the. He was disguised as Mad-Eye, in a school full of young women, with full knowledge of dark arts, including the imperious curse, and mind wiling spells.

*snickers*
I am only just realising this stuff now xD.
My little kiddie mind did not pick up it previously. *re-reading books*

Yeah, re-read the end of book 5. Hermione got Umbridge raped by centaurs.

You know I didn't realize that until I read a cracked article a little while ago called "The 5 Most Depraved Sex Scenes Implied By Harry Potter"

Never realized some of the stuff that went on in those books O.o
I WAS SO YOUNG AND INNOCENT

emotion_awesome
Have just been educated. Spent a fun couple of hours on Cracked.com
Just discovered millions of other things that I've missed in cartoons.  

Voievoda

Shy Warrior

Menlusa

Sparkly Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:35 am
Voievoda
Menlusa

You know I didn't realize that until I read a cracked article a little while ago called "The 5 Most Depraved Sex Scenes Implied By Harry Potter"

Never realized some of the stuff that went on in those books O.o
I WAS SO YOUNG AND INNOCENT

emotion_awesome
Have just been educated. Spent a fun couple of hours on Cracked.com
Just discovered millions of other things that I've missed in cartoons.

Cracked is a little too addicting sweatdrop
The first time I discovered it I was lost for days in articles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:12 am
User Image

*Pops out of corner* I'm Under The Darkness. Known best for being annoying. And I pride myself on my eyebrows. For some odd reason.

User Image

Gamori Grigori

Demonic Citizen

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:10 am
I am having biscuits and gravy for breakfast, and there is nothing you can do to stop me.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:14 am
___● Herp derp. Hello all. I am a long-time lurker of the GCD, but I recently grew enough backbone to start posting, hurrah!  

acn period

Beloved Noob

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:32 am
Hi-Potion
The Undead Suitor
But there are so many ways to get gold nowadays, and Gaia is always adding more gold sinks temporarily, this one would be permanent.

gold shops are already permanent though. You cant get more permanent than that.

Just petition for more expensive gold shop items, it would be a s**t ton easier than trying to work out a tax.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:43 am
Ridley Starsmore
I am having biscuits and gravy for breakfast, and there is nothing you can do to stop me.
SOOOO JEALOUUSSSSSS!!!

IT BURRRRNNNNS!

I'm half-assedly studying for my molecular final on Tuesday.  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:20 am
I just wanted to say thanks for the invitation~ It's been a while since I've had a guild.

cool

For more "info" visit my profile. Which is not very informative though.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games