Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
What type of goth are you? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what kind of goth?
  punk goth
  hippie goth
  skatergoth
  gothy goth
  i'm not goth
  GOLD LOVING GOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

blackpendant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:38 pm
NoirRaven
To be honest, I could be considered goth, but I believe these labels should be dropped the moment you're out of high school. stare I am me, myself, and I and have no use for labels.

ya she has a point  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:33 pm
What kind of goth....hmmmmmmmmm

a bohemian (sp?) goth. (bohemian=artsy, creative, different, all those things). People usually count me as a geek goth because i draw a lot of anime. Well, anime has actually helped my normal artistry very much. I like to draw, and i like to draw things in proportion, which makes my cartooning much different than so many.

But i'm just ranting at this point.

Labels....you wear black for a whole week and black nail polish, and what do you get? You get one of those church goers that NEED to have everyone remember every scripture in the Bible or you're going to hell people, to go up to you and try to "make friends" with you and turn you into whatever. Heh, isn't the world so sad as to try and turn you into something you're not? I'm a christian, but please, leave me to my darkness. rolleyes

strange123

hfdhgsdfgsf

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:47 pm
well, everyone icluding my bf say i'm a mix between gothy goth and punk goth. He loves me for that twist. heart  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:55 pm
I dont consider myself a goth.  

Emperor Lothar

BrokenFaerrie

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:37 pm
I have no idea. I took a cute lil quiz about it one time tho. It said I was a vampire goth  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:06 pm
Hmm..
I've been called prep/goth.. If thats even possible.
And also skater/goth supposidly.
Emo/goth not to mention.
My my..These lables are so entertaining.  

Choklit Teddi

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Choklit Teddi

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:16 pm
Mana-Sama M10M
I'm a Gothic Lolita (and NO it has nothing to do with the word Goth that you use here in the western world)

Btw, there's no such thing as those "kinds of goth" you just put in the poll

A goth listens to goth music

The clothing has nothing to do with it

Refering to Leith- Amen to that small bit of sanity..

You dont have to listen to 'goth' music to be goth.. Whats up with that?
The only true 'goths' are the ones at heart, not in outward appearence.

i.e- Doesnt matter what you listen to; doesnt matter how you talk; doesnt matter how you dress. All of those things wouldnt make you goth..  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:58 pm
I just graduated high school, and even during it I didn't use a label...I was/am me. Though, there are a few people who would be happy to tell you I'm gothic. I'm catholic, but I'm more into mythology Gods/Goddesses...so more Pagan stuff. I listen to any type of music from hard core gothic metal to techno music. I don't dress too gothic, but most of what I wear is black...I'm just attracted to the color ^^;  

lilyoftheflames

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

SunshyAlone

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:26 pm
For the sake of the poll, I voted punk/goth. In reality, I am a mix of punk, skater, and goth. I have been called a poser for my strangeness. I hate those people that seem to think that my inner child needs a friend. Well, you know what, I killed my inner child. So leave me alone and let me be weird!  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:39 pm
I'm a grunge goth myself. Started in the 90's and I still have some flannel in the back of my closet.  

darkXmoon

darkXmoon

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:18 am
I am the mod that just deleted both posts on what is and what is not goth. Before this turns into a flame I want to kill the spark.

I am a goth and I only have 2 goth bands on my play list. Voltaire and some chick from France. I hate almost all other goth music out there right now. I'm a happy goth and I know what I want on my play list, this does not make me any less of a goth. Also the Lolita fashion is not goth in Japan but is goth in the states. Lolita is popping up more and more in goth fashion and excepted for its dark beauty and cosplay friendliness.

as for the goth at heart, I liked that because I can relate to it. I have to dress a certain way for certain occasion for work related reasons. I may look like a prep while doing it but deep down I'm still a goth at heart. Even if I'm having a blue jeans and flannel shirt day, I may look like a bum but I'm still a goth.  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:47 pm
darkXmoon
I am the mod that just deleted both posts on what is and what is not goth. Before this turns into a flame I want to kill the spark.

I am a goth and I only have 2 goth bands on my play list. Voltaire and some chick from France. I hate almost all other goth music out there right now. I'm a happy goth and I know what I want on my play list, this does not make me any less of a goth. Also the Lolita fashion is not goth in Japan but is goth in the states. Lolita is popping up more and more in goth fashion and excepted for its dark beauty and cosplay friendliness.

as for the goth at heart, I liked that because I can relate to it. I have to dress a certain way for certain occasion for work related reasons. I may look like a prep while doing it but deep down I'm still a goth at heart. Even if I'm having a blue jeans and flannel shirt day, I may look like a bum but I'm still a goth.
Meaning were not allowed to discuss?  

Emperor Lothar

gothicrebel

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:08 pm
zz1000zz
I've never bothered with labels, not even in high school. There isn't much point in them.

And, is there really such a thing as hippy goth?

ultra vegitarian ones that care for animals and hate pollution and stuff biggrin

btw
im like cyber goth or something
all about computers and junk
im kinda like
a darkraver/junglist/candykid
biggrin DDD  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games