Welcome to Gaia! ::

Coffee Stains & Crumpled Paper -- A Writers Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for writers of all kinds. 

Tags: writing, prose, poetry, writers, reading 

Reply Roleplay
Dragon Chronicles:Gods of War, and Times of Peace OPEN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:42 pm
Delia looked at the gun, thoughts of how to use it ran through her head. She wasn't sure if she'd ever get used to it, it was a disturbing thing to know exactly what do with something before ever seeing it. The only evidence of her actuall learning how to use it was the slight headache she still had. That was easy to ignore in the circumstances though.

"Yeah," Delia said, her face still grim, "this is me, happy." She let out a single laugh. "So, how far exactly is the location we need to be from the drop off point?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:51 pm
"Uuh... the city is pretty big, and most of it is ruined, scrapped for materials to build ships, so you'll have a very long walk. A couple of hours at least to get there, not including the waiting time." Angel's voice buzzed through the two's internal comms.
"Angel's on the money there. We'll be gone a while. However, Valentine isn't supposed to leave the city for at least 2 weeks, so we have plenty of time to get there and set up." Longshot nodded slightly, stashing his rifle away again. "Remember, return fire only, use your blade if you need to kill. You can only use a gun under my order."

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:01 pm
Delia looked up at Longshot, her brows slightly furrowed. "A couple of hours? Are we sure that the distractions will be sufficient to buy us that much time to go unnoticed?" It wasn't that Delia had no faith in the Shadow Corp, just the pirates they had decided to call in to help.

"Will there be any specific dangers en route that I should know about?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:11 pm
"25 foot robots with shark launching cannons." Longshot smirked. "No idea Delia. And yes, we'll have enough time. The pirates aren't actually due until we're half way through the city."

The shuttle started to shudder, as they entered the atmosphere. "Alright, stand up Delia, we're almost there." Longshot stood up, moving towards the door at the rear.

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:16 pm
Delia stood up and walked over to the door with Longshot. She put a hand on the wall beside her to steady herself as the ship shuddered.

"Shark launching cannons? Nah, that'd be too predictable." Delia looked intently at the door, wondering what would happen after it was open.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:43 pm
Longshot chuckled. "I guess you're right." He sighed, pulling his glasses off and sliding them into a pocket. "Now, do exactly as I do, alright?" The doors opened, the wind almost pulling Longshot's hat from his head, or so it seemed, but the hat remained firmly on his head. "Ok, once we get down, follow me, we'll take cover and recon the area. Then we'll move on."
"Now or never Sergio!" Angel shouted.
"All right! Remember, follow... ME!" Longshot grinned, leaping out of the shuttle. "WOO!"

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:48 pm
"What?" Delia hardly had time to exclaim before Longshot jumped out of the shuttle. Without thinking she jumped after him, throwing her arms open for more wind resistance to slow her fall. She felt the wind whipping past her face and fought to keep her eyes open. "You could have at least warned me!" She yelled to Longshot below her, but her voice was lost to the wind.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:52 pm
Longshot grinned, giving Delia a thumbs up. His jacket was whipping around him, and his hat was still attached to his head. The ground was rapidly approaching, as Longshot slowed himself, grabbing Delia as he did so.
"Hang on! 5 Point Seal... Levia!" He shouted, the seals appearing around his body. They started to slow, very rapidly, but the ground was still approaching a little too fast.
"Ugh!" Longshot grunted, slamming hard into the ground, then dropping Delia back to her feet and stepping back, smiling. "Fun, no?"

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:02 pm
Delia landed on her feet a little too hard, her knees buckled and she was left crouching on the ground.

"Fun?" She said as she stood up and dusted off her clothes. "Sure, whatever you say." She looked around at the surroundings, what Angel had said was dead on. It was ruined, no building that she could see stood fully intact. Thankfully, she couldn't see anybody either with a quick, cursory glance.

"Which way now?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:07 pm
Longshot motioned with his head. "This way." And with that, he off, at a jogging pace. He had his glasses on again, glancing around. "I can't hear anyone around... and we should get to the non-ruined part of the city within.... twenty minutes? From there it should be easier, more places to hide."
He kept going, still looking around, then pointed. "Ok, we'll stop here, rest and I'll try and get some recon." It was a small building, perhaps a restaurant of some kind. Empty now, but mostly intact.

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:19 pm
Delia stopped at the building Longshot pointed at. It was derelict for sure, but not completely destroyed like most of the other buildings around. She stepped through the entrance, the door was hanging open off of its hinges. It was dark inside, there wasn't much light coming in from the outside because the only windows were covered in grime. Delia closed her left eye and looked around the small building.

"There's nothing in here but for some rats."  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:23 pm
"Good. We... s**t! Inside!" Longshot ran forward, taking cover. "Delia, in cover, now!" He pulled free two daggers, crouching lower behind the cover.

He had heard footsteps, at least three people, all lightly armoured. They had weapons, that was for sure, but he didnt' know what. Or even where they were coming from.

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:36 pm
Delia quickly crouched beside Longshot, looking around frantically for the danger. She kept her left eye closed so she could see farther than with just normal vision. Everything disappeared but for the mana that hung around in the air. The white wisps gave indications of the walls of the buildins in the way they floated around them. Delia still didn't see anybody, even outside there was no mana to indicate people near. After doing a full 360 of the area, something clicked. Nobody ever looks up.

Delia tilted her head up, there was a second floor of the building. She hadn't looked up in her initial search. There were three people on the floor right above them.

"Above up," She said, not looking away, "Three people."  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:54 pm
Longshot looked up. "Alright. Wait here." Silently, he moved away, towards the stairs and up. He could hear the men talking now, they all had their backs to the stairs.
"Heh heh, yeah! Dude, she was hot!" One of them said.
"Too bad Valentine cut her head off." The second shrugged.
"I dunno, she was still hot." The third start to laugh.
SHING. THUD.
"What the he-urgh..." One of the men tried to shout, his voice replaced by a bloody gurgle as Longshot sunk a dagger into his throat, the first man's head rolling on the floor.
The third tried to hit Longshot with his rifle, but instead ended up with a broken arm. Longshot dragged him down the stairs, throwing him onto the floor.
"Delia, kill him. Don't want you freezing up when it's time to pull the trigger."
"What?! No! Please! Do-don't kill me, please! I'll do whatever you want!" The man started begging, looking frantically from Longshot to Delia. "Please, you can't!"

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:10 pm
Delia stood up from her crouch when Longshot threw the man down on the floor in front of her. She took a quick step back. She couldn't take her eyes off of the man, begging for his life. Begging, to be spared. She reached up and drew the Katana from its sheath on her back. She gripped it firmly, for a first time holding a sword, it felt comfortable. Delia tried not to let any emotion show on her face as she took a step forward, towards the man. He probably had friends, a family, maybe. She gripped the sword tighter. He worked for Valentine, the Remnants, he didn't deserve to live.

A rage boiled up in Delia when she thought of that. He worked for the organization that had slaughtered so many other Neo's. She poised the sword tip above the man's chest.

"If I'm going to have a long and prosperous career in this business, I don't want to be known for my compassion." She drove the sword downwards, hard. The man stopped begging. "That would be lame."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff