Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]
The Forgotten Chamber! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Summer_Breeze1507

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:06 pm
Yes, then you can rest there during the night, and even travel back and forth through the portal for classes and finals and such...  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:00 pm
"Here we go," Katie says in a strained voice as she lifts a rather large, dusty book off of a top shelf and tosses it on the table. "I believe that's it. Have you ever traveled by portal before?"  

Est_monte_de_Dieu

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:36 pm
um i have traveled by port ket and floo network
and trains and planes and horses and feet and all kinds of magical means but i have never used a portal from a book before
andi have never apprerated(sp?)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:03 pm
[[it's apparated, I think...]]
It's not much different from a portkey. I've done it before with my Dad to visit the dragons of France through a book left in a dragon cave of a pregnant Horntail. He helped with the egg hatching and I assisted him.
Anyways that was a bit off topic. Book traveling is similar to portkey was all I was trying to say. haha.

Summer_Breeze1507

Starlight_Twixy

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:25 pm
Morgan enters the chamber and looks around in awe. "Wow. This place is amazing."  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:00 pm
Oh Morgan I am so sorry, I must sound like a terrible old nag to you, but house-elves can only post in the house elf classes, the giggling pear, the great hall, and spinner's end...But maybe, since this place is new, you can post here to clean...I am unsure...  

Summer_Breeze1507

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:14 pm
i didnt like traveling by portkey it made me sick
((ooc @morgan maybe you will be allowed to post here aask
Est_monte_de_Dieu or katie cause she made this place so i think its her rules to follow))

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:10 am
{{Of course she can post here. Everybody can!}}
"To be honest, Summer, these books are a bit different. They aren't just books that were turned into portals, but books that were specifically designed to be them. Most book portals fade after a few years, but these are centuries old. Now, James, all you do is open the book, say an address, and then put your hand on the page. A silver mist should engulf you and take you where you want to go, but just in case, here," Katie says, handing James a portal back to Hogwarts.

Est_monte_de_Dieu

Animekitty47

Blessed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:40 am
Kitty looked up from the book she was reading, "Wow, so did you figure out how to make a portal from those books, Katie? Or are you just using them?"  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:18 am
hmm that seems very interesting the one problem with that is that i will have to pass the warding of my village first
grabs a random book that looks like its written n elven
wait a tic i thought it was impossible to teleport or use transpotation of magical means into or out of hogwarts (the fllo network only works if peeps are cleared and you cant apparate out or into with out magical warding being lifted)
oh well i guess i could give it a shot
*james opens the elven book*
places hand on the book*
"Mablung of Dorthonion"
chants in elven
"Órelindë Lossëhelin Beren Calafalas Nápoldë Anwamanë"
as James chants a green flash of light surrounds the book
there i have temporarily stopped the spells surrounding my home
now to use this book as a portal
james then opens portal and is surrounded by a silvery mist then
after a few moments james is gone

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Est_monte_de_Dieu

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:47 pm
"Originally, I was just using them, but now I know how to make them. It takes a lot of magic. I'm surprised I can do it, being a first year and all."  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:58 pm
Kitty nodded, "That is indeed impressive. I wonder if that means most people can make them or if you're just that awesome!"

(So, you're teacher/student personalities aren't separate? That sounds confusing to me...Well, whatever.)

Animekitty47

Blessed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:49 pm
time skippy
after 2 days the room fills with silver mist and james pops in feeling a lot better
ok im back so what happened in the 2 days i was gone *makes small chat with every one in the room*
((ooc @kitty she used professor ro for her teacher personalities
and katie for her student personalities so if she is using her student name then she is acting as only the student
and if she uses the teacher name she is acting as only the professor))

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:36 pm
{{James is right. They're separate....}}  

Est_monte_de_Dieu

Summer_Breeze1507

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:58 pm
Welcome Back James!
*Summer says. She had been nestled in a chair studying for her History of Magic final, a giant textbook in her lap.*

Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games