Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)
Hangout with the crew- lounge [chat] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mulizak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:14 pm
Damn....this' what I get when I watch House. I miss 2 pages worth of conversation. crying

Anyways, I'm not much into physics. I can get what's going on, but.....I can never explain it myself. ???...so don't ask me. confused  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:15 pm
Dammie-kins
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic
hey Ron... i heard that you're a scientific guy, am I right?

nope.....nope.....you never heard anything.....you're deaf...and im deaf...and no one heard anything.... ninja

O.o are you sure???

nope....lolz, jk. what do you want to know?

you see.. im currently doing a project..and since you live in NY, you have probably heard of the hudson county science fair? i need some suggestions for my control..the project is about using antocyanin and chlorophyllide dyes to make solar cells.

AHAHAHAHAHAH YESS SOLAR CELL PROJECTS!.! I haven't worked on this for about 2 years as well.

I believe your control should follow something along the lines of already working solar cells. You're control group (if you wish) would be to purchase a set of solar cells and watch their solar read-out in wattage, amperes, or voltage. I would suggest amperes due to the fact that they are a fundamental SI unit.

i thought about using solar cell as my control.. does water work too? instead of using dye.. i could have used water as my control  

YUMIneko-Con

Dameon the -V-

Although if you gave me two days with my old chemistry note book, I would be able to give you the best possible outcome for the largest amount of amperes. Somehow, however i believe that you should check similar work and compare your data. I would give you my chemistry guru's website but i think he shut it down because of reasons unknown which I do not care to share.  
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic

O.o are you sure???

you see.. im currently doing a project..and since you live in NY, you have probably heard of the hudson county science fair? i need some suggestions for my control..the project is about using antocyanin and chlorophyllide dyes to make solar cells.

ehh....i'm not up to level yet, but i did do a lab using the juice of crushed blackberries, titanium-dioxide. i also used two glass slides with semiconducting/transparent tape on both slides that are to be covered in graphite. see if that helps. since daemon is a chem nerd, you should ask him...as for the best voltage....i don't know.

ahh...so you have done this before..nice

yeah...the onle non-fun part was waiting for the liquid to boil, the dioxide to dry...and to wait for a while after the project was done.  

Ronzalpha201

YUMIneko-Con

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:17 pm
Dammie-kins
Although if you gave me two days with my old chemistry note book, I would be able to give you the best possible outcome for the largest amount of amperes. Somehow, however i believe that you should check similar work and compare your data. I would give you my chemistry guru's website but i think he shut it down because of reasons unknown which I do not care to share.

is ok kins  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:18 pm
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic

O.o are you sure???

ehh....i'm not up to level yet, but i did do a lab using the juice of crushed blackberries, titanium-dioxide. i also used two glass slides with semiconducting/transparent tape on both slides that are to be covered in graphite. see if that helps. since daemon is a chem nerd, you should ask him...as for the best voltage....i don't know.

yeah...the onle non-fun part was waiting for the liquid to boil, the dioxide to dry...and to wait for a while after the project was done.

after you have assembled the graztel cell.. did you test its current and voltage?  

YUMIneko-Con

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:20 pm
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic

after you have assembled the graztel cell.. did you test its current and voltage?

yeah...it somehow came out to 24V i think.....it's been quite a while  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:23 pm
Water is the neutral base to most things, I would assume that as well would be a nice starting place. However, the difference is that water may be a conductor to a point. I believe its voltage was...ehh...i needz to find my notebook. Its huge, it can't be that non-existant in my room.

I'll start reading my notes on the topic.  

Dameon the -V-

YUMIneko-Con

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:25 pm
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic

i feel like my project is out dated T.T  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Dammie-kins
Water is the neutral base to most things, I would assume that as well would be a nice starting place. However, the difference is that water may be a conductor to a point. I believe its voltage was...ehh...i needz to find my notebook. Its huge, it can't be that non-existant in my room.

I'll start reading my notes on the topic.

lol, i guess you'll be the one helping her out...have massive AP class hw to do...specifially my AP American class...it's torture in there.  

Ronzalpha201

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:27 pm
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic

not really. it was done within my internship in Columbia University during the summer, not in my HS. so, you're actually wayy more far ahead than we are. (despite the fact that i'm in AP phys 1B...and it bores the hell out of me)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:33 pm
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic

not really. it was done within my internship in Columbia University during the summer, not in my HS. so, you're actually wayy more far ahead than we are. (despite the fact that i'm in AP phys 1B...and it bores the hell out of me)

well, each person has his/her own project.. when the teacher asked us to choose a project for the science fair, i got rejected three times. Either my previous projects areundoable or it is too dangerous that i might blow up the whole school. On my last day of school, I was in a rush and FINALLY found this project and presented right away..  

YUMIneko-Con

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:38 pm
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic

well, each person has his/her own project.. when the teacher asked us to choose a project for the science fair, i got rejected three times. Either my previous projects areundoable or it is too dangerous that i might blow up the whole school. On my last day of school, I was in a rush and FINALLY found this project and presented right away..

lol, just like me, a last minute person. why not do a project out of the conductivity of electrolytes? you could try the solutions of Gatorade Vs. Redbull, or others of the like. it's not an intel winner, but it's enough to get you a decent grade to pass for the year. it's a quick project too.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:42 pm
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic

O.o are you sure???

....omfg u guys put me to shame... >~< i have no knowledge whatsoever about these kind of stuff... my logic helps me through most tests though...  

OakbingNoona

Timid Bunny

4,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

YUMIneko-Con

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:44 pm
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic
Ronzalpha201
Kaleido_Angelic

lol, just like me, a last minute person. why not do a project out of the conductivity of electrolytes? you could try the solutions of Gatorade Vs. Redbull, or others of the like. it's not an intel winner, but it's enough to get you a decent grade to pass for the year. it's a quick project too.

O.o gatorade vs. redbull?? i have already presented my project and also..im working on the procedures right now.. and i dont think i could change my substances  
Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games